Mike Zimmer unanimous pick for NFC North coach of year

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Mike Zimmer unanimous pick for NFC North coach of year

Post by Mothman »

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Mike Zimmer unanimous pick for NFC North coach of year

Post by The Breeze »

Wow...unanimous?
That's cool....and well deserved IMO.
Thought Rivera might get some votes.

edit: oops...I see it was NFCN coach of the year. Jim Bob Cooter got 2 votes lol
Last edited by The Breeze on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

The Breeze wrote:Wow...unanimous?
Rivera might if he was coaching in the NFC NORTH ;)
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

This team, with it's players, fans and ownership are truly blessed to have Zim at the helm. It took way too long to get it right, but to me anyway, it might have been worth the wait. :smilevike:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Congrats to coach Zimmer. I don't think there should be any doubt that he should have gotten it for the North division considering all the projections at the start of the year for the team.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The Breeze wrote:Wow...unanimous?

edit: oops...I see it was NFCN coach of the year. Jim Bob Cooter got 2 votes lol
Some probably voted for Jim Bob just because of his name.

Cold is temporary. Purple Pride is forever.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Congratulations to Zimmer!

Given some of the immediate coaching moves, I don't think Zimmer is close to being done fixing the team. His best is yet to come!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'm glad for Zim as I think he's done a great job although it's a little weird to have a "coach of the year" pick based off of just 4 teams....
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:I'm glad for Zim as I think he's done a great job although it's a little weird to have a "coach of the year" pick based off of just 4 teams....
It narrows the field a bit, doesn't it? ;) However, it does give ESPN bloggers something to write about at the end of January when most of the teams have been eliminated from contention.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Purple bruise wrote:This team, with it's players, fans and ownership are truly blessed to have Zim at the helm. It took way too long to get it right, but to me anyway, it might have been worth the wait. :smilevike:
You know, there's a hidden point to your comment I'd like to bring up.

Zygi Wilf was a new owner when he started out. He didn't know much about being an owner, and he made some real blunders. But now 10 years into his tenure, I think he's learned from his mistakes and is becoming a very good owner. He's got the right man at GM in Rick Spielman and the right coach in Mike Zimmer. He fought like hell to keep the team in Minnesota, surviving the battles with the Minnesota legislature to now be within a few months of opening a phenomenal new stadium. He's willing to spend money to keep important players. The Vikings are on the rise, and it doesn't appear to be short term.

So hats off to Zygi for learning from his mistakes, and for putting Zimmer at the helm. NFCN coach of the year is nothing compared to what I believe Zim can do in the future.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: You know, there's a hidden point to your comment I'd like to bring up.

Zygi Wilf was a new owner when he started out. He didn't know much about being an owner, and he made some real blunders. But now 10 years into his tenure, I think he's learned from his mistakes and is becoming a very good owner. He's got the right man at GM in Rick Spielman and the right coach in Mike Zimmer. He fought like hell to keep the team in Minnesota, surviving the battles with the Minnesota legislature to now be within a few months of opening a phenomenal new stadium. He's willing to spend money to keep important players. The Vikings are on the rise, and it doesn't appear to be short term.

So hats off to Zygi for learning from his mistakes, and for putting Zimmer at the helm. NFCN coach of the year is nothing compared to what I believe Zim can do in the future.
Exactly my point Kapp and I agree 100% :smilevike:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

To be honest, I didn't even know there was a Divisional coach of the year.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

808vikingsfan wrote:To be honest, I didn't even know there was a Divisional coach of the year.
It's an award created by ESPN. Their 4 NFC North writers voted on the 4 coaches in the division.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: It's an award created by ESPN. Their 4 NFC North writers voted on the 4 coaches in the division.
To me, it is dumb... Its like naming him the best NFL coach in Minnesota.

Cold is temporary. Purple Pride is forever.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: To me, it is dumb... Its like naming him the best NFL coach in Minnesota.
Oh, I see... so you're saying he's NOT the best NFL coach in Minnesota?!!! :steamed: