What??? Teddy to the Pro Bowl?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

What??? Teddy to the Pro Bowl?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/T ... 6211faa273
Eden Prairie, MN (January 25, 2016) – Minnesota Vikings LB Anthony Barr and QB Teddy Bridgewater have both been named to their first Pro Bowl after contributing to the Vikings first NFC North title since 2009.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Re: What??? Teddy to the Pro Bowl?

Post by S197 »

Harrison Smith named earlier too. So that's Peterson, Griffen, Barr, Bridgewater, Smith, right?
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Way to go Teddy! I'm excited to watch the game now with 5 of our guys in there!
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

cool for teddy. good end to up and down season for him.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

How many QBs had to say no before Teddy got the nod? No offense to Teddy, but this is why the Pro Bowl is looked at as a joke. He has no business being in the same state as the Pro Bowl, let alone playing in it.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Teddy's going to light it up throwing to legit WRs like Fitz, Marshall, Hopkins, and Jones.
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:How many QBs had to say no before Teddy got the nod? No offense to Teddy, but this is why the Pro Bowl is looked at as a joke. He has no business being in the same state as the Pro Bowl, let alone playing in it.

same goes for smith and barr and kalil and rudolph in 2012. nobody takes these pro bowl nods seriously. just enjoy our guys getting some national attention.
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:How many QBs had to say no before Teddy got the nod? No offense to Teddy, but this is why the Pro Bowl is looked at as a joke. He has no business being in the same state as the Pro Bowl, let alone playing in it.
^^^^ This. A case can be made for the other four, Smith should be starting, Teddy should only be going if he pays his own way.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Damn. Should've bought tickets earlier. There's still some $45.00 seats but they're in the nosebleed and in the sun.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

SP1966 wrote: ^^^^ This. A case can be made for the other four, Smith should be starting, Teddy should only be going if he pays his own way.

Not sure how they choose the alternates. If it's not from the voting, I'm guessing the 11-5 record and winning the North had a lot to do with it.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Matt Goess
‏@MattGoess
@ArifHasanNFL Since 2012, of our 8 1st rounders only Floyd, Kendricks (correction Rhodes) and Waynes are not pro bowlers.
mike2mike
Starter

Post by mike2mike »

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/minn ... pff-012116
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I bleed purple and am happy for the Vikings that get a free trip to Hawaii. But, what a absolute joke the pro bowl has become. Seriously like 8 quarterbacks turned down going...... what the hell is the point of the game? Until they make the game actually worth something (like MLB) it will always be a pointless game and really dumb in my eyes. I can't think of a way to make it worth something to the teams or players but what a sad joke it is.

The NFL should just name a all pro team and buy them all limited edition Rolex or belt buckles or something.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I bleed purple and am happy for the Vikings that get a free trip to Hawaii. But, what a absolute joke the pro bowl has become. Seriously like 8 quarterbacks turned down going...... what the hell is the point of the game? Until they make the game actually worth something (like MLB) it will always be a pointless game and really dumb in my eyes. I can't think of a way to make it worth something to the teams or players but what a sad joke it is.

The NFL should just name a all pro team and buy them all limited edition Rolex or belt buckles or something.
I've been banging the drum for a skills competition for years. Make it a fun, family/fan-friendly very low-injury-risk "competition." It's seriously broken and an awful "product."
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I really think the players that DESERVE to be all pros would.much rather have a limited edition nfl rolex or something. Something they can keep forever to remind them how well they played, no one wants to play in a meaningless game..... they all can afford to take a trip to Hawaii if they want.