Washington state vikes fan

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

ADnChester
Starter

Washington state vikes fan

Post by ADnChester »

Been awhile since I've been on here but need to let some of this out. 27 yard field. Really?!!! Blair why??!!

I'm a firm believer in one play not making the whole game. Adrian shouldn't have fumbled captain not taking outside contain on the botched fumble, etc....it's a 27 harder tho. Imo the vikings have been trending upwards all year. They got wrecked a few times, won a few blowouts, and then seemed to be peaking at the right time. won the North by beating the packers in the final game. In most part dominated a team that was in the past 2 super bowls and had beat us by 30 earlier in the year. 27 yarder I still can't believe how badly he missed it. I live In washington surrounded by Seahawks "fans" that didn't know what a football was 3 years ago. Utterly disappointed. Sorry had to get it off my chest

:burp: here's to next year being our year
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Washington state vikes fan

Post by saint33 »

agree with what you said completely. I know everyone wants to spread the blame out, and there were definitely mistakes made. But the way I look at it, over the course of a football game mistakes are going to be made, the other team is going to make some plays and the team simply has to overcome it's mistakes and make enough plays to win. We did that, the defense and offense made up for their mistakes by getting the team into a position to kick a chip shot FG to win the game. At that point, it doesn't matter what's lead you up to this point, there is no excuses for a kicker to miss from 27 yards away, especially with the game on the line.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

ADnChester wrote:Been awhile since I've been on here but need to let some of this out. 27 yard field. Really?!!! Blair why??!!

I'm a firm believer in one play not making the whole game. Adrian shouldn't have fumbled captain not taking outside contain on the botched fumble, etc....it's a 27 harder tho. Imo the vikings have been trending upwards all year. They got wrecked a few times, won a few blowouts, and then seemed to be peaking at the right time. won the North by beating the packers in the final game. In most part dominated a team that was in the past 2 super bowls and had beat us by 30 earlier in the year. 27 yarder I still can't believe how badly he missed it. I live In washington surrounded by Seahawks "fans" that didn't know what a football was 3 years ago. Utterly disappointed. Sorry had to get it off my chest

:burp: here's to next year being our year
I'm a bit surprised by the statement bolded above since the Seahawks have been in the league since 1976. But I assume you are referring to those fans who only became fans since the Seahawks won the Super Bowl a couple of years ago. But it is just a fact of life, there are always going to be bandwagon jumpers on and off depending on how good/bad the team is doing.
ADnChester
Starter

Post by ADnChester »

Yea it's been pretty overwhelming. I wasn't referring to fans that have watched the hawks for decades my problem is Seahawks bumper stickers car decals jerseys out the ting yang. I've lived in wa my whole life never had that kind of atmosphere. Your right nothing to do about it people like winners it's just aggravating.
vikesfan87
All Pro Elite Player

Post by vikesfan87 »

Purple Reign wrote:I'm a bit surprised by the statement bolded above since the Seahawks have been in the league since 1976. But I assume you are referring to those fans who only became fans since the Seahawks won the Super Bowl a couple of years ago. But it is just a fact of life, there are always going to be bandwagon jumpers on and off depending on how good/bad the team is doing.
For certain, but it is enough to sink the reputation of a fan-base. I bet that nobody really complained about Patriot fans before 2001.