Bears @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Vikings v. Bears Game Day Thread (Week 15)

Post by akvikingsfan »

I had some huge issues with my flight last night from Sacramento to San Antonio. So big that I'm just about to board a flight now to Long Beach and then on to Austin. Due to this mix up, I will be missing the entire game. Hopefully, the flight from Long Beach to Austin will have wifi so I can follow along here and on NFL.com. So I'm leaving up to you guys to tell me what to be outraged about! Hopefully today is a Vikings win and things play out to the extent that they clench a playoff berth. #SkolVikings
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings v. Bears Game Day Thread (Week 15)

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Skol! Let's hope that the game goes smoother than your flight plans.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Bears @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

Post by yezzir »

Good Morning and Skol!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Bears @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

Post by Mothman »

Good morning!

James (akvikingsfan): I'm sorry to hear about your flight issues and I'm sorry to hear you'll miss today's game. We'll keep you up to date an everything worthy of your outrage! :lol:

I assume you started a game thread so you could post about it while between flights. That's fine. However, Yezzir has been starting the official game day threads for a long time now and since that's become sort of a tradition, we usually leave that up to him. No harm done, it's just a courtesy we extend and you were probably unaware of it.

I've merged the threads.

Yezzir, when I merged the previous thread into yours I assumed your post would remain at the top but apparently, the site orders the merged posts in chronological order. Sorry abut that...

In the future, if everyone could please leave starting the game day thread up to Yezzir, that would be nice. It's something he really enjoys doing and as I said, it's become sort of a VMB tradition.

SKOL! Here's hoping the Vikes win today!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Damn.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Alshon Jeffery (calf, illness) is expected to play Week 15 against the Vikings.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Bears have struggled against the run and struggled on defending kick returns so hopefully, both Peterson and Patterson will make some big plays today.

I don't think Bridgewater has played a good game against the Bears yet so I'm looking for him to play well too.

On defense, the Vikes need to watch out of those deep throws to Jeffery, get to Cutler and stop the run.

I'm nervous about this one... the Vikes don't seem to sweep the Bears often.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Sorry about that! I know he's been doing it forever. I just didn't see it yet at early o'clock. Didn't know where else to post. Thanks for merging the two. Skol.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

akvikingsfan wrote:Sorry about that! I know he's been doing it forever. I just didn't see it yet at early o'clock. Didn't know where else to post. Thanks for merging the two. Skol.

No worries... happy travels!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Joseph inactive. Double crud.

#Vikings inactives: NT Joseph, QB Heinicke, LB Barr, S Smith, C Easton, OL Sirles and WR Johnson
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Won't get to watch this one but I got good feels about it. I think TB comes out aggressive and despite the injuries, the D will make it a rough day for the Bears O. AD will feast today in a Vikes double digit win.
:ripple:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

If they play like they did in Arizona while limiting the turnovers I can see that. Hopefully Harris has another good game and can get a takeaway. Not thrilled with no Smith with Viking-Killer Jeffery suiting up. Xavier will need to be hot all game and watch the hands/grabbing. Tall task. No Joseph makes me nervous about Forte/Langford. No Barr/injured Griffen worries me about consistent pass rush. Kendricks on Miller also leaves me underwhelmed. AD needs to have a big game.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Joseph inactive. Double crud.

#Vikings inactives: NT Joseph, QB Heinicke, LB Barr, S Smith, C Easton, OL Sirles and WR Johnson
O. M. G. What is wrong with our defense?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote: O. M. G. What is wrong with our defense?

They broken.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote: O. M. G. What is wrong with our defense?

Resting them all up for the week 17 showdown for the North in Greenbay.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Looks like my flight that boards in 15 minutes will have wifi. I'll be able to follow along here! I'm going to try to watch through my Sunday Ticket, but have low hopes of actually having fast enough speeds to stream. Thanks in advance to everyone who will be posting during the game for me to follow! :govikes: :smilevike: :v):