Vikings @ Cardinals Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 14

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Vikings at Cardinals Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 14

Post by DK Sweets »

Newman starts at safety alongside Harris. Waynes starts at corner.

Here's to hoping for the best.

SKOL!
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Vikings @ Cardinals Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 14

Post by yezzir »

Good Evening and Skol!!!

:govikes: :smilevike: :v):

________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.sbnation.com

The Minnesota Vikings will look to rebound from a 38-7 loss at home to the Seahawks in Week 13 when they travel to Phoenix to face the 10-2 Arizona Cardinals on Thursday Night Football in Week 14. The 8-4 Vikings have dropped two of their last three games, and they're in a tight race with the 8-4 Green Bay Packers for the NFC North.

The 10-2 Cardinals are on top of the NFC West, and they'll look to preserve or extend their current three-game lead over the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday. The Cardinals are coming off a dominant Week 14 win over the struggling St. Louis Rams despite missing Andre Ellington due to injury, as well as Chris Johnson, who was placed on injured reserve with a designation to return last week.

Minnesota is dealing with injuries to several key defensive players, and coming off a short week makes it less likely Anthony Barr, Harrison Smith and Robert Blanton will be at full strength against the Cardinals. Arizona's run defense, ranked fourth in the NFL for yards allowed per game, will have to contend with a well-rested Adrian Peterson. Peterson carried the ball just eight times for a total of 18 yards against the Seahawks and wasn't very happy about his lack of touches.

The Cardinals may have to again look to rookie David Johnson at running back if the short week does not allow Ellington to get fully healthy. Arizona may also be missing cornerback Jerraud Powers, who left Sunday's game with a knee injury. Carson Palmer and the Cardinals' offense, currently first in the league with an average of 419.5 offensive yards per game, have an opportunity against a Vikings team that allowed 433 yards of total offense to the Seahawks.

This could be ugly, but we all know to expect the unexpected in the NFL.

Prediction: Vikings 24, Cardinals 21
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings at Cardinals Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Would it be too much of me to ask for a Cordarrelle Patterson sighting on offense (that isn't a run play)?

Let's see what Waynes has in him. I have been a huge critic of him. Who knows? Maybe he balls out tonight? Couldn't have picked a better game to get his first start to be honest. I don't think anyone is expecting big things from this defense tonight.

Not expecting the best tonight, but, you never know what can happen.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Not to start off negative, but honestly, I'm bummed about all the defensive injuries. If ever the Vikings needed a healthy defense, it's tonight.
vatusay
Starter

Post by vatusay »

have to get after palmer, at least he isnt mobile. dont let the deep routes develop.

hopefully norv makes some changes.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote:Not to start off negative, but honestly, I'm bummed about all the defensive injuries. If ever the Vikings needed a healthy defense, it's tonight.
Amen to that. I've been waiting for this game all day with a mixture of dread and anticipation. I'd have doubts about their chances even if they were 100% heathy. Now they're facing a really tough task.

On the other hand, if the Vikes pull off an upset win tonight, it will be all the more glorious because of what they have to overcome!

I just hope we get to see a good game and not another craptastic suckfest. :)

GO VIKES!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Vikings @ Cardinals Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 14

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I really have a bad feeling about this game... but if they lose, at least that is what I was expecting... although a close loss would suck more than a blowout...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

DK Sweets wrote:Newman starts at safety alongside Harris. Waynes starts at corner.

Here's to hoping for the best.

SKOL!
What other safeties are playing?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I'm pumped for the game and dreaming at the moment so...

Wouldn't it be great to see the Vikes offense just go off tonight and explode for about 40 points in a win? It would be SO nice to see things come together like that for once, especially in primetime.

Let's make this the equivalent of the '98 "statement" game at Lambeau!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

One thing interesting is the reporter for WCCO said he has never seen so much purple at a visiting stadium. I know a lot of people there tonight.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:One thing interesting is the reporter for WCCO said he has never seen so much purple at a visiting stadium. I know a lot of people there tonight.
Hopefully, that will help the Vikes!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Very excited to see Harris start tonight. Also Trae Waynes is getting his first start as well which is also exciting to see. This isn't really the team you want to have your first start against but it could show what we have in them
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Anyone else hearing Spanish?
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I hope the game is still within reach after halftime
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Anyone else hearing Spanish?
I am
well i was