Packers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Packers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

Post by Texas Vike »

Very excited for today's game, mostly because I haven't seen the team play since that awful season opener in SF because nothing has been televised here in TX and my usual (admittedly suspect) methods for seeing games have been ineffective this season :wallbang:

Mom's flying in today, so the MINNY crew will represent here in North TX. Salmon on the grill, some IPA in my Surly pint glass... looking forward to what I suspect will be a very entertaining game.

RE: Avatars. Jim, you are one of those posters that I completely depend on the consistency of your picture to know it's you... I'd be confused as heck if you changed to a funk album cover or anything else really. I guess I could read the username... but, still, your avatar seems like a good fit to me.

SKOL VIKES :beerock:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:Very excited for today's game, mostly because I haven't seen the team play since that awful season opener in SF because nothing has been televised here in TX and my usual (admittedly suspect) methods for seeing games have been ineffective this season :wallbang:

Mom's flying in today, so the MINNY crew will represent here in North TX. Salmon on the grill, some IPA in my Surly pint glass... looking forward to what I suspect will be a very entertaining game.

RE: Avatars. Jim, you are one of those posters that I completely depend on the consistency of your picture to know it's you... I'd be confused as heck if you changed to a funk album cover or anything else really. I guess I could read the username... but, still, your avatar seems like a good fit to me.
I think it's a good fit too and honestly, changing it at this point just wouldn't feel comfortable.

The salmon on the grill sounds good but I'm not a fan of IPAs (too hoppy for me). I'll be drinking a milk stout. :)

I'm glad you'll get to see the game! I hope it's a LOT more satisfying than the season opener.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Folks, don't forget there will be an interview with Mike Zimmer on ESPN's pre-game show this morning. They just teased it going into their last commercial break.
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Skoltastic_Voyage »

Mothman wrote: ... but I'm not a fan of IPAs (too hoppy for me).
I'm in a different situation with IPA's I love the taste but they're so acidic talk about heartburn.
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Tailgating today!!!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Skoltastic_Voyage wrote: I'm in a different situation with IPA's I love the taste but they're so acidic talk about heartburn.
I like IPAs, Stouts, or just a good old fashioned LoneStar. Don't ever hand me a light beer... Got some steaks in the fridge and the weather's warming up enough to grill!

Hoooray!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

frosted wrote:Tailgating today!!!

At the game? . Have a blast.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote: I like IPAs, Stouts, or just a good old fashioned LoneStar. Don't ever hand me a light beer... Got some steaks in the fridge and the weather's warming up enough to grill!!
Where do you live?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote:
Where do you live?
San Antonio.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Did anybody catch the ESPN piece on Zimmer? It was good. It left me even more pumped for the game. It's pretty easy to see why players enjoy playing for the guy.

He said Parcells texts him after every game. His text after the Raiders game was something like, "First place is a dangerous place for a young team".
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote:Did anybody catch the ESPN piece on Zimmer? It was good. It left me even more pumped for the game. It's pretty easy to see why players enjoy playing for the guy.

He said Parcells texts him after every game. His text after the Raiders game was something like, "First place is a dangerous place for a young team".
I did. I love Zimmer. I was so afraid when they fired Leslie they were going to bring in some young OC. So glad they didn't go that route.

I would bet Zim will be at the top of the wishlist for Hard Knocks next year.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

fiestavike wrote: I did. I love Zimmer. I was so afraid when they fired Leslie they were going to bring in some young OC. So glad they didn't go that route.

And the top of my wish list for a contract extension.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote: San Antonio.
Ah, for some reason I keep thinking you live up north. I thought you were going to go out and grill in the snow (not that there's anything wrong with that).
fiestavike wrote:I did. I love Zimmer. I was so afraid when they fired Leslie they were going to bring in some young OC. So glad they didn't go that route.

I'll bet you're right. I wonder if he and the Vikes would want to do it. It would certainly be fun for us to watch!
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

I still can't wrap my mind around the idea that outdoors in COLD weather should actually FAVOR the Vikings!!!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm a bit late to the discussion, but I saw that Zimmer piece as well. Loved it...it cemented my feeling that this team isn't going to be complacent and let Green Bay sneak in and steal a game.