Week 11 Predictions: Vikings vs Packers

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Week 11 Predictions: Vikings vs Packers

Post by Purple bruise »

With all of their cards on the table, the Vikes need to win this game at home. A win here and I think that they may be favorites to win the North (and justifiably so).
What more could this team hope for? Their most hated rivals coming into town after losing 3 games in a row and spiraling down the toilet. Here is their big chance to flush that toilet and start their own little dynasty :rock:
Not many imagined this scenario would be playing out after their ninth game but here it is. This is not the disappointing same old Vikings that fans have long suffered with. These are a very young, well coached squad with a solid mixture of defense and and a promising offense that includes a dynamic group of players including Diggs, TB, AD and yes even Kalil.
I had not expected anymore than a wildcard birth (which I predicted) and expected them to take a final leap next year, with another great draft, crucial trades and their new new stadium. They are truthfully "blowing" me away.
Much of the credit goes to Zim, no doubt, but it can't be understated what a great job Ricky has done building this team.
To me anyway, anything more than a wildcard birth is pure gravey. :smilevike:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

fiestavike wrote: Wow, I can't even imagine anybody liking Rodgers. Such a schmuck!
I don't pay much attention to the media so I don't know how he comes across during TV interviews but I did listen to a radio interview with Dan Patrick several years ago and he was very likable. Well grounded, plays in a band I believe. Plus his gf is good looking. Can't stand him when he's on the field.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Purple bruise wrote:With all of their cards on the table, the Vikes need to win this game at home. A win here and I think that they may be favorites to win the North (and justifiably so).
What more could this team hope for? Their most hated rivals coming into town after losing 3 games in a row and spiraling down the toilet. Here is their big chance to flush that toilet and start their own little dynasty :rock:
Not many imagined this scenario would be playing out after their ninth game but here it is. This is not the disappointing same old Vikings that fans have long suffered with. These are a very young, well coached squad with a solid mixture of defense and and a promising offense that includes a dynamic group of players including Diggs, TB, AD and yes even Kalil.
I had not expected anymore than a wildcard birth (which I predicted) and expected them to take a final leap next year, with another great draft, crucial trades and their new new stadium. They are truthfully "blowing" me away.
Much of the credit goes to Zim, no doubt, but it can't be understated what a great job Ricky has done building this team.
To me anyway, anything more than a wildcard birth is pure gravey. :smilevike:
We have taken a ride in the ole porcelain throne at some point in every one of the last 3 seasons not including this one, so hopefully for you guys you can give us the little extra flush that can keep us from clinging to the side again. :wink:
Last edited by Jordysghost on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: Wow, I can't even imagine anybody liking Rodgers. Such a schmuck!
I personally witnessed the way he handled the despicable treatment of him by both the fans and the media during the whole Favre fiasco, and that has always really stuck out to me.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

808vikingsfan wrote: I don't pay much attention to the media so I don't know how he comes across during TV interviews but I did listen to a radio interview with Dan Patrick several years ago and he was very likable. Well grounded, plays in a band I believe. Plus his gf is good looking. Can't stand him when he's on the field.
:point: :rofl: :lol:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: I personally witnessed the way he handled the despicable treatment of him by both the fans and the media during the whole Favre fiasco, and that has always really stuck out to me.
Fair enough.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikeMike
All Pro Elite Player

Post by VikeMike »

A wounded, desperate (but talented) divisional opponent coming off a bad upset. Yeah, this has the makings of a very tough game.
How many times in my 52 years have I seen a spiraling team right itself against the Vikings? Too many friggin times.

Not this time ... (I hope).
"Meet at the quarterback"
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

i think it is going to be a wake up call and we will lose big. this week we will see what a real qb can do. bridgewaters usual 150 yds and 1 td won't cut it against rodgers. the only thing i could think of all day yesterday is how strong would this team look with carr? he has over double teddy's td numbers and he doesn't have peterson to bail him out every other week.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Jordysghost wrote: Our Defense was number 1 in the league heading into the Denver game, not quite a disaster. Our Rushing offense was top 5 for the vast majority of the season as well.
Where's it at now?
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Number 1 in the league without playing a single team with a winning record.

Both of these teams have BIG TIME flaws right now like 3 straight games without a sack and 3 straight sub-100 yards rushing for the Packers being pretty glaring ones. The Vikings have problems closing out halfs, Teddy struggles, dropped TD passes, limited deep threat with Wallace being nonexistent and Teddy having problems with that, no big physical WR to be an end zone threat, big time red zone problems and a lot of negative and short yardage rushing. The famine side of Feast and Famine,

Both have had some mind boggling offensive play calling, too. Fans of both teams will tell you that.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Hunter Morrow wrote:Number 1 in the league without playing a single team with a winning record.

Both of these teams have BIG TIME flaws right now like 3 straight games without a sack and 3 straight sub-100 yards rushing for the Packers being pretty glaring ones. The Vikings have problems closing out halfs, Teddy struggles, dropped TD passes, limited deep threat with Wallace being nonexistent and Teddy having problems with that, no big physical WR to be an end zone threat, big time red zone problems and a lot of negative and short yardage rushing. The famine side of Feast and Famine,

Both have had some mind boggling offensive play calling, too. Fans of both teams will tell you that.
Blah blah blah, you play whos on your schedule, there stats would likely be better if you didn't play them as well.

Packers have more problems then that, I assure you, I just think they can reverse the trend and fix said problems, that said, I dont see how a 7-2 football team like the Vikings can be considered as having BIG TIME flaws, at all. Every team in the league has flaws.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Jordysghost wrote: Idk but if you want to throw out the first 6 games in favor of the last 3 then Rodgers must be a steaming pile of ####.
What exactly is a steaming pile of hashtags? :confused:

:P
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

frosted wrote: Where's it at now?
Green Bay defense heading into week 11:

Total YPG: 23th
PPG: 11th
3rd down conversions allowed: 17th
Rushing yards/game: 25th
Receiving yards/game: 20th
Average yards/pass: 30th
Receiving TDs allowed: 9th
Interceptions: 32nd (3)
Forced fumbles: T-6th
Sacks: 13th
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

What exactly is a steaming pile of hashtags? :confused:
LMAO, post of the month
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

frosted wrote: Where's it at now?
WAS is the operative word :point: :slice:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.