Six week storm...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Six week storm...

Post by jackal »

We have six weeks of quality teams coming up

Rams

at Oakland

Packers

At Falcons

Seattle

At Arizona Thursday Night Game

This really is our season folks, the packers could likely lose next week in Carolina.

This could be the difference between divisional win and no playoffs for the Vikings. (if season ended today we would
be the second Wild Card team.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Six week storm...

Post by chicagopurple »

Yup.....but you need a stretch like this to show management some reality. Either we are as good as our current record and end up with a wild card or better, or we crash and burn and they get the message that we need some upgrades......These are good teams and beating them will really mean something. Unlike the measily Bears and Lions.......I wish we still had Tampa in our division. Its too small without them.
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

Honestly, Seattle has been struggling bad, Raiders should be a good game but I think we are the better team same with the Rams. Im praying we split games with the fudge Packers.
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Honestly, Seattle has been struggling bad, Raiders should be a good game but I think we are the better team same with the Rams. Im praying we split games with the fudge Packers.
The Packers are beatable, as proven last week. IMO we are a very good team. We did better than GB did against Denver did last night. I think our OL has played a little better and hopefully by
playoffs we will firing white hot...Rams are next focus though..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

the weird thing about being a Vikings fan this year is that I feel like we have a shot at winning every game.
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

To be the best, you have to beat the best, and this will be an awesome test for the team. They have a lof of work to do to get things right, and hopefully they will do that.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

84BreaksAnkles wrote:the weird thing about being a Vikings fan this year is that I feel like we have a shot at winning every game.
Yes, but it's very Vikings fan like to feel like they could just as easily lose every game. They are a pretty good team, but their margin for error is small, especially over the next month and a half.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

SP1966 wrote:Yes, but it's very Vikings fan like to feel like they could just as easily lose every game.
That depends on how old you are.

Many of us who were fans of the Purple People Eaters of the late 60s and through the 70s expect to win, even dominate. It's all we did for a decade and a half. The recent ineptitude feels foreign to me. I never want to get used to it.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: That depends on how old you are.

Many of us who were fans of the Purple People Eaters of the late 60s and through the 70s expect to win, even dominate. It's all we did for a decade and a half. The recent ineptitude feels foreign to me. I never want to get used to it.
What he said.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I just linked to this article in the "general comments" thread but i wanted to quote it here as well:

http://www.startribune.com/winning-is-o ... 339664011/
Here’s a chip for the coach’s shoulder this week, if he is still looking for one: The Vikings have yet to beat a team with a winning record this season. Their five victories, including two against the one-win Lions, have come against teams with a combined record of 8-23.

This Sunday, when the 4-3 St. Louis Rams visit TCF Bank Stadium, the Vikings can beat a team with a winning record for the first time since early last season against the Atlanta Falcons, who ended up going 6-10. The Rams have one of the NFL’s most ferocious pass rushes and a powerful rookie running back, Todd Gurley, who is drawing comparisons to Adrian Peterson.

Starting with the Rams, five of their next six games are against teams with winning records. And the other, the 4-4 Seattle Seahawks, should have one by the time they travel to Minnesota in early December.

Those six teams have a combined record of 30-15.
I'm really looking forward to this stretch of the schedule because we're going to find out if the Vikes have a team that's just capable of winning against the NFL's weaker competition or if they're ready to beat some winning teams. They're in the playoff hunt now. We're about to find out if they deserve to stay there.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: The Packers are beatable, as proven last week. IMO we are a very good team. We did better than GB did against Denver did last night. I think our OL has played a little better and hopefully by
playoffs we will firing white hot...Rams are next focus though..
Was it even a question that GB was beatable? Did anyone actually think they were going to go 16-0?
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

OP is spot on, this is where we find out if we are contenders or pretenders. St. Louis game will be an excellent litmus test to kick it off.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Jordysghost wrote: Was it even a question that GB was beatable? Did anyone actually think they were going to go 16-0?
A lot of Packer fans thought it was possible. Of course they also think the Vikings can't catch the Packers.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Possible, maybe, extremely unlikely? Yes. The 07 Patriots went 16-0 and everyone thought they couldn't be beaten, and then David Tyree caught this ball on his helmet.. I don't think many Packers fans actually believed we would go 16-0, especially not after looking at our injury report.

I don't anyone thinks the Vikings 'cant' catch the Packers, but thinking they have the capability, and thinking they will, are two entirely different matters.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Rams game could be very important if the Rams stay in the playoff race, they are 1 game back right now and could get a leg up on having the 5th or 6th seed in a tiebraker.