Week 16 Vikings @ Packers Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Week 16 Vikings @ Packers Discussion

Post by dead_poet »

Rodgers on IR.

Adams may not play (concussion).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Re: Week 16 Vikings @ Packers Discussion

Post by S197 »

Bummer, I was looking forward to Erin getting sacked on that frozen field.

Can't look past this game though, they played the Steelers very tough with Hundley at the helm.
NCViking
Backup

Post by NCViking »

Hahaha, I'm from Charlotte and all the Panthers fans are livid that he came back to play against them, but now that they are out, the Packers are throwing in the towel. It wrecks the Panthers' hopes at the #2 seed since they need us to lose one more game.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

My only concern is the weather. Case has not played in extreme cold has he? How will that affect this team?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

NCViking wrote:Hahaha, I'm from Charlotte and all the Panthers fans are livid that he came back to play against them, but now that they are out, the Packers are throwing in the towel. It wrecks the Panthers' hopes at the #2 seed since they need us to lose one more game.
Panthers fans had better worry about the Bucs and Falcons instead of moaning about the Vikings.

And besides, we'd have beaten Erin Rodgers like a rented mule anyway.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

720pete wrote:My only concern is the weather. Case has not played in extreme cold has he? How will that affect this team?
Mr. Research at your service.

Checking Keenum's career gamelogs against Weather Underground's data on the dates played, Keenum has appeared in only two NFL games where the temperature was 40 degrees or colder.

12-27-15 at Seattle. Temperature 40. Rams beat Seattle, 23-17. Keenum was 14-of-23 for 103 and 1 TD, no picks. Passer rating of 86.0.
12-15-16 at Seattle. Temperature 35. Rams lost to Seattle, 24-3. Keenum played in mop-up duty, going 5-of-9 for 32 yards. Passer rating of 63.2.

That being said, he's a competitive sucker. I think he's going to love the cold.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
JacobC
Waterboy

Post by JacobC »

This is a must win game. I would love for us to be the number one seed in the NFC! We are just about unbeatable at home! Rather play inside too where it’s warm! Let us see how we play in the cold weather Saturday night.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mr. Research at your service.

Checking Keenum's career gamelogs against Weather Underground's data on the dates played, Keenum has appeared in only two NFL games where the temperature was 40 degrees or colder.

12-27-15 at Seattle. Temperature 40. Rams beat Seattle, 23-17. Keenum was 14-of-23 for 103 and 1 TD, no picks. Passer rating of 86.0.
12-15-16 at Seattle. Temperature 35. Rams lost to Seattle, 24-3. Keenum played in mop-up duty, going 5-of-9 for 32 yards. Passer rating of 63.2.

That being said, he's a competitive sucker. I think he's going to love the cold.
I just don't think we can judge what Case might do based on any past performance. He's just not that guy anymore - at least in this offense or whatever your theory as to why may be. What does Case look like in the cold? Pfft - who knows? Many of us are just now coming to terms with what he looks like in normal game situations.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Cliff wrote: I just don't think we can judge what Case might do based on any past performance. He's just not that guy anymore - at least in this offense or whatever your theory as to why may be. What does Case look like in the cold? Pfft - who knows? Many of us are just now coming to terms with what he looks like in normal game situations.
Totally agree.

I just like to nerd out. I mean, you have to be impressed at THAT research.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Yeah based on his Rams Jeff Fisher era time
he was paid two million which a bottom feeder
wage, even for a bench warmer back up vet.

The guy has played as well QBs getting ten times
his wage, shoot better than most QBs getting
twenty million a year.

We should at worst franchise him ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Field temp forecast for Saturday, - 1 degrees, winds 10-15mph
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I don't think the weather is a factor for this Vikings team. Most were around two seasons ago having to play at TCF. That wind isn't so bad, but it's something. Vikings should win handedly, even if the score doesn't show it -- similar to the ATL game.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

808vikingsfan wrote:Field temp forecast for Saturday, - 1 degrees, winds 10-15mph
Thats going to be so cold, with the wind. Even 10-15 mph will seem much worse. I hate Lamdo in the winter, even with Hudley playing, this game may be close.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Where do you get the single digit temps? My weather sites all show temps around 20 at game time. I don't think we'll be hurt by that, especially since most of these guys played in colder temps at the U of M field.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

John_Viveiros wrote:Where do you get the single digit temps? My weather sites all show temps around 20 at game time. I don't think we'll be hurt by that, especially since most of these guys played in colder temps at the U of M field.
It's a field temp I believe. Got it from this tweet
https://twitter.com/JReidDraftScout/sta ... 8876345344
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014