Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 2

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 2

Post by soflavike »

akvikingsfan wrote:I thought he was in as well, however, he was headed out so it was a bad play by Barr. When a QB is clearly headed out of bounds you can't hit him. At the same time, the refs should have called the hit on Teddy late as well.
Is that really a rule? How do you define "clearly headed out of bounds"? He is simply a runner at that point, isn't he?

The late hit on Teddy was much further out of bounds and went after his legs. Far worse than the shove on Stafford that was about on the out of bounds line.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Stafford was pulling up, it was really clear he was walking out of bounds and got shoved. QB are going to be afforded more protection, even as a runner, and Barr has to know that. Zimmer evidently agreed as he was benched immediately.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

soflavike wrote: Is that really a rule? How do you define "clearly headed out of bounds"? He is simply a runner at that point, isn't he?

The late hit on Teddy was much further out of bounds and went after his legs. Far worse than the shove on Stafford that was about on the out of bounds line.
I don't know the exact rule language but I believe it applies to all players that are clearly headed out of bounds. They are said to have "surrendered" themselves. I'm not sure how they define clearly headed out of bounds though. Typically, I only see if called for QBs though.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote: Hyde got injured and they took him to the locker room. So Kapernick doesn't have him.

Giants threw another game away.
Maybe I looked at the wrong thing... Still... Jim is old.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I have been reading a lot of lions forums for entertainment and soooooooo many kitty fans are blaming their loss on the refs.
I think crappy calls were called against both teams. I am just super glad our team looks 100000x better than last week. AP needs to hold onto the ball though.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Norv Zimmer wrote:I have been reading a lot of lions forums for entertainment and soooooooo many kitty fans are blaming their loss on the refs.
I think crappy calls were called against both teams. I am just super glad our team looks 100000x better than last week. AP needs to hold onto the ball though.
The REFS???! OMG, they need to drink less or something.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Proud to see Kalil "right his ship" he has turned in back to back good games :rock:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Purple bruise wrote:Proud to see Kalil "right his ship" he has turned in back to back good games :rock:
Along with Munnerlyn and Robison. Joseph was a beast today. I noticed Kendricks was out there a ton. Looks like he's slowly taking over that MLB position if he hasn't already. He's such a good blitzer and good sideline to sideline.

I thought our offensive line was pretty good today. Never understood why people were worried about DETs defensive line. They have nothing outside of Ansah when it comes to pass rushers. Ngata is simply a run stuffer and didn't do much of anything today
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

S197 wrote:Stafford was pulling up, it was really clear he was walking out of bounds and got shoved. QB are going to be afforded more protection, even as a runner, and Barr has to know that. Zimmer evidently agreed as he was benched immediately.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I agree it was not necessary to shove him, and the fact he got penalized is enough for Zimmer to put Barr in the dog house. But, I'm still not sure it was technically a penalty.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Purple bruise wrote:Proud to see Kalil "right his ship" he has turned in back to back good games :rock:
I agree.

Robison and Joseph were very good too. If Robison doesn't block that one pass ion the beginning of the game, Detroit gets a TD. There was no one in front of the WR.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I thought the cpt had a great game. Rhodes not so much, he was assigned one of the hardest recievers to cover, bit he had a lot of penalties.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Nice to see you posts again. I agree, Kalil has played solid. Pass protection and run game. He has a mean streak in him, which I love. If he comes back at full str., thats a big plus to the Vikings that a lot didnt see coming. Cause he can be a beast, and after his first year, we know he has the mechanics. I am worried about his penalties. The un-sportsmen like was when we were in scoring area, and 5 seconds after the ball was blown dead, he is still hitting the guy he was blocking. Also a holding in the red zone? Ugh, those were rough, and both mental. I expect a lot of more plays around Kalil though, and thats a HUGE plaus.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Nice to see you posts again. I agree, Kalil has played solid. Pass protection and run game. He has a mean streak in him, which I love. If he comes back at full str., thats a big plus to the Vikings that a lot didnt see coming. Cause he can be a beast, and after his first year, we know he has the mechanics. I am worried about his penalties. The un-sportsmen like was when we were in scoring area, and 5 seconds after the ball was blown dead, he is still hitting the guy he was blocking. Also a holding in the red zone? Ugh, those were rough, and both mental. I expect a lot of more plays around Kalil though, and thats a HUGE plaus.
Yes I've said this all preseason as well. Kalil has looked much better. Maybe those injuries really got to him. I just hope he realizes that if he's hurting that bad, he is better off sitting out

3 other guys that turned it around were Munnerlyn, Robison and Joseph (even though I've always been high on Joseph)
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri