Sounds of the game: Week 2

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Sounds of the game: Week 2

Post by dead_poet »

This is too good not to post.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 3dfc9697ea

Observations:

1) I love the end zone camera angle.
2) After some of those touchdown celebrations you really see how big Kalil is. I don't know, that just shocked me.
3) I love that the Lions tried to single-up Joseph. It's about time we have an anchor in the middle that can dominate one-on-one and requires more attention (helps to free linebackers)
4) The play call at the goal line where Teddy strolled in was an excellent call by Turner. No Lions anywhere near him and he sold it beautifully.
5) That really was a weak effort by Peterson on that pass block. I have to believe it was late recognition as I can't imagine him not being more physical than that
6) Smith with a very nice, clean punch of the ball for the fumble. I like that the coaches want them to work on dislodging the ball if the ball-carrier is already wrapped up (Smith mentioned this in his post-game presser)
7) Heads-up play by Trattou but I remember live and now watching it again I'm mad he allowed Stafford to tackle him. If he would've beat Stafford that was a touchdown.
8 ) Trattou looks like a swashbuckler
9) Nice post-game speech by Zimmer
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Sounds of the game: Week 2

Post by DK Sweets »

Thanks for posting. I like seeing the plays from a different perspective sometimes.
losperros
Commissioner

Re: Sounds of the game: Week 2

Post by losperros »

Thanks for this, DP. It's a great watch.

Agree with all your points, especially about Kalil's size. The guy is a monster. How did I miss that before?