4/27 media access nuggets

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

4/27 media access nuggets

Post by dead_poet »

@christomasson Teddy Bridgewater: "I appreciate people saying I had a good rookie season but I know that if I play at that same level we’ll be 7-9 again."
‏@Andrew_Krammer New #Vikings CB Terence Newman, 36, had high praise for Xavier Rhodes a week into workouts: 'He'll be one of the best'
‏@christomasson Teddy Bridgewater at Adrian Peterson's 30th birthday party last month: "I actually didn’t ride a camel, but we had a pretty good time.’’
@christomasson Teddy Bridgewater: “I feel bigger and stronger. Hopefully, I can look it also.’’
@christomasson While Teddy Bridgewater said he's getting bigger and stronger, he wouldn't say how much he weighs now, saying a work in progress.
@christomasson Teddy Bridgewater: Like Coach Zimmer and Rick (Spielman) said, we expect Adrian to be here. The guys in the locker room we all love Adrian."
@christomasson Cordarrelle Patterson worked out in San Francisco during off season. Won't reveal secret mentor he might have worked with
@christomasson Cordarrelle Patterson: “This year is going to make me or break me and I hope I step up and have a good role in this offense.’’
@mattvensel Cordarrelle Patterson on his offseason: "I don’t really want to get into those details. I just want to let my game speak for itself."
@MasterStrib "I just don't see myself as a nickel back. That's just me. I see myself as an every-down corner." - Captain Munnerlyn #Vikings. Captain Munnerlyn started workouts earlier than normal to gain his speed back. Said last yr was different after getting paid. #Vikings
@mattvensel Captain Munnerlyn wants to start obviously but... "if I’m just going to be the nickel back, I’m going to be the best nickel I can be.”
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: 4/27 media access nuggets

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:
Hmmmmmm.... If Cordarrelle worked out in San Francisco over the offseason... I wonder if his surprise mentor was Jerry Rice. Or maybe Anquan Boldin? Maybe Terrel Owens because of the Stewart connection. Honestly, I have no clue, but I wonder who it was?
Last edited by HardcoreVikesFan on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

The most interesting tidbit there for me is Munerlyn basically admitting he didn't give it his all after he got paid. Not sure how to feel about that, on one hand it's good news that he's putting in the work now, on the other it's like cmon man!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

mondry wrote:The most interesting tidbit there for me is Munerlyn basically admitting he didn't give it his all after he got paid. Not sure how to feel about that, on one hand it's good news that he's putting in the work now, on the other it's like cmon man!
Here's the blog post on Cap'n: http://blog.startribune.com/sports/acce ... alue-again
He said he’s dropped 10-12 pounds and regained his speed. He revamped his diet, calling it the “LeBron James Diet” where he cut out red meat another other food items he enjoyed eating.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@Andrew_Krammer Via Mike Zimmer, Harrison Smith has chatted w/ Darren Woodson and hopes to pick his brain more this summer.
@Andrew_Krammer Cordarrelle Patterson called it a 'make or break' year; showed up to facilities a week earlier to get head start on his own
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I appreciate Captain's honesty. On the real, we've all been there before. You worked for something, you felt like you got it, and you had to take a step back before realizing you weren't all the way to where you wanted to be. The fact that he's owning it and working hard says more to me than the fact that he didn't live up to his potential last year.

I'm glad to hear about how hard CP is working this year, too.

And hell, I love Teddy's attitude.

May the season of eternal optimism begin!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

My favorite so far
@christomasson Teddy Bridgewater: "I appreciate people saying I had a good rookie season but I know that if I play at that same level we’ll be 7-9 again."
Thanks DP. Keep em coming!
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

I rewatched the Miami game a couple days ago. I saw about four passes in that game from Teddy that were better than any pass thrown by any other Viking QB in the last decade. The TD throw to Jennings over one of the top CB's in the league, Grimes, might have been the best ever for a Viking (although it has to compete with Favre's throw to Greg Lewis in 2009). I watched an analysis of when he let the pass go, and it was about the time Jennings was making the fake cut to the post - and he caught it as a corner route at the pylon. The guy is way too humble - but I love it.
Ooki
Practice Squad

Post by Ooki »

John_Viveiros wrote: The guy is way too humble - but I love it.
Word. I actually need to remind myself that he is not the second coming of Christ sometimes.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Um... the Teddy Bridgewater hyperbole might be getting a little over the top...

I like his attitude and I liked his humble comment about his performance last year. I don't think he's wrong either. If the Vikes are going to be better than 7-9, Bridgewater himself has to be better. It's not all on him and he had a promising rookie season but he needs to follow that up with a better sophomore season.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mothman wrote:Um... the Teddy Bridgewater hyperbole might be getting a little over the top...

I like his attitude and I liked his humble comment about his performance last year. I don't think he's wrong either. If the Vikes are going to be better than 7-9, Bridgewater himself has to be better. It's not all on him and he had a promising rookie season but he needs to follow that up with a better sophomore season.
I picture Bridgewater as basically being Buddha with a helmet on.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff wrote: I picture Bridgewater as basically being Buddha with a helmet on.
Buddha has skinny knees? :mrgreen:
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Can you tell it is the offseason?
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote: I picture Bridgewater as basically being Buddha with a helmet on.
:lol: I like that analogy, Cliff.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote: Buddha has skinny knees? :mrgreen:
I'm not sure, but it doesn't matter. I heard during the off season he learned to float above the ground with his legs crossed Indian style so I'm assuming he'll have very few leg problems anyway.