Darren Sharper Sentenced to 20 Years

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Darren Sharper Sentenced to 20 Years

Post by Cliff »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ex-assault
PHOENIX -- Former NFL All-Pro safety Darren Sharper was sentenced to nine years in federal prison Monday immediately after he pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a woman in Arizona, marking the first change of plea of the day for the former safety accused of drugging and assaulting women in four states.

Sharper on Monday admitted to charges of sexual assault and attempted sexual assault arising from the 2013 Arizona case. It is very unusual to sentence defendants immediately after a guilty plea, which normally takes weeks or months.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Darren Sharper Sentenced to 9 Years

Post by vikeinmontana »

gonna be interesting to see what he gets everywhere else too. he's facing identical charges in los angeles, new Orleans and vegas I believe. :shock:

not real impressed with the guy. likely spend the rest of his life in prison. :confused:
i'm ready for a beer.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

vikeinmontana wrote:gonna be interesting to see what he gets everywhere else too. he's facing identical charges in los angeles, new Orleans and vegas I believe. :shock:

not real impressed with the guy. likely spend the rest of his life in prison. :confused:
That seems like an understatement. :)

The whole story is really creepy and very surprising, since Sharper had a very good reputation prior to news of his criminal activity.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Mothman wrote: That seems like an understatement. :)

The whole story is really creepy and very surprising, since Sharper had a very good reputation prior to news of his criminal activity.
Kind of the football version of Bill Cosby...

I hope they both get what they deserve - starting with an introduction to "Ben Dover"...
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

I'm just glad he got caught. Also happy that he couldnt buy his way out of it like how Roethlisberger and Hardy did
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

I don't think Sharper is the only Jekyll/Hyde character running around in our society. At this point, it's no longer shocking to me when a seemingly normal person turns out to be a monster.
Loki
Veteran

Post by Loki »

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that he only got 9 years. WTF. I know other states will take care of the rest of his life but still....
ON TO VALHALLA
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Ex-NFL S Darren Sharper has agreed to 20 years in prison as part of a plea deal on rape charges in New Orleans.

There was outrage after Sharper got off with only nine years in Arizona, but it appears Louisiana will hand down the stiffest sentence of the four states where Sharper has pleaded guilty to drugging and raping women. He'll serve his various sentences concurrently instead of consecutively as part of a "global" plea deal, meaning he could be roaming the streets again in 20 years. Sharper faced up to life in prison just for his charges in Los Angeles, so he's getting off light.

Source: The New Orleans Advocate
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Sadly with "Good Time" and Parole he could be out in somewhere between 6-17 years. My best guess is that he made sure he has a good lawyer for the long haul. He'll donate to the right charities, probably really find Jesus, and maybe even write a memoir about his "180". I would be amazed if he is in jail for more than 8 years...

Ahhhh Justice.

:wallbang:
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Re: Darren Sharper Sentenced to 20 Years

Post by NextQuestion »

20 years isn't enough for this sicko.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I'm hoping he gets a cell mate with the same respect for others, as himself....
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Sharper; Definition of a Dumbass
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

SMH. And to think I used to wear my Darren Sharper jersey all the time as freshman in high school in the first year the team switched to new jerseys.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.