Adrian Peterson Reinstated

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Adrian Peterson (not) Reinstated

Post by DK Sweets »

Reverschel...nice!
VikingFan50
Starter

Post by VikingFan50 »

I'm hoping in all sincerity, that Peterson comes back to us. Yes there's potential for him to go to another team, but I just have this gut feeling that he'll stick with us. I want to see the Bridgewater/Peterson tandem, see them give Defenses nightmares when they play us. You either try to stop Peterson running the ball (even then that's still hard to do), or you let Bridgewater burn you by throwing down field.

I know I'm hopeful and this all sounds like a nice little day dream, but I think it's entirely possible! Anyone else with me?
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it.
John F. Kennedy
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

why in the world would it make any difference what team he gets traded to? if he's gone, he's gone it is only a matter of what we get in return. if he truly doesn't want to be here then show him the door.
Ooki
Practice Squad

Post by Ooki »

VikingFan50 wrote:I'm hoping in all sincerity, that Peterson comes back to us. Yes there's potential for him to go to another team, but I just have this gut feeling that he'll stick with us. I want to see the Bridgewater/Peterson tandem, see them give Defenses nightmares when they play us. You either try to stop Peterson running the ball (even then that's still hard to do), or you let Bridgewater burn you by throwing down field.

I know I'm hopeful and this all sounds like a nice little day dream, but I think it's entirely possible! Anyone else with me?
I hear your brother! And I wholeheartedly agree, I wanna see TB+AD make NFC North shake with fear!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Ooki wrote: I hear your brother! And I wholeheartedly agree, I wanna see TB+AD make NFC North shake with fear!
100%!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Breeze wrote:Goessling's latest blog story is on the AD situation. Probably the most level headed media perspective I've read in the past 72hrs....maybe longer.
I just read it and I agree with you: it's the best take on the situation I've read recently:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... ven-up-yet
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Mothman wrote: I just read it and I agree with you: it's the best take on the situation I've read recently:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... ven-up-yet
-------------

Matt Vensel wrote this for the Star Tribune yesterday too:

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/acce ... rading-him
Now that DeMarco Murray has decided to trade in his Cowboys stars for Eagles wings, many Vikings fans — and some NFL talking heads, too — are connecting the dots between the Cowboys and Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who may or may not want to go play in Dallas.
For that to happen, though, the Vikings have to be ready to part ways with Peterson. And as I wrote a couple of days ago, they are still trying to talk Peterson into suiting up for them this season.
But remember, the Vikings have to want to trade Peterson for all these swirling trade rumors to be relevant. And right now, based on what I’ve heard, it doesn’t seem like they want to do that.
vatusay
Starter

Post by vatusay »

I think any other player would hold out until he got his trade. I dont see that in APs demeanor.

As long as they can keep him around until OTAs/Spring Training I think he will go right back to wanting to be a Viking.

Edit: spring training??? This isn't baseball lol. TRAINING CAMP
Last edited by vatusay on Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Dallas moving on?
@BenVolin Seeing some buzz about Stevan Ridley and #Cowboys this morning. I'm told there's definitely interest on both sides but nothing cooking yet
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Agreed.
@MasterStrib 51s52 Think it's safe to say they're not trading for Peterson. “@NFLCharean: Cowboys agree to 2yr deal w/Darren McFadden pending a physical
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
vatusay
Starter

Post by vatusay »

If he can stay healthy, I could see him reviving his career there. I have always thought he was a better RB than he got credit for since coming into the league. He never had a chance in Oakland.

So looking more like AP may stay unless Arizona and Tampa Bay call?
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

As a Viking fan living in Dallas, it would be painful to see AP here, anywhere but here, well, there's one other team where it would hurt more.

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
denburch
All Pro Elite Player

Post by denburch »

The Cowboys just signed McFadden, so AP isn't going there, at least. Whew! http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -mcfadden/
It's time to take back what was rightfully ours in '98....and '09!!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Adrian Peterson (not) Reinstated

Post by DK Sweets »

McFadden could really pull a Demarco Murray and explode on that offense. If we can assume health (which we shouldn't, but it's more fun this way) they might have actually got an upgrade.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

DK Sweets wrote:McFadden could really pull a Demarco Murray and explode on that offense. If we can assume health (which we shouldn't, but it's more fun this way) they might have actually got an upgrade.
McFadden hasn't ever really "exploded." I doubt he's going to be the bell cow in Dallas, (though may lead the team in carries). Dallas could (and probably will) sign another back (Ridley?) as well as one of the draft's top 3-4 runners. And Murray is really good. What he did wasn't just a product of their offensive line. He's been a productive back throughout his career (when he's been healthy). The same can't be said for McFadden. I'd be quite a bit of cash that McFadden won't sniff Murray's production.