Never gets old watching the Packers lose.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Never gets old watching the Packers lose.

Post by Husker Vike »

Although I do tire of watching Tom Brady get to the Super bowl, I must admit I was cheering for him today!
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Never gets old watching the Packers lose.

Post by YikesVikes »

Pretty sad our only success is watching others not make it.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Brady did a heck of a job and I give him a ton of credit. Getting to the Super Bowl from the wild card spot is extremely difficult also. Bucs D needs a thumbs up for this one to. Brady might get the MVP at 43 years old. I don't see how he can't.
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

My emotion chip must be malfunctioning, Captain, I can't stop laughing at the Packer's loss... :v):
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:56 pm Brady did a heck of a job and I give him a ton of credit. Getting to the Super Bowl from the wild card spot is extremely difficult also. Bucs D needs a thumbs up for this one to. Brady might get the MVP at 43 years old. I don't see how he can't.
I have always liked Brady, if he wins 7 Superbowl rings, that is very impressive, I hope Brady will win another one since I can not stand Mahomes and the Chiefs
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:19 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:56 pm Brady did a heck of a job and I give him a ton of credit. Getting to the Super Bowl from the wild card spot is extremely difficult also. Bucs D needs a thumbs up for this one to. Brady might get the MVP at 43 years old. I don't see how he can't.
I have always liked Brady, if he wins 7 Superbowl rings, that is very impressive, I hope Brady will win another one since I can not stand Mahomes and the Chiefs
Why?
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

YikesVikes wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:12 pm

Why?
I am sick of hearing Mahomes already and Chiefs defeated Vikings in the Superbowl so screw them
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Why?
I know you didn't ask me, but ...

For me it's the bandwagon fan thing. I actually live closer to KC than I do to Minneapolis. Where I live, you never knew there was a single Chiefs fan for years. Then in 2018, all of a sudden you started seeing all of these red Chiefs sweatshirts and #15 jerseys. All of them brand-new, of course. I wore my Vikings purple all the time, even in the abyss of 3-13 in 2011. I know people who never paid any attention to football who are wearing Chiefs garb right now.

Mahomes is cool, so it's cool to be a Chiefs fan.

It's nothing the team has done. It's the sudden bandwagon fans who will abandon the team like rats off a sinking ship once they come back to earth.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

As for the Packers, I was actually hoping they'd get in the Super Bowl, then lose. That would give them a losing record in the Super Bowl since the merger in 1970.

But I have to admit, seeing the stories today about Aaron Rodgers being despondent and not sure about his future ... that's not bad either. I mean, can you imagine if he didn't come back? Stafford and Rodgers outta the division in the same year?

A fella can dream.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

watching them lose....is ok
watching other teams contending in post season while my team remains immaterial....never gets acceptable but has become predictable.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:42 pm

Why?
I am sick of hearing Mahomes already and Chiefs defeated Vikings in the Superbowl so screw them
I'm not sure how anyone can get sick of hearing Mahomes. The kid is an absolute stud, class act and is hands down the best QB in the NFL and it's not even close. How great is he? The guy has not lost a game by more than 1 possession since 2016 where he lost by two possessions to Iowa St. in college. That is just insane.

On the other hand being from NY, I have a deep hate for the Bills. I think it's more their fans than anything. They could literally beat the Jets week 1 and they think they are going to the SB. And the fact that I despise Stefon Diggs just adds to it. So I 100% got a chuckle out of Diggs throwing a fit when the game was out of reach. No less his effort level was downright pathetic. Walking to the line, running half as* routes.

Basically if the Packers and Bills played eachother in the SB this year I would've locked myself in my room all night and watched Brokeback Mountain on repeat.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

My absolute favorite part was late in the game, when the Bucs got a questionable PI call. The camera panned over to the Packers' sideline where Rodgers was whining to the refs. Complete schadenfreude moment. The guy who ALWAYS gets helpful calls had finally run up against a rival with more credit and reputation among NFL refs than him, and he didn't like how that felt. Comeuppances are the best.

And in his post game meet up with Brady he could not even muster up a genuine congratulations. He looked like a 4 year old boy who hadn't gotten his way. His presser was more of the same pouting, declaring that he wasn't sure what the future held for him and the Packers. Glorious.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:32 am As for the Packers, I was actually hoping they'd get in the Super Bowl, then lose. That would give them a losing record in the Super Bowl since the merger in 1970.

But I have to admit, seeing the stories today about Aaron Rodgers being despondent and not sure about his future ... that's not bad either. I mean, can you imagine if he didn't come back? Stafford and Rodgers outta the division in the same year?

A fella can dream.
It would be great for the Packers team to implode because Rodgers doesn't feel like they are doing enough for him to succeed. With the Vikings luck though, he would leave to the Jets, only to get called out of retirement from the Bears the next season where he would help them beat us twice on route to the SB. To top it all off, Love would end up being a 12 year HOF starter for the Packers, because that is just how things go for them.

As for Stafford, he hasn't particularly played well against us consistently. On his career he has a sub 90 passer rating against the Vikings and has gone 8-13. Having his very average QB play taking up a huge chunk of Detroit's salary ensures the Lions never really have a shot at being a great team and keep them fighting for 3rd place in the division almost every season.

Of course since it is the Lions the next 10 QBs they draft will all suck much worse than Stafford.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Erin made one comment, and I don't know the exact wording, but basically he said losing a game like this makes you feel like you've been GUTTED!!

Now I must be honest, as a man who has gutted a major amount of wild animals of all sizes since I was old enough grip the knife ... well I will say that made me happier than anything I've ever heard him say.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:29 am

Why?
I know you didn't ask me, but ...

For me it's the bandwagon fan thing. I actually live closer to KC than I do to Minneapolis. Where I live, you never knew there was a single Chiefs fan for years. Then in 2018, all of a sudden you started seeing all of these red Chiefs sweatshirts and #15 jerseys. All of them brand-new, of course. I wore my Vikings purple all the time, even in the abyss of 3-13 in 2011. I know people who never paid any attention to football who are wearing Chiefs garb right now.

Mahomes is cool, so it's cool to be a Chiefs fan.

It's nothing the team has done. It's the sudden bandwagon fans who will abandon the team like rats off a sinking ship once they come back to earth.
The only time I experienced this was during the '98 season. It was like, wow where did all these Vikings fans come from?

My brother has been a Chiefs fan since he was a little kid. We've been to Arrowhead multiple times including last year's Vikings/Chiefs game. I've had nothing but good experiences with their fans, complete strangers have invited us into their tailgate tents and nothing ever rose above all in good fun trash talk. Maybe a different experience if you're a Raiders fan...

I hope the Chiefs win it, everyone is gushing over Brady but he made some really bad throws against the Packers, it was the defense that really stepped up.