Super Bowl

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raz
Veteran

Super Bowl

Post by Raz »

Kinda sick of the trade rumor thread.

Is mike remmers still starting for the chiefs? Any other x-Vikings playing?
Say want u want about Brady but dam 10 Super Bowls u have to admire that.

Go bucs 35 to 28, my board hopes so
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Super Bowl

Post by CharVike »

I give Brady a ton of credit. He should be MVP this year also.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

The Chiefs are discovering what every other team already knows.

You can have all the speed in the world.

You can have the flashiest quarterback in history.

But if the best you can do at left tackle is Mike Remmers, you’re in trouble.

It’s only halftime. They might come back and win. But I guarantee you, if their O-line play doesn’t improve in a big fat hurry, they’re going down.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:43 pm The Chiefs are discovering what every other team already knows.

It’s only halftime. They might come back and win. But I guarantee you, if their O-line play doesn’t improve in a big fat hurry, they’re going down.
We can't be blaming Remmers for this. Chiefs are not willing to move the ball with anything but a deep pass. If they would work their way down field by taking the small plays, they would be in this game. It also doesn't hurt that their punter is choking.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Again, I feel like this is being officiated one sided as well. Not that the Chiefs are playing superbly, and if they lose, it won't be the sole reason, but it never helps.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Thaumaturgist wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:25 pm Again, I feel like this is being officiated one sided as well. Not that the Chiefs are playing superbly, and if they lose, it won't be the sole reason, but it never helps.
Seriously?

Kansas City is getting their a$$ cut in every phase of the game. Especially on the interior. Mahomes is running for his life every play. He’s in the 4th quarter and 15-for-32 for 130 yards.

This is total domination.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Oh, yes, I'm serious. They are also seriously getting it handed to them. :D

In the end, in this game, it doesn't appear like it will affect the game, but it could have...

Edit.. I imagine Mahomes knows what Kirk Cousins feels like about now.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Bucs won in the trenches on both sides.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Yes they have. This is why we need a new oline and dline.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

YikesVikes wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:17 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:43 pm The Chiefs are discovering what every other team already knows.

We can't be blaming Remmers for this. Chiefs are not willing to move the ball with anything but a deep pass. If they would work their way down field by taking the small plays, they would be in this game. It also doesn't hurt that their punter is choking.
Don't take things so literally. I'm not blaming Remmers. Well, not only Remmers.

But if you've got Mike Remmers as your starting left tackle in the Super Bowl, you've probably got serious problems along your O-line. I think Patrick Mahomes would agree that was the case.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

Congratulations to the bucs.

Line play is where it’s at. Bucs have a good line and the chiefs was diminished which for all practical purpose was the game.

Kinda why I’m not sold on Watson being our savior we would still be in cap hell with a mediocre line and when you play good teams this is what you get.

At least it’s not as bad as mlb where the dodgers just buy up all the talent “yet”
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

The Cheifs OL was missing I think 3 starters. There isn't a team out there that can recover from that. They also played against the best QB ever. He took a less than average team and marched them to the championship from the wild card spot. I don't think another QB in the NFL could do that. Andy Reid's son Britt is facing some difficulties and perhaps that played into this melt down also. Plus this Buc D seemed to get better as they went through the playoffs. The Packers OL looked like crap against them and needs some new talent IMO. Having a HOF QB and playing dam good D is a tough combination to beat. It's even harder to get that combination.
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

I don't know if there is any more mountains Tom Brady could scale. This season he finally put the belichick vs Brady to bed. From the day Drew Bledsoe went down to now, IT WAS ALWAYS BRADY!

The Bucs D did a great job against, Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes. However, I didn't see them do anything Zimmer's D couldn't do. The difference is having a truly God Tier QB on the other side of the ball.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mahomes still had some ridiculous throws despite running for his life. Two were into the end zone that bounced off the faces of his WRs. But down 3 lineman and turf toe was too much. The Bucs D was incredible and the true MVP of the game. Wish we had taken Winfield over Gladney... that taunt of Tyeek was great.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I knew the Buccaneers will win but I was not expecting a blowout