The First Name Basis Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: The First Name Basis Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign »

SkolScot wrote:
SkolScot wrote:Good afternoon, I'm Gary from Glasgow, Scotland.

I've been keeping here for a while and recounted it was time to say hello.

I stayed watching NFL around 94/95 and been an acid fan of The Cure I just had to follow the team with Robert Smith in the backfield. The decision made easier being a rabid Replacements and Husker Du fan.

There had been a few times I wish I hadn't hitched my flag to that purple mast but wish it's life as a sports fan.

I look forward to some quality football discussion /debate /argument with you fine people.

Skol

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
I should really pay more attention to the old autocorrect. Honest, I'm not a modern [emoji16]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Welcome Brad! SKOL!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

Hi I'm Brad but as I mentioned earlier you can call me Martin.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Purple Martin wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:15 am Hi I'm Brad but as I mentioned earlier you can call me Martin.
Hi Brad! I'm always glad to see more Brads around here.

Brad
AKA: Brent
GermanViking29
Rookie

Post by GermanViking29 »

hello, I'm Perry.
i'm 53. I cant say I'm a hardcore long term Vikings fan exclusively. I'm a NFL/sports fan as a whole. But the Vikings are a favorite as opposed to the Pats or Seahawks lol. I was originally a Harold Jackson fan on the Rams. And/but he did get signed by Vikings if only for a moment lol.
I hope not to offend and I will say here- I have watched sports since the 70s and over the last few years I am entirely convinced I am watching entertainment and not competition. So if my posts sound like I'm watching hulk Hogan win a match,youll know why.
its only sports, its not something that really matters.. like for instance I was in the hospital 3 days last week :( .
I dont worry about who wins or loses. Its just male bonding fun for me.
but I like the aesthetics of sports and uniform/helmet history. I like the old electric football game and still collect sports memorabilia.
thanks-

p.s. sorry, I dont mean to sound stuck up :D but Perry is far too unique a name to be changed to Brad. I apologize but I cant do it!
:smilevike: please forgive me :bowdown:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Welcome, Brad!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

GermanViking29 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:52 pm hello, I'm Perry.
i'm 53. I cant say I'm a hardcore long term Vikings fan exclusively. I'm a NFL/sports fan as a whole. But the Vikings are a favorite as opposed to the Pats or Seahawks lol. I was originally a Harold Jackson fan on the Rams. And/but he did get signed by Vikings if only for a moment lol.
I hope not to offend and I will say here- I have watched sports since the 70s and over the last few years I am entirely convinced I am watching entertainment and not competition. So if my posts sound like I'm watching hulk Hogan win a match,youll know why.
its only sports, its not something that really matters.. like for instance I was in the hospital 3 days last week :( .
but I like the aesthetics of sports and uniform/helmet history. I like the old electric football game and still collect sports memorabilia.
thanks-

p.s. sorry, I dont mean to sound stuck up :D but Perry is far too unique a name to be changed to Brad. I apologize but I cant do it!
In German Class in High School we had to change names . So I went from Brett to Bruno.
54 yr old life long hardcore Viking fan. When I joined the board I went from Brett to Brad.
So Perry, in exchange for my German teacher changing my name to Bruno.... I know reverse the roles.. and I, Brett, Bruno, Brett now Brad.... do respectfully and honorably ,as a true Noreseman take you Perry and bestow upon you the new Brad!! Welcome Brad !!!
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
GermanViking29
Rookie

Post by GermanViking29 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:04 am
GermanViking29 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:52 pm hello, I'm Perry.
thanks-

In German Class in High School we had to change names . So I went from Brett to Bruno.
54 yr old life long hardcore Viking fan. When I joined the board I went from Brett to Brad.
So Perry, in exchange for my German teacher changing my name to Bruno.... I know reverse the roles.. and I, Brett, Bruno, Brett now Brad.... do respectfully and honorably ,as a true Noreseman take you Perry and bestow upon you the new Brad!! Welcome Brad !!!
That was thoroughly confusing!
My last name is also German
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

GermanViking29 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:47 pm
Your last name is "German" or your last name is of German heritage?
My last name is Scharlemann, extremely German.
GermanViking29
Rookie

Post by GermanViking29 »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:51 pm

Your last name is "German" or your last name is of German heritage?
My last name is Scharlemann, extremely German.
Schulz. Which also appears to have a Ashkenazi background as well
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Sorry to be confusing. I was just having a little fun with rule that no matter what, when you come on this thread everyone becomes Brad.
I just saw the German part , and I too have some German heritage in my family on one side, and it reminded me of my High school German class teacher giving is all names that we had to use in class.
Sorry about that, just a difference in sense of humor.
But welcome friend. Hope no hard feelings
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
GermanViking29
Rookie

Post by GermanViking29 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:19 am

Sorry to be confusing. I was just having a little fun with rule that no matter what, when you come on this thread everyone becomes Brad.
I just saw the German part , and I too have some German heritage in my family on one side, and it reminded me of my High school German class teacher giving is all names that we had to use in class.
Sorry about that, just a difference in sense of humor.
But welcome friend. Hope no hard feelings
Lol its fine..I was joking about the confusion. I get that you were kidding
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Welcome Brad/Perry!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
WallytheVike
Practice Squad

Post by WallytheVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:15 am I've been thinking about doing this for a while now and after some conversation in other threads, I felt like it was a good time. Many of us go by our usernames on here but I figured we could be more formally introduced in this thread. I mean we are all one big Vikings family after all, we should at least know each others first name :) Plus it might make it a little easier when addressing specific people on here.

I'm Mike by the way

(Jim, you don't have to participate in this....we all know you :wink: )

First names are below:

808vikingsfan- Tom
84BreaksAnkles- Niko
Akvikingsfan- James
Allday1991- Chris
Angnron- Ronnie
Autobon7- Morgan
Banquo- Jesse
Barry- Barry
Beo- Pete
Bigskyvike78- Genean
CbusVikesFan- Steve
Chicagopurple- Marc
Cliff- Cliff (Not Clifford)
cmoss84- Dusty
cstelter- Craig or "The Other Craig"
Demi- Nick
Dinero_Jones- Dinero
Dirtyswabby- Chris
DKSweets- Dakota or DK
Dmizzle0- Darryl
Eliot- Eliot
Esox07- Bruce
Fran The Man- Richard
Glenecho- Howard
Grashopa- Josh
HardcoreVikesFan- Justin
Hunter Morrow- Hunter
Husker Vike- Kevin
IIsweet- Chad
Irish Viking- Seamus
Jackal- Ken
James- James
JD_Fiction- Jacob or JD
John_Viveiros- John
Jordysghost- Caleb
Just Me- Dan
Kansas Viking- Mike
kirby####- Eli
KSViking- Shawn
Lars- Tim
Laserman- Barry
Loki- Devin
LondonViking- Sean
Losperros- Craig
MDviking- Dan
MikeThePurple- Mike
Mmvikes- Marshall
Mndxer- Dick
MNSportsNut- Dave
Mossbutt- Mike
Mothman- Jim
NDIrish- Collin
Nightowl- Brandon
Norv Zimmer- Scott
Ohjay- Oscar
Ooki- Sondre
PacificNorseWest- Lenny
Pondering Her Percy- Mike Shep
Porky- Mike
PsyDanny- Dan
Purple bruise- Bill
PurpleHalo- Bob
PurpleKoolaid- Mike
PurpleMustReign- Joshua
Purpnation- Caleb
Quasione- Chad
Raptorman- David
Rhodes Closed- Scott
Rus- Rus
S197- Landon
Saint33- Kurtis (Not Kurt)
slapnut19= Jay
SuperFreak84- Phil
TEDBROWN23- Lou
thatoneguy- Brian
TheCoolerOne- Dylan
TheIrishVikingFan- Sean
Thaumaturgist- Brent
TreyDay- Travis
vatusay- Nick
vikeinmontana- Tony
Vike Mike- Mike
Vikingfan50- Dan
Wallythe Vike Paul
Welsh Vike- Martin
Wild Bill- Bill
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Hi I'm Rick. Nice to meet a new group of Vikings fans.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:42 pm Hi I'm Rick. Nice to meet a new group of Vikings fans.
Hi Brad!