2015 Offseason - Free Agent/Draft Tracker

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: 2015 Offseason - Free Agent/Draft Tracker

Post by HornedMessiah »

Purple bruise wrote: I do not even think this clown will be around next year! No way do I want him in purple :!:
Of course he'll be around. Some team (probably many teams) will be willing to take the risk. He had one of the all-time best seasons by a WR last year (#10 on the single season receiving yards list) so while the risk is high the potential reward is high as well. Vikes need to add WR talent and Gordon's amazing season was done in Norv's offense. Pretty easy to connect the dots. Maybe a "come to jesus" meeting with Chris Carter will set him on the right path... :confused:

To answer thatoneguy's question...yes I think it's a realistic option. As far as how much it would take, I don't think it's exactly a "sell low" scenario for the Browns. Considering the amount of interest there will likely be around the league I'd imagine they could fetch a decent return for him. 4th-5th round pick maybe...?
Last edited by HornedMessiah on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: That's giving up way too much IMO. We will be picking somewhere between 9-15. Patterson is still a young explosive player that is learning his 4th offense in 4 years. This reminds me a lot of guys early in the season with Teddy, early last season with Rhodes and Floyd, early this season with Blanton, etc....just another guy that wants to give up wayyyy to early. Funny thing is, if Patterson left and blew up somewhere else, you'd be the first to call Spielman and Turner idiots for letting him go. You don't just dump a player that's only in his second year and is one of the most explosive players in the NFL. Plus it's his first year in this offense. It is extremely rare for any team to trade/cut/release a recent first round pick.
We wouldn't get anything for CP anyways. Hes riding the bench for us, meaning he cant beat out Jenning, Johnson, or Wright. 90% of the NFL didn't even know Wright played WR till the second half of this season. Wouldn't be too worried about Rick trying to get rid of a former ST threat.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

HornedMessiah wrote: Of course he'll be around. Some team (probably many teams) will be willing to take the risk. He had one of the all-time best seasons by a WR last year (#10 on the single season receiving yards list) so while the risk is high the potential reward is high as well. Vikes need to add WR talent and Gordon's amazing season was done in Norv's offense. Pretty easy to connect the dots. Maybe a "come to jesus" meeting with Chris Carter will set him on the right path... :confused:

To answer thatoneguy's question...yes I think it's a realistic option. As far as how much it would take, I don't think it's exactly a "sell low" scenario for the Browns. Considering the amount of interest there will likely be around the league I'd imagine they could fetch a decent return for him. 4th-5th round pick maybe...?
Strongly disagree, this fool can not keep it "together" and is destined for a very short career IMO.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I agree PB! As I have said before, this organization has taken enough scrutiny already with everything that went on. Why on earth would we put another idiot on this team. We don't need anymore guys like that. We need to be smart with who we take at WR (as in Cooper or Parker), not pick up Gordon out of desperation. It will do nothing but bite us in the butt in the end. No thanks
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Looks like the Vikings have the 12th pick in the draft although the late games could change that a bit.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

S197 wrote:Looks like the Vikings have the 12th pick in the draft although the late games could change that a bit.
nfl.com has us at 13 right now. There are 2 teams close behind us who have not played their games yet.
MrPurplenGold
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by MrPurplenGold »

mmvikes wrote: nfl.com has us at 13 right now. There are 2 teams close behind us who have not played their games yet.
Either way I think it leaves the Vikings some interesting options during the draft. Amari cooper should be long gone but they could go Landon Collins to pair with Harrison smith giving them the possibility of a young dynamic safety combination. They could go with devante parker, though I think Patterson will get another year to prove himself. They could go Trae Waynes, a 6'1" physical corner out of michigan state that would compete with Robinson for that 3rd CB spot. I don't know that they're going to go with OL unless they try to convert one of the top tackles to a guard.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

TAMPA BAY IS NOW ON THE CLOCK.....With the first pick in the 2015 NFL draft, Tampa Bay selects.......
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

CbusVikesFan wrote:TAMPA BAY IS NOW ON THE CLOCK.....With the first pick in the 2015 NFL draft, Tampa Bay selects.......
... a quarterback?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

CbusVikesFan wrote:TAMPA BAY IS NOW ON THE CLOCK.....With the first pick in the 2015 NFL draft, Tampa Bay selects.......
Marcus Mariota.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Is Joique Bell a free agent? Geez, this guy is running well against the Pack. He's like Asiata with a burst.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: ... a quarterback?
Jameis Winston
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Vikings wound up with the #11 pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

What about a back like Ameer Abdullah out of Nebraska in like round 3-4? Will he be around that late?
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

If we can all agree that Winston isn't coming to Minnesota, can we agree not to bother ruining threads with discussion of his legal history?

I hate to be "that guy", but after the Christian Ponder experiment for three years and Adrian Peterson this year, the last thing I want to sift through is a combination QB/Legal conversation. If this board has taught me anything, it is that those topics are definitely going nowhere positive.