Young Theodore Bridgewater

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Young Theodore Bridgewater

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Not sure if this was posted.

Sig Stats: Accuracy Under Pressure
Despite a shaky start as a Minnesota Viking, Teddy Bridgewater rebounded well in the second half of the season, finishing with a terrific 75.2% Accuracy Percentage under pressure; the highest mark recorded by a rookie since the PFF records began in 2007. Bridgewater is only the second rookie to finish the season atop these rankings, and did so despite being pressured on 39.9% of his pass attempts.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Thinking about Teddy and stats and wins and such. I can't find (don't have paid access to) the data that show the finer points of QB play, but one site had Teddy at about 37 NEP (net expected points) over replacement. Further study at another site claimed that every 35 NEP probably corresponds to an extra win for the team. For me, in theory, he's adding (if you believe the stats) three points per game to the Vikes offense.

I think, given our schedule, that Teddy was clearly reason for at least two and maybe three wins. We probably win the Atlanta, St. Louis, Carolina, and final Bears game even with Ponder at QB. But it seems to me that we don't stand a chance of getting to overtime in the TB and NYJ games without him. And maybe we lose the Washington game too. So without Teddy (and AP, McKinnon, Barr, Loadholt, etc) the team would have been a four-win team.

So the stats (three points per game) and my eyes are telling me the same thing.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

TB just gave the riders the command to mount up at Churchhill Downs. :thumbsup:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Breeze wrote:TB just gave the riders the command to mount up at Churchhill Downs. :thumbsup:
Really? What a cool moment for him! I didn't see that. I watched the race but missed a lot of what led up to it.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Mothman wrote: Really? What a cool moment for him! I didn't see that. I watched the race but missed a lot of what led up to it.
I assume it's good for at least 3 x-tra wins this season. :wink:

The race was a good one ...but the race beforehand, on the turf, was amazing. The winner came from 15 lengths back and won in a photo finish...by a nose. Finnegan's Wake...awesome horse.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Another BW video. This one's pretty good. Jennings is pretty good too.

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Ooki
Practice Squad

Post by Ooki »

808vikingsfan wrote:Another BW video. This one's pretty good. Jennings is pretty good too.

Damn, I cant wait to see AP and TB break some havoc this year! Thanks for the link :=)
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

That was freaking amazing!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

808vikingsfan wrote:Another BW video. This one's pretty good. Jennings is pretty good too.

That is one awesome video!!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Master Tesfatsion of the Star Tribune posted an interesting comparison of rookie QBs Bridgewater and Carr a few days ago:

http://www.startribune.com/better-rooki ... 303619581/
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote:Master Tesfatsion of the Star Tribune posted an interesting comparison of rookie QBs Bridgewater and Carr a few days ago:

http://www.startribune.com/better-rooki ... 303619581/

Good article. I think it showed both the good and bad about the two quarterbacks.

I'm confident in Teddy. But I believe his growth as a QB depends on a lot of things, including the play of the OL. That goes for Carr too.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I really liked Carr coming out of college and I still do. I think the Raiders are going to make some waves this year and are headed in the right direction.
Del Rio was a good hire and they need to be more patient with their coaching staff.

It will be interesting to see how Musgrave fares.....I thought he was pretty creative if not consistent.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote:Good article. I think it showed both the good and bad about the two quarterbacks.
I agree. It was nice, balanced view of the two players.
I'm confident in Teddy. But I believe his growth as a QB depends on a lot of things, including the play of the OL. That goes for Carr too.
Their success definitely depends to a great degree on the players around them.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Breeze wrote:I really liked Carr coming out of college and I still do. I think the Raiders are going to make some waves this year and are headed in the right direction.
Del Rio was a good hire and they need to be more patient with their coaching staff.

It will be interesting to see how Musgrave fares.....I thought he was pretty creative if not consistent.
I did too. The guy keeps ending up coaching young QBs, which has to be tricky. If the Raiders are patient enough to keep their coaching staff together for a good 4 year stretch, and if they do a good job of surrounding Carr with some more talent, I think they could have a very effective offense under Musgrave.