predictions for Vikings Redskins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

predictions for Vikings Redskins

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I think with RG3 starting th e defense will show up huge, he will get sacked plenty and have at least 2 turnovers, and possibly leave the game early (in my opinion he is too soft/small for his play style )

The offense is going to get on track, McKinnon will have 100+ 2 tds. Bridgewater will have a good game with 275 yds 2 td.

34-7 good guys.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: predictions for Vikings Redskins

Post by indianation65 »

The o-line for Washington will resent McCoy's benching, and unintentionally falter. I'll be positive and say Vikes by 10 or 13, the bigger numbers don't matter.

...wisdom ? I hope!
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

To me this is a signature game for several reasons. They shoud/will beat the Skins at home and Teddy should show marked improvemnt. If not, I will be greatly dissapointed.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Pain!

*Clubber Lang voice*
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm not too confident. I think could/should win the game...but that's how I felt against Buffalo.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

DKSweets wrote:I'm not too confident. I think could/should win the game...but that's how I felt against Buffalo.
Two weeks ago, I would have been more confident than I am now. But if Dallas could only put up 17 points on these guys, how on earth are we going to score?

My hope is that RG3 is so rusty and uncomfortable in the pocket running Jay Gruden's non-read-option offense that he turns it over a few times. Maybe Anthony Barr can score a couple more touchdowns.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Redskins defense is ranked #11 and their offense is at #7. How in the world do they only have 3 wins so far?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

808vikingsfan wrote:Redskins defense is ranked #11 and their offense is at #7. How in the world do they only have 3 wins so far?
Turnover issues.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote: Turnover issues.
That's it, Jim.

Kirk Cousins threw 9 picks in 6 games, and Washington is -8 in turnover ratio. With 16 turnovers, they've given up the ball twice per game. Hard to win doing that. We need to keep that trend going for them.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: That's it, Jim.

Kirk Cousins threw 9 picks in 6 games, and Washington is -8 in turnover ratio. With 16 turnovers, they've given up the ball twice per game. Hard to win doing that. We need to keep that trend going for them.
Heck, we need to make it worse for them! :)
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

808vikingsfan wrote:Redskins defense is ranked #11 and their offense is at #7. How in the world do they only have 3 wins so far?
#7 in yards. Not overall.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Vikes: 21
Skins: 16

SKOL!
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: That's it, Jim.

Just in case you are thinking that they could be a Superbowl team without the turnovers, many times the yardage totals are skewed by turnover stats, especially ones where you are giving up a pick 6. Your offense gets two consecutive possessions, and your defense gives up zero yards on the "drive". Plus, you tend to pass more because you are behind, so your average gain tends to increase, even with marginal QB's (going from four to at least six yards per play).