This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Atlanta Falcons

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

44crm
Backup

Re: This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Atlanta Falcons

Post by 44crm »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Somebody put Jarius Wright on a milk carton. That dude has been missing practically all season so far. He needs to step up and be the guy he's shown glimpses of being in the past. He has every opportunity to make some big plays right now. I think he has a bigger role in this offense getting turned around than most might think.
I really think they should give this Charles Johnson guy some time this Sunday on the outside and maybe move CP inside. I hear this Johnson guy is pretty fast.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

44crm wrote:My old screen name was mrc44, and I know why i got banned. And even I disagree with some of the things I said after hanging out with my 4 yr old niece. But it is water under the Teddy, i mean bridge now.
Ah, I should have realized who you were. The 44 was right there and everything. Welcome back!
And I think you make a good point, maybe Norv will move CP around more. I would also like to see us give someone other than Wright some play time. He has been so absent it took me a couple minutes to figure out who was playing our wr3 this last weekend
I wonder if he's been absent because they haven't found him or called much to go his way or if he's just not playing well.
44crm
Backup

Post by 44crm »

Mothman wrote: Ah, I should have realized who you were. The 44 was right there and everything. Welcome back!
I wonder if he's been absent because they haven't found him or called much to go his way or if he's just not playing well.
Thanks for the welcome back! And I really don't know the reason for his absence, it has been said that Cassel missed quite a few WR during the games, Teddy missed a wide open Jennings(?) as well but he was put in a pretty intense scenario considering he is a rookie.

Maybe Wright will be more noticed now, IMO Teddy actually goes through his progressions better than Cassel does, Cassel always seemed to stare down the wide outs, and never check both sides of the field. I honestly haven't been this excited for a Vikings game in a while, I may have too much hope and faith in Teddy :confused:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

44crm wrote:Maybe Wright will be more noticed now, IMO Teddy actually goes through his progressions better than Cassel does, Cassel always seemed to stare down the wide outs, and never check both sides of the field. I honestly haven't been this excited for a Vikings game in a while, I may have too much hope and faith in Teddy :confused:
Just be prepared for the inevitable rookie mistakes. They will happen. Our hope is they don't happen with the frequency that most rookies suffer. I think Teddy has a good chance to beat the norm. He's a smart, talented kid who seems to have a great feel for the game.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
44crm
Backup

Post by 44crm »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Just be prepared for the inevitable rookie mistakes. They will happen. Our hope is they don't happen with the frequency that most rookies suffer. I think Teddy has a good chance to beat the norm. He's a smart, talented kid who seems to have a great feel for the game.
Exactly, rookie mistakes will take place, but I think the mistakes will be less frustrating considering Cassel made a few mistakes. I think this is a great situation for Teddy, especially when you compare it to fellow rookie Bortles first start this weekend :shock:
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Just be prepared for the inevitable rookie mistakes. They will happen. Our hope is they don't happen with the frequency that most rookies suffer. I think Teddy has a good chance to beat the norm. He's a smart, talented kid who seems to have a great feel for the game.
One big advantage that Teddy has is that once he makes up his mind where he is going with the ball, it takes him a lot less time to get the ball out. Cassel has a bit of a pitchers windup and it really aids a defense in being able to react for that extra split second before the ball is even in the air. I think that's part of why Cassel gets a lot of balls batted down too. He really telegraphs where he is going with the ball as a result of that long stride he takes toward his target.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Somebody put Jarius Wright on a milk carton. That dude has been missing practically all season so far. He needs to step up and be the guy he's shown glimpses of being in the past. He has every opportunity to make some big plays right now. I think he has a bigger role in this offense getting turned around than most might think.
Boom!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Boom!
:clap: