Site Banner

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Which Banner Do You Choose?

Purple People Eaters
23%
Vikings HOF Memebers
37%
Patterson/Smith
26%
Carter/Moss
14%

Total votes: 35

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Site Banner

Post by DK Sweets »

Obviously, AD isn't up there anymore. Nothing against the purple burst thing, but I was wondering if we could help Cliff out and try to decide who we would want up there next? (Not that this is my place to decide, I just assume it's a temporary thing)

Patterson comes to mind, as our most recognizable player. Smith, personally is my favorite young guy on the team. At some point, Teddy will probably be a great choice, but I think now would be pretty premature.

I was also thinking maybe (in order to prevent this type of thing in the future) we could put up the Purple People Eaters, Tarkenton, or possibly Moss/Carter. Maybe somebody could even make a cool mash-up with photoshop, either of our favorite players from years past, or possibly even the classic Vikings on one side and the next wave on the other side?

I'd love to hear some ideas! It's great to be talking about how the board is here instead of how the board is gone forever.
Last edited by DK Sweets on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Site Banner

Post by dead_poet »

Good question. I suggest creating a poll. My vote is for Rhet. :o

I also think it should be current players, or a mix of past greats and current stars.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I forget that there is a banner! I read the board in "subsilver2" mode (if I remember correctly) so I don't see the banner art you mentioned.

Past greats never go out of style so I think perhaps a banner showing some of the great players from the past would be cool. A great shot of the PPE d-line would be awesome.

I'm good with Photoshop so I'll be happy to lend my skills to the task...
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Um, Mr. Dead_Poet's avatar is killer! It always catches my eye. Wahi'

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote:I forget that there is a banner! I read the board in "subsilver2" mode (if I remember correctly) so I don't see the banner art you mentioned.

Past greats never go out of style so I think perhaps a banner showing some of the great players from the past would be cool. A great shot of the PPE d-line would be awesome.

There's lots of advantages to putting past players up: they are less susceptible to the ups and downs of injury, performance, lack of sound judgment, etc.

Also, it seems right for this board. Let's honor the Vikings' legacy and history.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Texas Vike wrote:
There's lots of advantages to putting past players up: they are less susceptible to the ups and downs of injury, performance, lack of sound judgment, etc.

Also, it seems right for this board. Let's honor the Vikings' legacy and history.
I agree, some type of PPE banner would be awesome. A Carter/Moss/Reed one would be cool, but I know some people aren't so high on moss, so the PPE one would probably be the best.

On a side note, Jake Reed is always cheering for the Vikings on twitter. He played for both the Vikings and saints, but is constantly posting about vikings stuff.
Jake Reed @JakeReed86 · 13h
#Vikings Don't lose sight of the big game coming up! #BeatTheSaints We need this win. #Skol #Vikes
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Patterson!

Do we really have to put up past people just in case something like Adrian's situation happens again? A little overreaction no? This is just a Vikings message board. It's not like we are some big deal in the grand scheme of things.

We are all just a bunch of Viking fans talking Vikings football. BTW glad to have the board back. Go Vikes!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

DP, I'll put up a poll when we narrow it down to 3-4 options. I mentioned quite a few, and there's a good chance somebody will have a different idea that I didn't think of.

I also love that Mothman doesn't even see the banner and he's still volunteering to help. If possible, you love this board too much!

Crax, nice find. It's nice to see old players support the team (especially since he played for both teams).
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

NDVikeFan wrote:Patterson!

Do we really have to put up past people just in case something like Adrian's situation happens again? A little overreaction no? This is just a Vikings message board. It's not like we are some big deal in the grand scheme of things.

We are all just a bunch of Viking fans talking Vikings football. BTW glad to have the board back. Go Vikes!
I don't think anybody think we're a big deal (although we DID make ESPN and CBSsports...maybe we are 8)). The bigger question, to me at least, is if we think there are players of high enough star quality to justify putting above legends from the past. I realize reading back that I didn't word it that way, though.

I personally, like paying homage to the past, even if Peterson hadn't got in trouble. But I'm not picky either way.
Last edited by DK Sweets on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote:I forget that there is a banner! I read the board in "subsilver2" mode (if I remember correctly) so I don't see the banner art you mentioned.

Oh, I thought you'd want to put something up with Brad Childress' face on it, Jim! :D
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

losperros wrote:
Oh, I thought you'd want to put something up with Brad Childress' face on it, Jim! :D
This statement is a bannable offense.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote: This statement is a bannable offense.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

:ban: :clap:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Crax wrote:On a side note, Jake Reed is always cheering for the Vikings on twitter. He played for both the Vikings and saints, but is constantly posting about vikings stuff.
I didn't know that. Cool! I appreciated Jake Reed contributions to the team. I consider him an underrated player.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote:Oh, I thought you'd want to put something up with Brad Childress' face on it, Jim! :D
LOL! Perhaps a target?

Well, I'm not that mean-spirited but I would draw a funny mustache on him. Wait, he already had a funny mustache...