Weeeeeerrrreeeee Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Weeeeeerrrreeeee Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!

Post by jackal »

I'm leaving it alone and moving... Its like picking a fight with a crazy redhead ....
No one wins, in that situation. The crazy redhead will never admit she is wrong, and
your time will be wasted, in trying to do so. :wallbang:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

jackal wrote:I'm leaving it alone and moving... Its like picking a fight with a crazy redhead ....
No one wins, in that situation. The crazy redhead will never admit she is wrong, and
your time will be wasted, in trying to do so. :wallbang:

BUT.. .the redhead has a better body... :rock:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

BUT.. .the redhead has a better body... :rock:
In my case the new girlfriend has a much better body, and ten times the human being...
She cooks me dinner and drops it off all the time, on her way to work, just because she loves
me. I am a lucky man
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Glad we're up and running again. Thanks cliff for getting it going again :beerchug:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

jackal wrote: In my case the new girlfriend has a much better body, and ten times the human being...
She cooks me dinner and drops it off all the time, on her way to work, just because she loves
me. I am a lucky man

Life is good bro!! :beerchug:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

Holy sh*t! (And this is the only time I will break board rules, I apologize sincerely!... I like this board- I was hurt...) ANYWAY

Glad to see we're back!!!! But I'm so conflicted about this.... Ugh sucks to go from literally a great place as a football fan to one of the worst places REAL quick..
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Certainly frustrating. Really gave every single one of us a bad name (albeit no one's identity is at stake) - even CBS picked up on the story. Pretty disgusted with how the whole thing was handled on here.

Here's hoping that nothing like that happens again.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
lateral23
Starter

Post by lateral23 »

I don't post much, but I frequently read this board. I had not posted my feelings about the news regarding AP, but saw what was going on and I was very saddened to see the board was taken offline. I am glad that it is back, as I feel that though incidents like this can create stark divides in our opinions and might bring out our worst, this is in fact a great forum with great fans whose opinions on football should be heard. This situation regarding AP took us all off-guard and I think we all need to take a deep breath and accept that fact while looking forward to a season that likely won't be what we expected, with a cloudy future regarding the face of our franchise.

I woke up after a nap Friday afternoon to find a trade proposal in one of my fantasy leagues for AP, that was just too ridiculous to accept, and so I declined the trade. A while later, I turned on ESPN and realized what was happening (I probably should have taken the trade because my friend that offered it knew this was happening and where it would likely end up). The entire weekend I felt sick, which feels so weird to say. I was given the ticket from AP's 296 game in 2007 by a friend and I had it signed by him at training camp last month. I shook his hand and said to him, "I should get coach Turner to sign this too" and AP laughed, smiled and said, "He talks about that game everyday". It meant so much at the time, and I have always held AP in high regard despite his minor legal issues. I was fortunate to get his autograph and shake his hand last year at camp as well. It's not like I personally knew him, but in those two moments and as a Vikings fan, I felt like I did. This whole issue has me feeling sick, and I hope the best for AP. If that means he never plays for the Vikings or in the NFL again, so be it.

I am glad the forum is back, and lets hope that the Vikes can salvage something good this season without our best player :v):
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Canuck wrote:What a joke!! If adrian Peterson plays for the vikings anytime soonis this site going to shut down again. Freedom of speech is great isn't it.
No it's 100% in Cliffs hands now, and Cliff wasn't in on shutting it down.
This space available for rent.
juventus1
Practice Squad

Post by juventus1 »

PurpleHalo wrote: No it's 100% in Cliffs hands now, and Cliff wasn't in on shutting it down.
After reading the sticky, like you said, it seems like it's now in Cliff's hands. I do hope the site wont be shut down again; if more abuse occurs perhaps other techniques for 'troll supression' can be used.

I wouldn't have expected this board to shut down in the first place, but the post I mentioned does explain much. Unfortunately reactionary/emotional responses from both sides have seemingly won the day when it comes to societal interaction regarding these recent issues (on a variety of platforms). Hopefully we can keep the arguments in the future both civil and productive.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

juventus1 wrote: After reading the sticky, like you said, it seems like it's now in Cliff's hands. I do hope the site wont be shut down again; if more abuse occurs perhaps other techniques for 'troll supression' can be used.

I wouldn't have expected this board to shut down in the first place, but the post I mentioned does explain much. Unfortunately reactionary/emotional responses from both sides have seemingly won the day when it comes to societal interaction regarding these recent issues (on a variety of platforms). Hopefully we can keep the arguments in the future both civil and productive.
It's the reason why you wont see me commenting on stories like this. You get the heated clash of the forgivers and the lynch mob. These stories become so huge in themselves, it really gets old and over done. It is what it is (says Kelly Campbell :D ) and it does no good to shout. I prefer to let it play out as it will, my only concern is my favorite team on the field.
This space available for rent.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

It is good to be home.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I'm glad the site is up and running again , I don't really know if it will stay up if AP gets reinstated, the mods might just take their ball and go home.
beardedterror
All Pro Elite Player

Post by beardedterror »

I had a feeling this board would be back up. I'll be interested to see how many people come back.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

lateral23 wrote:I don't post much, but I frequently read this board. I had not posted my feelings about the news regarding AP, but saw what was going on and I was very saddened to see the board was taken offline. I am glad that it is back, as I feel that though incidents like this can create stark divides in our opinions and might bring out our worst, this is in fact a great forum with great fans whose opinions on football should be heard. This situation regarding AP took us all off-guard and I think we all need to take a deep breath and accept that fact while looking forward to a season that likely won't be what we expected, with a cloudy future regarding the face of our franchise.

I woke up after a nap Friday afternoon to find a trade proposal in one of my fantasy leagues for AP, that was just too ridiculous to accept, and so I declined the trade. A while later, I turned on ESPN and realized what was happening (I probably should have taken the trade because my friend that offered it knew this was happening and where it would likely end up). The entire weekend I felt sick, which feels so weird to say. I was given the ticket from AP's 296 game in 2007 by a friend and I had it signed by him at training camp last month. I shook his hand and said to him, "I should get coach Turner to sign this too" and AP laughed, smiled and said, "He talks about that game everyday". It meant so much at the time, and I have always held AP in high regard despite his minor legal issues. I was fortunate to get his autograph and shake his hand last year at camp as well. It's not like I personally knew him, but in those two moments and as a Vikings fan, I felt like I did. This whole issue has me feeling sick, and I hope the best for AP. If that means he never plays for the Vikings or in the NFL again, so be it.

I am glad the forum is back, and lets hope that the Vikes can salvage something good this season without our best player :v):

Nice post.

Welcome back everyone. Feels good to be home. The folks at Purple Pride deserve a shout out for providing us with a post-natural disaster center with cots, warm soup and the ability to find one another and discuss what the heck happened. Looks like those posts influenced Geoff to realize that his decision was rash and influenced a lot of good people in a way that he did not intend. It was not a worthy death to what I believe is a solid online community, so I'm glad to see it resuscitated.

I also think it's important to have a venue where we can discuss what's going on with our favorite team; our ideas on what AD did and how the league and the Vikes react to it; and hopefully someday soon, we can even discuss FOOTBALL again!

SKOL! :v):