LMFAO

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Dirtyswabby
Starter

LMFAO

Post by Dirtyswabby »

The Vikings have the Biggest Blowout game of the week, and nobody noticed.

Here is a quote from John Clayton. Essentially in a nut shell, most of the Analysts think the Vikings didn't win the game but the rams lost it. I really hope the Vikings come out and punch New England in the mouth next Sunday.

"What a bad start for the St. Louis Rams. Not only did they lose to Minnesota 34-6, but they are also already down to their third-string quarterback. Sam Bradford (knee) was lost for the year in the preseason"
Representing the Vikings In Raleigh, NC
Arma
Starter

Re: LMFAO

Post by Arma »

Blowouts don't "just happen". Playoff teams stomp a team like the Rams yesterday.
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

I said this to a friend last night:

Good teams should blow out a team like the Rams who were on their 2nd and 3rd string QBs.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
tnvikesfan
Starter

Post by tnvikesfan »

Think about it this way - if they continue to blow us off, then while nobody is paying attention we could rack up a bunch of wins that aren't expected and surprise the crap out of the opponents.

The Vikings have NEVER been the darlings of the NFL, always the red-headed step child. I can't figure out why it's always been this way. Even when we lived in MN, the only announcers that were actually FOR us were the local guys. Now that we have to have Sunday Ticket we only see the national announcers, and they always seem surprised that we can play better than high-schoolers. Even in our '98 season, we didn't get the press and kudos that other teams with that same success would have received.

Let's use it to our advantage and Dark Horse it for all it's worth. I will always wear my purple with pride even if the media doesn't give us our due respect.
~Ginny~

A woman is only vulnerable while her nails are wet. Even then, she can pull the trigger if she needs to.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

NextQuestion wrote:I said this to a friend last night:

Good teams should blow out a team like the Rams who were on their 2nd and 3rd string QBs.
You're exactly right. I don't know if the Vikings are going to playoffs or not, but I believe last year's version of the Vikings would have made this a close game. There would have been no blow out.

In fact, the D might have folded late in the game and allowed the Rams to sneak by.
FirstAndTen
Backup

Post by FirstAndTen »

Hey, I haven't posted in awhile.

On Mike and Mike or Sportscenter this AM, Ditka was actually giving us some pretty good praise. It was sort of a "take notice" compliment.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

When the Jags almost beat us in 2012....that showed anyone could beat us. We should have torn them apart.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

I'm with most others on this one, I'm glad we're being overlooked. It keeps us off the radar and allows us to sneak up on teams who might be looking past us on the schedule.

But I wouldn't say we're being ignored by everyone. In the Monday night game, Gruden said teams better watch out for the Vikings, or something to that effect.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
ATL_Viking
Backup

Post by ATL_Viking »

Can't stay off the radar very long if the wins continue. A win next week probably is enough. If we should happen to also win in New Orleans? Forget it, media will be camped out on Zim's lawn.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

This is a blessing and a curse for us..

A blessing because teams will not prep as hard and prepare for the Defense we have today.
IMO are defense is very good right now. We have won five games in a row and won three road
games since Zimmer took over. That has to count for something. I have the feeling if we beat
New England this week the Tide will start to turn rapidly. Brady is a media darling and NFL favorite
and I hope we beat the tar out of them this week. So tired of media and talking heads man crush
on the Packers and such.

The bad is ...

Players want to come to good teams at the end of their careers in search of a winner. We have lost
on players like Tomlison in the past; due to this issue. Jarad Allen left partially because of the
previous coaching staff IMO.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

jackal wrote:This is a blessing and a curse for us..

A blessing because teams will not prep as hard and prepare for the Defense we have today.
IMO are defense is very good right now. We have won five games in a row and won three road
games since Zimmer took over. That has to count for something. I have the feeling if we beat
New England this week the Tide will start to turn rapidly. Brady is a media darling and NFL favorite
and I hope we beat the tar out of them this week. So tired of media and talking heads man crush
on the Packers and such.

The bad is ...

Players want to come to good teams at the end of their careers in search of a winner. We have lost
on players like Tomlison in the past; due to this issue. Jarad Allen left partially because of the
previous coaching staff IMO.
I think Allen left because his contract expired and they weren't interested in signing him to a new one.

I'd love to see the Vikes beat the tar out of the Pats this week. That would be a great confidence-builder for the team going into the following week's game against New Orleans and it would keep them atop the division, where I'm hoping they'll remain all season!

By the way, it's good to see you're still posting. :)
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote: I think Allen left because his contract expired and they weren't interested in signing him to a new one.

I'd love to see the Vikes beat the tar out of the Pats this week. That would be a great confidence-builder for the team going into the following week's game against New Orleans and it would keep them atop the division, where I'm hoping they'll remain all season!

By the way, it's good to see you're still posting. :)
Tomlison :?: When did they want/need him :?: Jarred Allen is way past his prime. I watched the Bear's game and he did nothing. Who would you rather have Griffen or Allen? To me there is no choice.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

From NFL News: "My reaction to Minnesota's swing-and-miss with running back LaDainian Tomlinson is the same as when Chester Taylor jumped to Chicago. The Vikings' backup running back job is an important but ultimately secondary role as long as starter Adrian Peterson plays a full season, and it should be viewed accordingly.

TaylorI couldn't get worked up about Taylor's departure, and I really don't consider it a crisis now that Tomlinson has agreed to terms with the New York Jets. Over the past two seasons, Taylor touched the ball 284 times via rushing or pass plays. That averages out to 8.88 touches per game, or about 14 percent of the Vikings' offensive plays over that span. That's not a big enough number to lose sleep over, in my opinion."

Much to do about nothing IMO, why even bring it up?
What did he do with the Jets? As their featured back. First year pretty good and second year a flop. He would not have sniffed the ball playing behind AD. Different coaches and a whole different time.
NYJ
15 219 914 4.2 31 6 42 2 0
NYJ
14 75 280 3.7 20 1 15 0
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

The Vikings will need a 3-1 record just to get the "respect" snowball packed, and set at the top of the hill. Then 4-1 will get the first push down the hill. That's just fine...

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

Dirtyswabby wrote:The Vikings have the Biggest Blowout game of the week, and nobody noticed.

Here is a quote from John Clayton. Essentially in a nut shell, most of the Analysts think the Vikings didn't win the game but the rams lost it. I really hope the Vikings come out and punch New England in the mouth next Sunday.

"What a bad start for the St. Louis Rams. Not only did they lose to Minnesota 34-6, but they are also already down to their third-string quarterback. Sam Bradford (knee) was lost for the year in the preseason"
The first time I read this I thought 'Why would John Clayton want the Vikings to punch New England in the mouth next Sunday?' :rofl:

Any way....let the talking heads forget about the Vikings, it's better that way.