This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The St. Louis Rams

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

frosted
Career Elite Player

This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The St. Louis Rams

Post by frosted »

My excitement for this week is out of control. So happy that real football will be played this week/weekend.

Here are the opposing fan forums for this week:

The Original HERD

http://www.ramsrule.com/herd/list.php?5

Clan Ram Forums

http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/

Rams On Demand

http://www.ramsondemand.com/forums/rams-nfl-talk.26/

RealRamsFans.com

http://www.realramsfans.com/viewforum.php?f=2

Football's Future

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... m.php?f=35

What they're saying:
Bring the hammer down on Matt Cassel/Bridgewater.. make them win the game... not Peterson
They freakish suck.. Let's whip them try hards and slow down Ap.. They have no one else..
I have a weird feeling about this game.

I think the Rams don't much going on the ground, but Shaun Hill will get 300 yards and a deep TD to Austin.
33-14.

We should blow this team out.
I don't like the matchup here.

Minnesota's run defense is pretty good. Livan Joseph could give us trouble in the middle against Wells. Wells has not looked great and will need guard which will delay the hole opening. I do think Saffold and/or Joseph can handle Floyd. I hope we try to open it up a little because the matchup advantage is Quick and Britt against their DB's Captain, Rhodes and Robinson. Only Rhodes is over 6". No real advantage with Cooke as he is soft and Minnys LB's can cover.

Minny has the ability to get pressure and have the personal to mix packages, but I think we can handle that. Also throwing on first down and forcing Joseph to pass rush will help us. They sub Joseph and Floyd on passing downs so passing on 1st and 10 will help subdue any pressure they can bring.

On defense, Cassel is nothing and can be rattled. But can we contain AP and if we cant it opens play action and Cassel is a good play action passer. Also play action could be deadly with Patterson on the outside.

I think we are looking at a low scoring but big plays by AP or Patterson do us in.

Minnesota 20
Rams 17
They will scheme to nullify the Rams Pass Rush.... Lots of 2 TE sets with the obvious work load given to AP. Play action and 3 step drops.. Cassell Quick throws to TE's/WR's and a couple C. Patterson bubble Screens at least 1 WR reverse end around.

Rams better tackle AP at the first level and be ready for C.Patterson gimick plays and ST returns he's Dangerous like Tavon.. Their Defense is anyones guess cuz they have a new head coach and staff not much to game plan for outside of the obvious..
Zimmer has installed the defense he ran in Cinn.

He brought Norv Turner on as OC so you should see a lot of Kyle Rudolph, the TE, and Patterson along with a massive dose of AP.

The OL is solid. But outside of Patterson the WRs are not that good. There is no one backing up AP. At least no one who's name you would recognize.

Defensively they are average at best. They lost Williams at DT and Allen at DE, so the DL got softer. Outside of Greenway their LBers are mediocre. And the secondary has 2nd year Xavier Rhodes and that's about it. Very good S, the kid from ND a few years ago. Cannot say his name. He is a playmaker.

Stop AP and control the ball on offense and the Rams can win. AP goes for 200 and the Rams lose going away.

LET'S GO!!
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The St. Louis Rams

Post by Raptorman »

I would say something about the Rams but I know nothing about them. They think Rhodes it the only DB that we have? Wait till they meet Harrison Smith. Going to be good game.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Thanks for putting that post together, frosted21! It's always interesting to get the perspective of the opposing team's fans.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Mothman wrote:Thanks for putting that post together, frosted21! It's always interesting to get the perspective of the opposing team's fans.
No problem, Jim.
fiestavike wrote:Shaun Hill has torched us before, but I think we get the season started with a road win.

I think we are very underrated. I saw a Fantasy Football show that didn't even have our defense listed in the top 25. I know we were bad last year, but we have had major turnover (I think improvement) a new scheme, and a matchup against a backup QB and a team without a ton of skill position threats. When you have to bring in Kenny Britt your WR depth can't be very good. Not unlike bringing in Jerome Simpson was for us a couple years ago when the cupboard was bare at WR for us. With Simpson his troubles were off the field. Britt's are both on and off the field. He has a history of drug abuse (including being arrested on a US military base with possession[not sure how that was ever resolved?]) and a reputation for slacking and giving minimal effort on the field.

I think CP will show that the rams made the wrong pick with Tavon Austin.

I think Matt Kalil will continue to struggle. The left side of our line could pose a real problem going forward this season.

I think we'll come away with 3 turnovers.
Unfortunately, I agree with you on Kalil. If nothing else, this week could be hell for him, considering he is going to be (trying) to block Robert Quinn. We need a huge game out of Matt if we want to win.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

The player I am most concerned about this weekend? Aaron Donald. I see him having a big game against us if Sullivan/Johnson/Fusco are not on the same page. Don't forget about Michael Brockers either. That entire Rams' defensive line is scary as hell. If our offensive line can handle the Rams, we should be in for a hell of a season offensively on the line.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Excellent post!

I still think we pull one out. I'm not scared of the Rams' offense and that defense didn't contain Peterson the last time we played, so I want to see them do it now before I say it's a scary matchup. Also, I like our WRs a lot more now than I did then.

I don't think this is an easy win, but I have a hard time predicting a St. Louis victory.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Adrianpeterson28mvp wrote:The Rams have one good player on their team and that's Quinn! They have some other kids on their D Line from Penn State and LSU can't remember their names but uh they can tackle!-*My know nothing about football analysis of the opposing team*

On the real it starts with stuffing Stacy and wrapping him up at the line, don't let him pound and keep our D on the field. Pressure Hill and don't let him start hot and we should have that taken care of, don't give up the big play! (Tavon Austin)

On the flip side we cannot take too many sacks, their secondary is the weak point (just becuase their front 7 is so dominant). It'll be important to use the whole field in order to spread things out early which will open the middle throughout the game.
You might be sadly mistaken if you say that Quinn is the only "good player" that the Rams have. Tavon Austin is a very dynamic player and well beyond good IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73CqgQg4rs4
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Purple bruise wrote: You might be sadly mistaken if you say that Quinn is the only "good player" that the Rams have. Tavon Austin is a very dynamic player and well beyond good IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73CqgQg4rs4
Adrianpeterson28mvp was mocking one of the posts at the top.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

Not scared, solid win and decent way to start the season.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

DKSweets wrote:Adrianpeterson28mvp was mocking one of the posts at the top.
I must of misread that or did you?

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

seriously people are concerned about the rams? look at the next 5 games on the schedule i would be more concerned about those. if they can't beat st. louis buckle up for another long year.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Purplemania wrote: IDK about that. St Louis Rams aren't push overs like they are in the past. They've invested a lot on defense and it's paying off. No doubt this should be the easiest game of the first 5, but it will not be an easy game.
I can see both sides to this, but I wonder if we overrate the Rams. In 2012 they were supposed to be able to stop AD and didn't even get close. Since that game, I think our team has got better than theirs has with young talent. We're going to have more confidence than them that we can have a great season, and we're gonna have the element of surprise in play calling, too, because even if they know our coaches tendencies, they don't have film on our players in these schemes, so they don't know how the schemes are going to be played. I see a lot of advantages.

That said, if we do lose this game, it's going to be hard to get good very quickly...this early schedule is probably going to take some luck to survive.
Dirtyswabby
Starter

Post by Dirtyswabby »

I think Rams fans are a bit short sighted. Not only do we have AP and CP, we have Rudolph, Jennings. I think they will be surprised by our team. Im not suggesting that the Vikings will win, im suggesting its not going to be as easy as they are suggesting.
Representing the Vikings In Raleigh, NC
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Dirtyswabby wrote:I think Rams fans are a bit short sighted. Not only do we have AP and CP, we have Rudolph, Jennings. I think they will be surprised by our team. Im not suggesting that the Vikings will win, im suggesting its not going to be as easy as they are suggesting.
You left out Griffin, who will be a beast. :) With Bradford out this should/will be the easiest game on the schedule IMO.

allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Seems like they have a lot more delusional fans than realistic, I don't see how any fan could predict a 40-20 blow out from a under performing team without there starting QB. I hope they expect the same old Vikings and that Zimmer and Turner can take advantage of teams excepting the same old.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson