Why is Ponder still on the team???

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Why is Ponder still on the team???

Post by jackal »

Funny he mentions auditioning for other teams; and then stinks it up, laughs
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

jackal wrote:Funny he mentions auditioning for other teams; and then stinks it up, laughs
Well, first there's Ponder, the intellectual, and we've always know Ponder is a very intelligent guy. He'd be foolish to think that any remaining snaps he gets in Minnesota, whether in the preseason or (heaven help us) regular season, are anything but tape for his next job.

Then there is the actual reality of Ponder, the player. He looked exactly like the Ponder that played for the past three years in Minnesota. Eerily so. Showing all the same tendencies - slow decision making, poor accuracy, and an odd detachment from everything happening around him.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

jackal wrote:Funny he mentions auditioning for other teams; and then stinks it up, laughs
Kind of hard to "shine" playing with all second and third team players. Bridgewater did worse playing with 1st teamers.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

yeah, how about shining the last 30+ games he played as a starter? If he had shone then, he wouldn't be 3rd string now. :wallbang:

You HONESTLY believe they stick ANY starting NFL Qb in their with the 2nds and 3rd they look that bad? HELL NO, they find open guys, they throw accurate catchable passes.

MY GOODNESS APOLOGISTS.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Demi wrote:yeah, how about shining the last 30+ games he played as a starter? If he had shone then, he wouldn't be 3rd string now. :wallbang:

You HONESTLY believe they stick ANY starting NFL Qb in their with the 2nds and 3rd they look that bad? HELL NO, they find open guys, they throw accurate catchable passes.

MY GOODNESS APOLOGISTS.
I thought that the mods made it quite clear to the board about refering to people aS APOLOGISTS. You obviously did not take them seriously or just do not give a crap and continue trying to start an argument. :roll: :wallbang:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

:wallbang: Why are we even still discussing this guy. Arrrgghhhhhh
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Good question, why are you :confused:

Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Purple bruise wrote: Kind of hard to "shine" playing with all second and third team players. Bridgewater did worse playing with 1st teamers.
It shouldn't be that hard, he was playing AGAINST 3rd stringers and guys who have never played at this level before. Guys who will probably be unemployed come September. But who cares who it was with or against, an "audition" that bad isn't going to impress any team.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

Purple bruise wrote: Kind of hard to "shine" playing with all second and third team players. Bridgewater did worse playing with 1st teamers.
You look at it like he was playing alongside 2nd and 3rd team players, while most would look at it as playing against 2nd and 3rd teamers.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Purple bruise wrote: I thought that the mods made it quite clear to the board about refering to people aS APOLOGISTS. You obviously did not take them seriously or just do not give a crap and continue trying to start an argument. :roll: :wallbang:
If it wasn't clear before, it should be now. I'll reiterate, the term "apologist" will be considered a good fan/bad fan remark, which is against board rules and will come with a warning.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

S197 wrote: If it wasn't clear before, it should be now. I'll reiterate, the term "apologist" will be considered a good fan/bad fan remark, which is against board rules and will come with a warning.
And the dozens of posts referring to Demi as a "troll" and/or ones that mock him or call him out personally come with warnings too, right? Why do I suspect a good portion of those were probably ignored by the mods?

Just curious about these rules. Because from the outside looking in, it doesn't always seem to be a two-way street. Seems like the so-called "negative" fans get by with a lot less. Or maybe it's just made public more with them?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Funkytown wrote:And the dozens of posts referring to Demi as a "troll" and/or ones that mock him or call him out personally come with warnings too, right? Why do I suspect a good portion of those were probably ignored by the mods?

Just curious about these rules. Because from the outside looking in, it doesn't always seem to be a two-way street. Seems like the so-called "negative" fans get by with a lot less. Or maybe it's just made public more with them?
For the most part, warnings and the number of warnings each poster has is not public knowledge. The same goes for when a poster reports someone. Without that knowledge, I don't really see how you can determine who "gets away" with what.

In this particular instance, I drew attention to it because I don't want to see us going down the name calling road that was so prevalent for a while. I made it rather clear in a thread that was stickied for several weeks during the offseason that this change would be implemented.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

S197 wrote: For the most part, warnings and the number of warnings each poster has is not public knowledge. The same goes for when a poster reports someone. Without that knowledge, I don't really see how you can determine who "gets away" with what.

In this particular instance, I drew attention to it because I don't want to see us going down the name calling road that was so prevalent for a while. I made it rather clear in a thread that was stickied for several weeks during the offseason that this change would be implemented.
Then you should also make "troll" a forbidden word. In fact, why not add these forbidden names to the dozens of ####'d out naughty words that the ultrasensitive souls here on VMB cannot be exposed to?
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Ponder is still on the roster because he can be a servicable 3rd stringer with experience. :shock:
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Eli wrote:Then you should also make "troll" a forbidden word. In fact, why not add these forbidden names to the dozens of ####'d out naughty words that the ultrasensitive souls here on VMB cannot be exposed to?
Please. The two are not remotely similar, we could barely get through a thread last year without someone being called a Ponder apologist or Frazier apologist. It permeated the board more than any other negative connotation out there by a long shot and that is why the decision was made. It was nothing more than an easy jab at anyone who disagreed with your position.

The word filter is something entirely different and also something I don't have any control over (I'm not even sure words can be added or removed). It's likely a setting in the software. In any case, if you or anyone else wishes to continue this discussion, feel free to PM me.