You won't see much of the Vikings in prime time

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: You won't see much of the Vikings in prime time

Post by Crax »

Purpnation wrote: Lol so your saying Sunday ticket should just be free?
Not sure if he was saying that, but it would be nice if non Directv people could get it. It's also a fair amount cheaper in other countries outside the US online. In quite a few it's around $120-200 dollars or so.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Purpnation wrote:Something that I really wish wr had more opportunities to change, I LOVE winning on national primetime tv, but I understand that we obviously didn't play well enough last year to be looked at as a primetime worthy team.
The Vikes haven't a won a Sunday Night game since Joe Webb put up that miracle performance against the Eagles in 2010. They haven't won a Monday night game since 2009 against the Packers, but lost later that year to the Bears in overtime. I for one, am tired of getting embarrassed in front of my family and friends whenever we get together on Sunday or Monday night and the Vikings are on primetime TV. It's bad enough that the Vikings games rarely get any national tv exposure unless it's prime time and when they do they get humiliated. Every time the Vikings had a prime time game, I'd brag to everyone how we are a better team now than the previous year. You know because for every good season the Vikings have, they most likely had a bad season prior to it and usually follow the good season with another bad season. I get to see all my friends favorite teams like the Steelers, Patriots, Bears, and Packers win on prime time tv but when it's the Vikings we lose and people laugh at me. I'm sick of it. :wallbang: :wallbang:
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Crax wrote:It's also a fair amount cheaper in other countries outside the US online. In quite a few it's around $120-200 dollars or so.
I still think it's pretty stupid how only people outside the US are actually able to watch any NFL games online when all the people in the US get is the NFL audio pass. It's unfair to people like me who live in areas where I'm not a fan of the local team. Alabama doesn't have a team but on channel Fox they will show EVERY Atlanta Falcons game. If the Falcons are not playing at then they'll show New Orleans or all the other surrounding states with football teams.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

King James wrote: I still think it's pretty stupid how only people outside the US are actually able to watch any NFL games online when all the people in the US get is the NFL audio pass. It's unfair to people like me who live in areas where I'm not a fan of the local team.
Not only is it stupid, but the pricing by country is pretty variable too It's 50% more for a country like France than Luxembourg. The nfl will get whatever they can I guess. They actually charge Canadians a good amount more than some of the others like around 205(USD) vs many that are around 130. England is closer to $225. No difference in service of course, just pricing.
Alabama doesn't have a team but on channel Fox they will show EVERY Atlanta Falcons game. If the Falcons are not playing at then they'll show New Orleans or all the other surrounding states with football teams.
Here in utah it's always the broncos(good or bad) and then most likely the 49ers and whoever the nfl hot/darling team is. The only time it's been the Vikings was when they were winning with Farve. I think every game was on locally that season except about 2.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

King James wrote: The Vikes haven't a won a Sunday Night game since Joe Webb put up that miracle performance against the Eagles in 2010. They haven't won a Monday night game since 2009 against the Packers, but lost later that year to the Bears in overtime. I for one, am tired of getting embarrassed in front of my family and friends whenever we get together on Sunday or Monday night and the Vikings are on primetime TV. It's bad enough that the Vikings games rarely get any national tv exposure unless it's prime time and when they do they get humiliated. Every time the Vikings had a prime time game, I'd brag to everyone how we are a better team now than the previous year. You know because for every good season the Vikings have, they most likely had a bad season prior to it and usually follow the good season with another bad season. I get to see all my friends favorite teams like the Steelers, Patriots, Bears, and Packers win on prime time tv but when it's the Vikings we lose and people laugh at me. I'm sick of it. :wallbang: :wallbang:
I understand, but the easy fix for that is for the Vikings to start, you know, winning in primetime. :lol:

Comon man, your tired of being embarrassed in front of your friends and family on primetime, so you just wanna give up? Screw that noise, you and all of us deserve the Vikings to start whuppin some #### on prime time tv.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Didn't we beat Washington in "prime time" this year?
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

808vikingsfan wrote:Looks like Directv is repackaging their Sunday Ticket Mobile (now called NFLSundayticket.tv) and expanding their service to other devices (pc's, phones, tablets, game consoles). Eligible only if you can't get their satellite service I believe. Tried my home address and not eligible. Tried a random apartment address in Honolulu and was eligible. If someone knows a way around this, please share. Maybe I have to find a relative that lives in an apartment and have them forward the bill.

Here's the link.

https://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp

Are you able to have satelitte at your place? A few years ago, I lived in a spot that had no direct line of sight to where the dish needed to be pointed, so I was unable to get Directv. I wonder if that may be a loophole.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

DTV can put one about anywhere....and will run the cable into your house. But make sure you are there for installation, they will take shortcuts if not.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

808vikingsfan wrote: DTV requires a 1.2m dish in Hawaii. It's big, heavy and takes up a lot of space. Had my dish moved to a pole mount in my backyard at my previous residence after reroofing. Rarely used the yard after. It just gets in the way of everything (we don't have big yards here).

Cool to see you're flying the Mason Jennings flag. I saw him live in his early days several times. Talented guy.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

This year probably not but in three years time when we are one of the NFL best and destroying the Packers and
other teams... THAT WILL CHANGE :smilevike: SKOL
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Good. We stink in prime time. I'd rather play a Sunday noon road game than a prime time home game.
I'm sure if I'd look at our Thursday, Sunday and Monday night records I'd puke.

:wallbang:
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

NextQuestion wrote:Didn't we beat Washington in "prime time" this year?
By the same token, the Giants beat us 23-7 and made us look like children out there.

:oops: