Left Guard Ideas

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleScout
Backup

Left Guard Ideas

Post by PurpleScout »

Am I crazy??? This guy would solidify our line and put Zimmer to the test. A 1 year prove it contract?

www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3291/richie-incognito :roll:
KSViking
Veteran

Re: Left Guard Ideas

Post by KSViking »

PurpleScout wrote:Am I crazy??? This guy would solidify our line and put Zimmer to the test. A 1 year prove it contract?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/329 ... -incognito :roll:
There is a whole thread dedicated to Incognito somewhere around here.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

KSViking wrote: There is a whole thread dedicated to Incognito somewhere around here.
It's locked.

And to the OP, yep, you're a little crazy...or a lot. :D

Too much baggage; he's not worth it, considering all that comes along with him. Not even close. NOPE.
Loki
Veteran

Post by Loki »

you're only half crazy, he would help our line... but there is 0% chance this happens. He's 30 years old and if we were gonna sign him we would've signed him instead of Charlie Johnson. I think they are comfortable with Jeff Baca, Charlie Johnson and likely someone in the draft competing for that spot.
ON TO VALHALLA
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Forget what everyone else is talking about. You are not crazy. We are Vikings fans. No Vikings fan, let alone coaches have yet to put together the right players to make this team champions.

But there was a thread made about this already and I agree with everyone else. No for Richie Incognito. It's worth thinking about since all we have is Charlie Johnson, who is as horrible as it can get. But I don't think Incognito will pan out here. It's not that good in my opinion.
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

PurpleScout wrote:Am I crazy??? This guy would solidify our line and put Zimmer to the test. A 1 year prove it contract?

I'd rather lose without him than win with him.

That guy makes me sick, and I could care less how good a football player he is. I don't want to see him in the league, let alone on a team I root for.
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

I should add that we totally need a left guard. This is a gaping, gaping hole, and I still don't understand why Johnson cost so much to re-sign. He's terrible.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I wish we would go after Wharton. We inquired about him but never pulled the trigger. I know he is older and that could very well be why we didn't sign him but he is still a solid OG for age 33. He would be a good bridge so we dont have to assess OG in the draft and let Baca learn under him
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

DanAS wrote: I'd rather lose without him than win with him.

That guy makes me sick, and I could care less how good a football player he is. I don't want to see him in the league, let alone on a team I root for.
I would rather win a Super Bowl than anything, and if it took Ritchie Incognito to accomplish that, I'd definitely be down with it. Football isn't about morals, it's about winning.