MLB Choice

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleScout
Backup

MLB Choice

Post by PurpleScout »

I know we have a ton of Free Agent threads but we need one that discusses one of our most dire needs. MLB! I am sorry but we have nobody on roster including Cole & Mauti that are capeable of manning this position the way it needs to be. Especially if we go with Zimmer's defense.

I see that the Patriots have soured on Spikes because he won't toe the Patriot company line. Perfect Zimmer player cause neither does he. This kid is 26 and a beast.

Another guy could be the kid from Cincinatti, Vincent Rey. Knows the defense and could start making the calls right out of the gate!

Thoughts?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: MLB Choice

Post by Mothman »

PurpleScout wrote:I know we have a ton of Free Agent threads but we need one that discusses one of our most dire needs. MLB! I am sorry but we have nobody on roster including Cole & Mauti that are capeable of manning this position the way it needs to be. Especially if we go with Zimmer's defense.

I see that the Patriots have soured on Spikes because he won't toe the Patriot company line. Perfect Zimmer player cause neither does he. This kid is 26 and a beast.

Another guy could be the kid from Cincinatti, Vincent Rey. Knows the defense and could start making the calls right out of the gate!

Thoughts?
I'm thinking there's no reason that couldn't have been posted in this thread:

http://www.vikingsmessageboard.com/view ... 6&start=90

Spikes seems pretty shaky in pass defense., although he's strong against the run. I'm not sure he's what the Vikes need. Rey's a possibility but then, I think it's too early to rule out Mauti (or even Cole, for that matter).
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote: I'm thinking there's no reason that couldn't have been posted in this thread:

Spikes seems pretty shaky in pass defense., although he's strong against the run. I'm not sure he's what the Vikes need. Rey's a possibility but then, I think it's too early to rule out Mauti (or even Cole, for that matter).
If Mauti is healthy and Cole comes back healthy MLB problem solved. There are bigger fish to fry.
Last edited by Purple bruise on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple bruise wrote:If Mauti is healthy MLB problem solved. Or at least I hope.
I'm not willing to go there yet either but he does have that kind of potential.
PurpleScout
Backup

Post by PurpleScout »

I disagree guys but I respect your opinion on it. I just feel we need someone who is proven in this position and take care of other areas through the draft or with lower tier free agents. That is why I think Rey can come in and start immediately and call the defenses that he knows already. In all honesty I would like to see Cole move over to WLB and put Greenway SLB. I think doing this would give us abetter run defense and a better pass rush on blitzes.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote:I'm thinking there's no reason that couldn't have been posted in this thread:

Agreed, lets move the discussion to there.