2014 Free Agent Tracker & Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: 2014 Free Agent Tracker & Discussion

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Andrew Krammer ‏@Andrew_Krammer 1m

Munnerlyn said Jasper Brinkley helped recruit him, said he will try and do the same for Melton.
How dare anyone talk smack about Jasper!!! He's helping us already :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: How dare anyone talk smack about Jasper!!! He's helping us already :lol:
Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Vikings signed CB Derek Cox, formerly of the Chargers, to a one-year contract.
Cox was one of the top free-agent corners last March and signed a four-year, $20 million deal with the Chargers. He was flat-out awful and got his walking papers earlier this month. With the Jaguars from 2009-2012, Cox flashed No. 1 abilities. If he's to resurrect his career, going to Minnesota and playing for Mike Zimmer is the spot. Cox could start opposite Xavier Rhodes, with Captain Munnerlyn in the slot. Cox is still only 27
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5321/derek-cox
PurpleScout
Backup

Post by PurpleScout »

Vikings signed CB Derek Cox, formerly of the Chargers, to a one-year contract.
Cox was one of the top free-agent corners last March and signed a four-year, $20 million deal with the Chargers. He was flat-out awful and got his walking papers earlier this month. With the Jaguars from 2009-2012, Cox flashed No. 1 abilities. If he's to resurrect his career, going to Minnesota and playing for Mike Zimmer is the spot. Cox could start opposite Xavier Rhodes, with Captain Munnerlyn in the slot. Cox is still only 27.

This may end up being a steal if Zimmer can work his reclamation project voodoo on this guy. If not it is only a year and hopefully we have drafted his replacement.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Bring James Harrison in here for some leadership!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Cox is solid depth. It's only a 1 year contract so its not that big of a deal but the good thing is, we all know he has the ability. Maybe he was just in the wrong system in San Diego. Zimmer has been known to make nobody's into somebody's
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

according to twitter, Vikings lining up a visit with Vladimir Ducasse after he visits Cincinnati
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Demi wrote:Bring James Harrison in here for some leadership!
I think he's done. Guy will be 36 next season and his numbers took a nose dive last season.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: No risk signing. If he can reclaim how he played in Jax we have another piece to the CB problem. If not, you cut him, no harm no foul.

I think this signing could seal the deal on Cook not returning, if it wasn't already.
Agree 100%. Low risk, possible high reward signing.
-Chazz Palminteri
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Mothman wrote: LOL! I've spent my whole life in Chicago Bears territory so I know what you mean but you're right, it's just perception and over the years, I've grown to understand and accept that. It's helped my blood pressure.
Hey. People in my town are the biggest football fans I've ever seen. Or should I say "futbol"? But it's great being here for the NFL season, when the 3 pm games are all evening games for me, and game pass is pretty cheap.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

CB Captain Munnerlyn has four pick sixes over the past two seasons.
Things I like to hear!
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

What's the status on Henry Melton?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

King James wrote:What's the status on Henry Melton?
Overnighting in town. Brinkley and Captain are apparently trying to help the recruitment effort (both are SC alumnus).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Overnighting in town. Brinkley and Captain are apparently trying to help the recruitment effort (both are SC alumnus).

HEard anything on Kevin Williams? Just out of curiosity.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
HEard anything on Kevin Williams? Just out of curiosity.
I haven't seen anything, but I'd speculate that Williams would be probably a backup plan to Melton. If Melton signs, I wouldn't expect Williams back unless he was still looking for a job in training camp and we experienced an injury.