4 former vikes get SB rings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

4 former vikes get SB rings

Post by OJVIKE »

1.harvin
2.rice
3.farwell
4.and this one hurts to even post....T-JACK.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 4 former vikes get SB rings

Post by PurpleMustReign »

And Darell Bevel.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Good for them. Even Harvin...I guess. :x
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

OJVIKE wrote:1.harvin
2.rice
3.farwell
4.and this one hurts to even post....T-JACK.
Bevell deserves it at least. The rest...if not persistently hurt or warming a bench, maybe. On the other hand, there are plenty of other players in the league you could swap with them and no one would care or notice.
-Rus
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Funkytown wrote:Good for them. Even Harvin...I guess. :x
I don't understand the hate for Harvin. He played great while he was here (too good maybe, he kept Ponder around too long), and we got great value for him, considering he is injury prone. Hes also one of the most dynamic players in the entire NFL. Plus, who wouldn't want to throw a weight at Childress, think about it.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I don't understand the hate for Harvin.
Getting banged up every game, whining like a baby, and forcing a trade off the team?
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Demi wrote: Getting banged up every game, whining like a baby, and forcing a trade off the team?
:point:

Pretty much summed it up. :)
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Do not tell me that Harvin did anything that CP/Flash could not or has not already done. He is younger, stronger and bigger than Harvin plus the Vikes still have a 3rd round pick this year from the trade. :rock:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Don't forget Pete Caroll and Steven Hauschka.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

[quote="PurpleKoolaid"][quote="Funkytown"]Good for them. Even Harvin...I guess. :x[/quote]

I don't understand the hate for Harvin. He played great while he was here (too good maybe, he kept Ponder around too long), and we got great value for him, considering he is injury prone. Hes also one of the most dynamic players in the entire NFL. Plus, who wouldn't want to throw a weight at Childress, think about it.[/quote]

:point Harvin could flat out play and he was not consistently injured until his last season with the Vikes. He apparently was willing to say in front of team and management that Ponder could not play before the higher ups. Bottom line, he's a difference maker. A coach like Bud Grant would have taken it as his job to get the most out of him. Funny, Pete Carroll and the Seahawks along with Percy Harvin have Super Bowl glory. The Vikings have nothing. There just might be a correlation. LOL.
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

hard to believe a coach other than ours was dumb enough to kick it within 30 yards of Harvin in that situation...just unbelievable.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

CalVike wrote: :point Harvin could flat out play and he was not consistently injured until his last season with the Vikes. He apparently was willing to say in front of team and management that Ponder could not play before the higher ups. Bottom line, he's a difference maker. A coach like Bud Grant would have taken it as his job to get the most out of him. Funny, Pete Carroll and the Seahawks along with Percy Harvin have Super Bowl glory. The Vikings have nothing. There just might be a correlation. LOL.
Harvin had NOTHING to do with the Seahawks going to the Super Bowl. Zero/Zilch.

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

Purple bruise wrote: Harvin had NOTHING to do with the Seahawks going to the Super Bowl. Zero/Zilch.
True, but his TD return broke the back of any chance at a comeback. That iced it.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Webbfann wrote: True, but his TD return broke the back of any chance at a comeback. That iced it.
Oh, it was over way before that, my friend.

Funny thing, right as the safety happened I said, "Wow. I feel a blowout coming..."

Boom! I watch too much football!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Webbfann wrote: True, but his TD return broke the back of any chance at a comeback. That iced it.
That game was loooong over before he returned that kick.