'Rick Spielman' the Vikings For a Day: NFL Draft Simulator

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Veteran

Re: 'Rick Spielman' the Vikings For a Day: NFL Draft Simulat

Post by Loki »

Jackal at least try and be realistic when it comes to posting mock drafts. your first 5 picks are likely all first rounders and at minimum second rounders.
ON TO VALHALLA
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

It just occurred to me that the simulator doesn't have compensatory picks, I think once that's added you won't see some of these guys available in the later rounds.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

S197 wrote:It just occurred to me that the simulator doesn't have compensatory picks, I think once that's added you won't see some of these guys available in the later rounds.
I don't think it's going to make a huge difference, tbh. Their rankings are so horribly outdated and the logic the simulator uses is so poor, I don't think it'll change much. The simulator is fun, I just wish they invested a little more time into it.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

saint33 wrote: I don't think it's going to make a huge difference, tbh. Their rankings are so horribly outdated and the logic the simulator uses is so poor, I don't think it'll change much. The simulator is fun, I just wish they invested a little more time into it.
It'll never be perfect but it seems to be improving. You can't get Hageman in the 2nd anymore like you could just about every other time. For the most part the top 8 seem to be a little more consistent or at least more in line with the mocks right now. I think the later rounds are still way off but those are a lot harder to predict too.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

3 times in a row I got Teddy in the first. Something changed, before its was a little closer. JFB still going in top 5.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Jackal at least try and be realistic when it comes to posting mock drafts. your first 5 picks are likely all first rounders and at minimum second rounders.
CBS sports top 200 list says different plus a few guys slide every year and I am an optimist I quess
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

jackal wrote: CBS sports top 200 list says different plus a few guys slide every year and I am an optimist I quess

Don't mean this offensively, but CBS sports top 200 list has all of your first 5 picks in their top 43 players. So it doesn't really say different at all, in fact the list literally says the projected round beside each player. Dennard and Jernigan both say 1st round, Shazier and Yankey say 1st or 2nd round and Murphy says 2nd round.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Don't mean this offensively, but CBS sports top 200 list has all of your first 5 picks in their top 43 players. So it doesn't really say different at all, in fact the list literally says the projected round beside each player. Dennard and Jernigan both say 1st round, Shazier and Yankey say 1st or 2nd round and Murphy says 2nd round.
No worries i know what you mean by the lists .. I meant to switch Yankey OG to the pick before it but someone posted the list right
after I made it. The next few months players will drop and rise an incredible amount. Also two I hate to have pointless arguments about
something that is pointless anyways. Most of us huge Vikings( god only knows why; I wonder sometimes..)
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Ran the sim with the updated data. Have to say, this is by far my favorite to date:

8 OLB KHALIL MACK BUFFALO
40 G DAVID YANKEY STANFORD
72 ILB SHAYNE SKOV STANFORD
96 QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO EASTERN ILLINOIS
104 DT DAQUAN JONES PENN STATE
136 S DION BAILEY USC
168 RB DRI ARCHER KENT STATE
200 QB CONNOR SHAW SOUTH CAROLINA
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

S197 wrote:Ran the sim with the updated data. Have to say, this is by far my favorite to date:

8 OLB KHALIL MACK BUFFALO
40 G DAVID YANKEY STANFORD
72 ILB SHAYNE SKOV STANFORD
96 QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO EASTERN ILLINOIS
104 DT DAQUAN JONES PENN STATE
136 S DION BAILEY USC
168 RB DRI ARCHER KENT STATE
200 QB CONNOR SHAW SOUTH CAROLINA
I could live with that draft. The trades prior to the draft and the free agent signings, as we all know, will greatly influence how this draft plays out. I think that the Vikes with their high Salary cap, drafting in a decent position (8) posibillities of moving back, getting additional picks and still drafting a "starter" seems very optimal for a really promising 2014 campaign. :rock:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

This thing got a whole lot more fun and interesting. It now allows you to accept trades, make trades and pick from 3 different player rankings.

And it's free until Thursday morning.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Well, I just tried out the premium version. I used Walterfootball's big board. I accepted a trade from Baltimore. They gave me their first (17th), 2nd round, 6th round, and a future pick for my first round pick (8). That was too good of a trade to pass up. I did trade up in the 5th round with Houston. I gave up my 5th round pick and my 7th round pick for their 5th round pick. I used that pick to draft Will Sutton.

Here is how I drafted:

Baltimore took Sammny Watkins at eight FWIW.

ILB C.J. MOSLEY
ALABAMA

LB RYAN SHAZIER
OHIO STATE

CB JASON VERRETT
TCU

QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO
EASTERN ILLINOIS

DE MARCUS SMITH
LOUISVILLE

RB DEVONTA FREEMAN
FLORIDA STATE

DT WILL SUTTON
ARIZONA STATE

QB AARON MURRAY
GEORGIA

WR JOSH HUFF
OREGON
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

I traded with Dallas (I think) at 13 to gain some additional picks and again in the 3rd with the Jets. I also used the Walter football player eval.

#13 Sammy Watkins WR

#40 Dee Ford DE

#44 Jason Verrett CB

#72 Chris Borland ILB

#104 Dominique Easley DT

#111 Will Sutton DT

#142 James White RB

#168 Brett Smith QB

#200 T.J. Jones WR

#210 Conner Shaw QB
This is addicting!!
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cool new feature although it would be better if you could accept a trade when you're on the clock. Anyway, I decided to trade down with Baltimore, picking up their 2nd, 3rd, and 6th. Baltimore traded up for Robinson.

#17 CB JUSTIN GILBERT OKLAHOMA STATE

#40 CB JASON VERRETT TCU

#48 QB ZACH METTENBERGER LSU

Traded up with San Diego, gave them the late round 3rd and a 6th to move up 7 spots.

#72 ILB CHRISTIAN JONES FLORIDA STATE

#79 DT DOMINIQUE EASLEY FLORIDA

#89 WR MARTAVIS BRYANT CLEMSON

#104 S ED REYNOLDS STANFORD

#136 DT DANIEL MCCULLERS TENNESSEE

#178 RB STORM JOHNSON UCF

#200 QB CONNOR SHAW SOUTH CAROLINA
Loki
Veteran

Post by Loki »

S197 wrote:Cool new feature although it would be better if you could accept a trade when you're on the clock.
You can propose a trade when you're on the clock. Same thing as accepting just remember who wanted to trade with you and offer them same deal.
ON TO VALHALLA