'Rick Spielman' the Vikings For a Day: NFL Draft Simulator

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 'Rick Spielman' the Vikings For a Day: NFL Draft Simulat

Post by Texas Vike »

headless_norseman wrote:

I see what you're trying to say. But Watkins is no Moss - not even close. It's not even up for A discussion.
It's a little premature to make that kind of a statement, don't you think?

This is an extremely deep WR class. I wouldn't mind one of our 3rd rounders going to the position.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

8 ILB C.J. MOSLEY
ALABAMA

40 S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIX
ALABAMA

72 DE JACKSON JEFFCOAT
TEXAS

96 CB JAYLEN WATKINS
FLORIDA

104 RB CARLOS HYDE
OHIO STATE

136 QB AARON MURRAY
GEORGIA

168 G KADEEM EDWARDS
TENNESSEE STATE

DT JAY BROMLEY
SYRACUSE
That simulator is addicting. I picked everyone from Manziel to Sammy Watkins to Barr, Mack, and Mosley, and Dennard with the #8 pick.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

CbusVikesFan wrote:8 ILB C.J. MOSLEY
ALABAMA

40 S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIX
ALABAMA

72 DE JACKSON JEFFCOAT
TEXAS

96 CB JAYLEN WATKINS
FLORIDA

104 RB CARLOS HYDE
OHIO STATE

136 QB AARON MURRAY
GEORGIA

168 G KADEEM EDWARDS
TENNESSEE STATE

DT JAY BROMLEY
SYRACUSE
That simulator is addicting. I picked everyone from Manziel to Sammy Watkins to Barr, Mack, and Mosley, and Dennard with the #8 pick.
If we had this draft, I would shave my head and tattoo the Vikings logo on it. That draft is sweet.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

WR SAMMY WATKINS
CLEMSON
S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIX
ALABAMA
DT RA’SHEDE HAGEMAN
MINNESOTA
CB STANLEY JEAN- BAPTISTE
NEBRASKA
ILB YAWIN SMALLWOOD
UCONN
QB DAVID FALES
SAN JOSE STATE
RB JAMES WILDER JR.
FLORIDA STATE
G TRAI TURNER
LSU
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

PurpleMustReign wrote: If we had this draft, I would shave my head and tattoo the Vikings logo on it. That draft is sweet.

Thank you. My war room exploded when Dix was there at 40. :lol: I was eyeing Murray to see how far he climbed up the board and he was still down a bit so I took a chance and snagged Hyde before Murray. Admitting that I really don't know much about the bulk of the draft but the first few rounds I think it worked out pretty good in purple. 8) If the Vikings needs some assistance with the draft, I am available. :smilevike: :lol: :point: :lol:
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Thanks everyone for posting your results! Hopefully we can keep this going throughout the offseason. It will be fun to see how everything will change as the months progress.

I am seeing a few drafts with Sammy Watkins as the pick. Personally, I would LOVE Watkins on the Vikings. I question as to whether or not Rick Spielman would draft Watkins if we was available at 8 though. I know that if I was picking I would.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Watkins is a bona fide top 5, probably top 3 pick. I think he won't last, especially after he puts up crazy combine numbers (which he will) but if he's there at #8 and assuming there's no other issues (injuries, more drugs, etc.) I would be fine with the pick. The guy is crazy athletic, elite hands, and runs solid routes. Mack is intriguing but he seems to be lost in no man's land, it's so difficult to project what type of position he would play and how Zimmer would be able to use him. I don't know that he would make that much of an impact. Same with Mosely. I'm really worried that the Vikings take Carr with the 8th, if that's the scenario, I'd MUCH rather have Watkins or trade down.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

S197 wrote:Watkins is a bona fide top 5, probably top 3 pick. I think he won't last, especially after he puts up crazy combine numbers (which he will) but if he's there at #8 and assuming there's no other issues (injuries, more drugs, etc.) I would be fine with the pick. The guy is crazy athletic, elite hands, and runs solid routes. Mack is intriguing but he seems to be lost in no man's land, it's so difficult to project what type of position he would play and how Zimmer would be able to use him. I don't know that he would make that much of an impact. Same with Mosely. I'm really worried that the Vikings take Carr with the 8th, if that's the scenario, I'd MUCH rather have Watkins or trade down.
He reminds me too much of Maclin and all his hype (what a disappointment he was/is) I do not think that there is any chance the Vikes would take him if he were available. If there is no QB there then they need to go defense all the way.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Purple bruise wrote: He reminds me too much of Maclin and all his hype (what a disappointment he was/is) I do not think that there is any chance the Vikes would take him if he were available. If there is no QB there then they need to go defense all the way.
what Maclin hype? He was no where near the WR that Watkins is, and Maclin was barely considered a top 10 prospect. And he hasn't had that disappointing a career, he's been a solid player for the Eagles, outside of his injury this season.

But Watkins is a lot closer to a AJ Green then he is a Maclin. He might be the safest pick in this draft as far as you know you'll get a great WR when you take him. DeAndre Hopkins was a first rounder last year who had a nice rookie season and Watkins was clearly better than he was when they were on the same team.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Jeffbleedspurple wrote:In 1998 I don't think the defense was as dysfunctional as our 2013 defense, I think the decision will and should be made by not the best available, but the best available to fill desperate holes, that would be our entire defense and QB, with Patterson, Jennings, Wright, Simpson and Rudolph I think were good to go. A lot on this depends on who the Vikings resign and who they pick up in the FA cookie gar.

I would love to see an air attack in 2014 like we had in 1998, but we got to do something with that mess of a defense 1st, QB 2nd.
Maybe the defense was slightly better, but that offense threw teams into one dimentional mode in 98. I wouldn't say there is a wide gap. Now in 2014 there may be a wide gap, if they lose Allen and Griffen. The quarterback situation was better, and admittedly we got lucky with Cunningham. The one thing tho, it's tough paying 2 top WRs, so if Patterson developes and Watkins panned out they would be putting a lot of the cap to 2 WRs, who can be shut down by a great defense in the playoffs.
This space available for rent.
vikesfan87
All Pro Elite Player

Post by vikesfan87 »

8. Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
40. Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
72. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois
96. Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina
104. Ahmad Dixon, S, Baylor
136. Storm Johnson, RB, UCF
168. Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford
200. Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

saint33 wrote: what Maclin hype? He was no where near the WR that Watkins is, and Maclin was barely considered a top 10 prospect. And he hasn't had that disappointing a career, he's been a solid player for the Eagles, outside of his injury this season.

But Watkins is a lot closer to a AJ Green then he is a Maclin. He might be the safest pick in this draft as far as you know you'll get a great WR when you take him. DeAndre Hopkins was a first rounder last year who had a nice rookie season and Watkins was clearly better than he was when they were on the same team.
What Maclin Hype :?: 2009 NFL Draft
"Maclin was considered a top National Football League prospect following his second season, and roommate Sean Weatherspoon hoped to convince Maclin to return for his junior year instead of leaving Missouri for the 2009 NFL Draft.Weatherspoon’s efforts were unsuccessful, and on January 9, 2009, Maclin declared for the 2009 NFL Draft. Draft analyst Mel Kiper projected Maclin to go to the Oakland Raiders with the seventh pick in the first round." There were lots of Viking fans clamouring for the Vikes to take him with their first pick. He was drafted in the ist round (19) by the Eagles and has had an injury filled career with a little than better average stats.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Well here is my attempt, please consider I have no real idea what I am doing past about the third round.

WR SAMMY WATKINS
CLEMSON

S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIX
ALABAMA

DE JACKSON JEFFCOAT
TEXAS

QB ZACH METTENBERGER
LSU

DT DAQUAN JONES
PENN STATE

ILB LAMIN BARROW
LSU

CB RASHAAD REYNOLDS
OREGON STATE

G BRANDON LINDER
MIAMI
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I only drafted through round 3 but this is what I came up with on my first try:

8 OLB KHALIL MACK, BUFFALO

40 CB JASON VERRETT, TCU

72 DT RA’SHEDE HAGEMAN, MINNESOTA

96 QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO, EASTERN ILLINOIS

I'm not a draft die-hard so I'm still in the midst of learning about a lot of the players available. In my mock, Manziel lasted all the way to pick 39, one pick before I made my second round choice. I was ready to select him at pick #40. Heck, I was tempted to take him #8.

I almost passed on Garoppolo in R3 and if I'd chosen to do a full draft, I might have passed and selected him later (if available) or taken a shot with Aaron Murray.

This draft simulator site could get addictive.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote:I only drafted through round 3 but this is what I came up with on my first try:

8 OLB KHALIL MACK, BUFFALO

40 CB JASON VERRETT, TCU

72 DT RA’SHEDE HAGEMAN, MINNESOTA

96 QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO, EASTERN ILLINOIS

I'm not a draft die-hard so I'm still in the midst of learning about a lot of the players available. In my mock, Manziel lasted all the way to pick 39, one pick before I made my second round choice. I was ready to select him at pick #40. Heck, I was tempted to take him #8.

I almost passed on Garoppolo in R3 and if I'd chosen to do a full draft, I might have passed and selected him later (if available) or taken a shot with Aaron Murray.

This draft simulator site could get addictive.
I hear ya. It reminds me of whatifsports.com or whatever thst site was.