I come in peace (Bears vs Vikings)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

TheWinman
Waterboy

Re: I come in peace (Bears vs Vikings)

Post by TheWinman »

Purplemania wrote:
They did a horrible job run blocking after the big run. That is partly due to DET selling out to stop the run as they filled every gap and played downhill to stop AD. Pass blocking wasn't spectacular either, but it can be largely attributed to Ponder running into defenders and having happy feet. I'll give it to DET's front 4 though as they are crazy talented. I'll be expecting the Bears to do the same thing the Lions did vs. our offense. Have the DLine penetrate, LB control the gaps and play downhill to stop Peterson, and have DB's sit back and reap the benefit of Ponder.

I hope Kalil can hold up Peppers. Kalil hasn't been doing too dandy since the start of preseason till now either. Melton is going to eat out week guards up. Sully might still be hurt from from Suh's dirty shot to his knees. Speaking of Peppers, I'm curious to know what you think of the guy? Has he been worth the big contract you guys signed him too? For me, I've always liked Peppers, but thought he was kind of overrated, much like Jared Allen.

The fanbase doesn't want to see Cassel at QB, but rather want to see Ponder do well. I would say 80% of us believe Ponder isn't the future anymore, but overall Ponder probably still gives us the best chance to win….maybe. If anything, we just can't wait to see if Ponder will reek his way out of the team or if he'll be "the guy". Last Sunday definitely proved, or I should rather say reinforced, the idea that he is nothing more than a qualified back up.
I'm very happy we have Peppers but I don't think he has preformed up to his contract at all. I realize he is double teamed a great amount of the time so even if the stats are not always there, he is being effective. But like this last game he had a backup tackle on him and Peppers was shut out, no tackles, nothing! He gets big bump in pay next year, so it will be interesting to see what the front office does.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Just read the threads on this board, you'll think you are playing a bunch of 9yr old flag football castoffs by about the 5th thread there is so much doom and gloom on here right now.

I'm curious to see how our rushing attack bounces back after last weeks debacle in the trenches. Will be interesting to see how Trestman goes after our Front 7 after what Linehan exposed. Also be of interest to see how our group does in terms of correcting the issues. Lots of stuff top to bottom on defense that isn't being talked about on here right now due to the Ponder Bashing Bandwagon. (Hop on, don't cost nuthin!)
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
RandallioCobb18
Starter

Post by RandallioCobb18 »

Bearsareback wrote:It's just some gayboys from CCS. Nothing to do with the Vikings.
Man, that forum sucks.

Just a conglomeration of ignorant homers that want to pat themselves on the back, marinate in their own stupidity, jump all over you, and don't allow you to get a word in when you don't bow down to the "mighty" Bears.
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

RandallioCobb18 wrote: Man, that forum sucks.

Just a conglomeration of ignorant homers that want to pat themselves on the back, marinate in their own stupidity, jump all over you, and don't allow you to get a word in when you don't bow down to the "mighty" Bears.

That's rich-- a Packer fan in a Vikings forum trying to start a forum war between a Vikings Forum and a Chicago forum.

Hey Bears fans-- don't bite...
Craig S
RandallioCobb18
Starter

Post by RandallioCobb18 »

cstelter wrote:
That's rich-- a Packer fan in a Vikings forum trying to start a forum war between a Vikings Forum and a Chicago forum.

Hey Bears fans-- don't bite...

Forum war? Why would you think I want some kind of "Forum war"? I'm afraid I'm not hardcore enough for that kind of thuggin. :)

I don't have a problem with Bears fans, just that forum, it clearly isn't even close to to the now defunct CBMB, as far is intelligent conversation goes. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to not be cussed out from 4 different posters on that forums.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

This thread seems like a good place for this:

Allen: Vikings' struggles in Chicago 'embarrassing
The Vikings’ recent futility in Chicago is not lost on Minnesota Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen.

To find the Vikings’ last win at Soldier Field you have to go all the way back to October 14, 2007 -- a 34-31 final that featured Adrian Peterson, then a rookie, rushing for 224 yards, the second highest total of his career.

Since that signature Peterson performance, the Bears have won five straight at home against their NFC North rivals and six of the last seven in the overall series.

“Goodness, we haven’t won since 2007, I think,” Allen said. “It’s got to change to be honest. It’s embarrassing. It’s annoying. We can take the same team and bring them back to the dome and be successful against them.
How bad has it been?
The last three meetings between the two teams in Chicago haven’t even been close, with the Bears outscoring the Vikings by a combined 94-33.
I sat in the stands and watched each of those lousy games. I'm hoping for a much better performance (and a win) by the Vikes this weekend!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

The Vikings are due. This game should show if are coaches are any good. Our big money guys need to step it up. On paper, I don't think the Bears are that much better, but they do have home field.
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

Purplemania wrote: Right now chances of us winning is roughly 23.342%.
Optimist! I put our chanes at *no* more than 23.34198%
Craig S
TheWinman
Waterboy

Post by TheWinman »

RandallioCobb18 wrote: Man, that forum sucks.

It can pretty brutal on there, it's just a small group of them, most are nice people. They are either rude or they will GIF you to death. haha
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

After sunday we will be 0-2. Not a prayer, not a chance we win this game. Our only hope is AD going off the rails for 400 yards.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Laserman wrote:After sunday we will be 0-2. Not a prayer, not a chance we win this game. Our only hope is AD going off the rails for 400 yards.
Have some faith man. I agree we will be the underdogs in this game but I wouldn't go as far as into saying we don't have a chance. A lot of you are acting like the season is already over. It's going to be a tough game, no doubt. However, if our O-Line and backs fail to block, Adrian Peterson probably wont even be able to do much.

We're going to need way more protection than we did last week to get anything going. Our RB needs lanes to open, our QB needs to feel comfortable around the pocket, and I can honestly say to be fair the O-Line didn't make things any better. Everyone except Charlie Johnson seem to struggle against that Lions front. But things like that I think is fixable.

Lets just hope we can get better production from these guys Sunday, because as bad as you claim we're going to be 0-2, on that same day you're going to be rooting for them to pull out the W. All we can do now is hope. :govikes:
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

it would take short of a miracle for the vikings to win at soldier field next week. we haven't won there since 2007 and unless the vikings somehow make a huge comeback and play out of their minds and a near perfect game, I don't see them giving the bears much competition.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

WE WILL WIN BECAUSE OUR IDIOT QB IS AMAZING AND IS GETTING BETTER EVERY WEEK QUIT BEING HATERS!!! JUST WATCH PONDER!!!
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Demi wrote:WE WILL WIN BECAUSE OUR IDIOT QB IS AMAZING AND IS GETTING BETTER EVERY WEEK QUIT BEING HATERS!!! JUST WATCH PONDER!!!
ahh crap someone hacked demi!
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Orion wrote:it would take short of a miracle for the vikings to win at soldier field next week. we haven't won there since 2007 and unless the vikings somehow make a huge comeback and play out of their minds and a near perfect game, I don't see them giving the bears much competition.
Ok so we beat the Bears back in 2007 with T-Joke leading the offense. Then I think we finish 8-8. That 2007 team wasn't all that great either, which is why we didn't get into the playoffs. If that roster can beat them, so we can we. Plus I think this team is better than the 07 team.