The positives

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Re: The positives

Post by NextQuestion »

Felton back week 4. I think he must serve 3 game suspension
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Eli wrote: I thought his suspension was for three games?
Nuts. You're right. I thought it was only two. Wishful thinking I suppose. Let's keep trodding Zach Line out there! :evil:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Week 2 Positives:

-Team health (no significant injuries)
-We get Felton back (in another week)
-Offensive line played the best they have all season in the second half (pass protection anyway)
-Ponder played his best football of the season in the second half
-Harrison Smith
-Patterson is a legit weapon on special teams
-Special teams KR blocking
-Locke had a better game (56.7 average on 3 punts, 2 downed inside the 20).
-2/2 on 4th down
-64 total plays
-Only 3 penalties
Plus more turnovers forced by the defense and a defensive TD for Robison!

There was a lot to like in this game and plenty to dislike as well (but that's for a different thread).
RandallioCobb18
Starter

Post by RandallioCobb18 »

Purple bruise wrote: Actually the Giants, most recently lost their first two games and went on to win the Super Bowl. I am not sure who those first two loses were against but I think it was Dallas and Green Bay.
ROFL.
So, after I educated you, and told you that the Giants went 0-2 to the Packers and Cowboys at the beginning of that year, you go back and edit your post specifically just to make it look like you knew in the first place?

Sad, just sad.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

So you're not trolling the Vikings forums huh?
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

]
Actually the Giants, most recently lost their first two games and went on to win the Super Bowl. I am not sure who those first two loses were against but I think it was Dallas and Green Bay.[/quote]

Randle Cob in his butt quoted,
ROFL.
So, after I educated you, and told you that the Giants went 0-2 to the Packers and Cowboys at the beginning of that year, you go back and edit your post specifically just to make it look like you knew in the first place?

Sad, just sad.[/quote]

That's not true jackhole you even quoted me when I said I think that is was the Packers and Cowboys read your first post brainiac (as if mattered) . Go back to your pukers forum you low life nothing else to do scab.
Last edited by Purple bruise on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

No one edited any posts that I saw.... We had this exchange that was hopelessly messed up from properly nested quotes, but it went like this:

Purple bruise wrote: Actually the Giants, most recently lost their first two games and went on to win the Super Bowl. I am not sure who those first two loses were against but I think it was Dallas and Green Bay.
Since you can only nest 3 quotes, we take that last one and carry on:
Purple bruise wrote: I think you are correct and then beat the Packers and went on to win the Super Bowl.
And then starting with the last two above we conclude with
RandallioCobb18 wrote: Lol, was that the closest feeling you ever had to a Vikings SuperBowl?
So that's the whole thread. No one edited any posts. All posts are consistent that I can see *except* for this one where RandallioCobb18 was way off base:
RandallioCobb18 wrote: Actually the Giants, most recently lost their first two games and went on to win the Super Bowl. I am not sure who those first two loses were against but I think it was Dallas and Green Bay.[/quote

The 2007 Giants lost to Dallas in week 1, and Green Bay in week 2.[/quote

I think you are correct and then beat the Packers and went on to win the Super Bowl.[/quote

Lol, was that the closest feeling you ever had to a Vikings SuperBowl?
Notice how Radallio misattributed my quote as though Purple Bruise said it, then failed to attribute the next two quotes to anyone. The only misquote I had to make above was to remove the close square braket on the close quote tokens, but above is an accurate representation of his post.

Then no one posts to this particular conversation until Randallio again contributes this about 5 hours later
RandallioCobb18 wrote: ROFL.

Sad, just sad.
Only one sad thing going on here-- Packer fan trying to stir things up.... sigh...
Craig S
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Thanks for clearing that up. The only thing worse than a Packer fan is a stupid trolling Packer fan.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
RandallioCobb18
Starter

Post by RandallioCobb18 »

Randle cob in his but. Nice one. Grow up when you get a chance.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Positive: Ponder played a role in a "C'Mon Man" on ESPN. It was when Briggs was going to lay him out, but he let up a bit and Ponder took him out instead. :) Then, Cris Carter gave love to the Vikings for their effort against the Bears.

We'll get 'em next week. I'm not one to guarantee things, but I can almost guarantee it. :lol:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

MelanieMFunk wrote:Positive: Ponder played a role in a "C'Mon Man" on ESPN. It was when Briggs was going to lay him out, but he let up a bit and Ponder took him out instead. :) Then, Cris Carter gave love to the Vikings for their effort against the Bears.

We'll get 'em next week. I'm not one to guarantee things, but I can almost guarantee it. :lol:
They played the Ravens tough. It wont be an easy game at all. Esp. if bad Ponder shows up. The home crown will be out for blood if that happens.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: They played the Ravens tough. It wont be an easy game at all. Esp. if bad Ponder shows up.
I know this, but it doesn't change my POSITIVE opinion and outlook. ;) The Vikings are going to win this game. :D We got this.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

MelanieMFunk wrote: I know this, but it doesn't change my POSITIVE opinion and outlook. ;) The Vikings are going to win this game. :D We got this.
I hope you are right. I am one of those guys whose whole week is ruined when the Vikings lose. It makes all the other games played just blah. And to a division rival it hurts so much more. And there have been so many the last 3 years. I cant even fake optimism. I am glad you can though )
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

My optimism isn't fake. It's all real, baby.

:govikes:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

MelanieMFunk wrote:My optimism isn't fake. It's all real, baby.

:govikes:
Ahh I worded that wrong, I didn't mean to imply yours wasn't real )