really???

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

clones2
Rookie

really???

Post by clones2 »

We pay 9 million a year for the Packers third best receiver... and with 2 first round picks we draft 2 players who wont have ANY impact on scoring more points. Maybe a new rookie nickel corner and someone to help with our already solid run defense.

HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO SCORE? Give it to AP I guess... Going to be really hard to stop our offense now...
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: really???

Post by PacificNorseWest »

clones2 wrote:We pay 9 million a year for the Packers third best receiver... and with 2 first round picks we draft 2 players who wont have ANY impact on scoring more points. Maybe a new rookie nickel corner and someone to help with our already solid run defense.

HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO SCORE? Give it to AP I guess... Going to be really hard to stop our offense now...
Shutup, dude. You don't have a clue.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

clones2 wrote:We pay 9 million a year for the Packers best receiver...
Fixed that for you

But ya...what PacificNorseWest said.
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

We addressed needs with both picks. That said, I REALLY wanted Patterson. I mean I really really wanted him. That's slightly selfish, though, since I'm a Vols fan. But I think he's going to be awesome.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

clones2 wrote:We pay 9 million a year for the Packers third best receiver... and with 2 first round picks we draft 2 players who wont have ANY impact on scoring more points. Maybe a new rookie nickel corner and someone to help with our already solid run defense.

Run D hasnt been great, Floyd is a great pick. Getting a CB is great too. If they trade up and get Patterson, Im on cloud 9.
This space available for rent.
clones2
Rookie

Post by clones2 »

REALLY?!?!?! Ive just been waiting all offseason for Rhodes and Floyd to take us to the next level. Our leagues worst passing offense.... is still going to be the leagues worst passing offense...

The NFL is a passing and SCORING league! We had 2 first round picks... and have barely improved the team.

The Vikings will be picked to finish at the bottom of the division at this point. Detroit has a better team than us at this point.
clones2
Rookie

Post by clones2 »

admvp wrote:We addressed needs with both picks. That said, I REALLY wanted Patterson. I mean I really really wanted him. That's slightly selfish, though, since I'm a Vols fan. But I think he's going to be awesome.
He wouldve been a good pick. I like Justin Hunter even more than Patterson!
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

There was only one receiver picked so far. ONE!...There's value going well into the 5th or 6th best receiver in this draft. They'll be fine.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

clones2 wrote:REALLY?!?!?! Ive just been waiting all offseason for Rhodes and Floyd to take us to the next level. Our leagues worst passing offense.... is still going to be the leagues worst passing offense...

The NFL is a passing and SCORING league! We had 2 first round picks... and have barely improved the team.

The Vikings will be picked to finish at the bottom of the division at this point. Detroit has a better team than us at this point.
The NFL is a passing league.. That's why we got a physical cornerback that will improve our pass defense? The two Tennesee receivers are still out there, along with Robert Woods.
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Exactly...Take the Hawks as a model what big and physical corners can do for your D.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

clones2 wrote:The NFL is a passing and SCORING league! We had 2 first round picks... and have barely improved the team.
A SCORING league? What does that even mean? Isn't EVERY sport a scoring league? I'm confused. Are you thinking of the Arena Football League? Because we follow the NFL here...a big part of the game is STOPPING the other team from scoring.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

None of the WRs are worth a first round pick...
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

clones2 wrote:The NFL is a passing and SCORING league! We had 2 first round picks... and have barely improved the team.
I'm not coach or anything but last I checked it takes a good defense to stop someone from scoring.

The Vikings have 9 more picks, you might not have to jump off the ledge quite yet. Floyd was mentioned as a top 5 pick by multiple people and as the best player in the draft by Cosell, they were BPA picks.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Demi wrote:None of the WRs are worth a first round pick...
it's really that simple. although one of my favorite parts of the year is logging on on draft night to listen to people immidiately whine about every pick.

we needed help on defense and offense. the value we just got at dt and cb appears to be MUCH better than the value we would have gotten at wr. this isn't madden.... :lol:
i'm ready for a beer.
PurpleJarl
Starter

Post by PurpleJarl »

YAY your premature rant ends!