State of the NFC North

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandallioCobb18
Starter

Re: State of the NFC North

Post by RandallioCobb18 »

NextQuestion wrote:What is the over/under this Randallicobb18 kid became a fan in 2010?

I was at the bar the other night and I had some idiot try to tell me the Packers would still go to the super bowl and win it even if Rodgers went down week 1. I bet you're that kind of guy. He went to say "As long as we have Clay Matthews we'll always be contenders". For the 1 play a game he makes where he gets to flex his muscles he gets worked over pretty hard.
Whoever you talked to at the bar was clearly intoxicated, or just down right stupid.

I've been a fan since birth, been through it all, SB win, SB loss, 4th and 26, 2007 NFC championship, you can call me anything you want but the one thing that isnt in question is my fan hood.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Do you have a stinger loss? I mean 4th & 26th was epic but not nearly as epic as 41-0.

That same group of people at the bar said "Eli Manning is lucky every time he has played the Packers recently and he's not elite". Does the GB nation hate Eli? I mean...I guess he's been pretty successful vs GB in important games but I credit Giants D for shutting down the offense the last two times
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
RandallioCobb18
Starter

mondry wrote: Just wanted to say that I hope you can keep your cool! It's nice seeing different opinions around here, even ones from *gasp* a packer fan, we've had a few before but eventually it get's heated defending each others teams and 10 times out of 10 it's the packer fan that gets banned for "trolling."

I do agree with this though, I wish we had a 3rd down back, like a jahvid best that wasn't injury prone, someone who can be a change of pace and a bigger threat in the passing game. With Toby, you're putting much just putting a worse version of Adrian on the field. :(
Thanks! And I hope I can keep my cool as well, in fact I think I may have gone a little over board in this thread as it is! Haha, I really am not here to 'troll' or annoy Vikings fans, and I try to defend my team but keep things civil and not over extend my welcome, but thats easier said then done, as I said I think I may have even taken a step farther then I should have in this thread, but at least if I end up crossing the line and getting banned, there will be one less Packer "troll" creepin round here. :D Although I think I do a pretty good job of keeping in mind that this is, in fact, a Vikings board, and I am only a visitor here, at least most of the time. Were all passionate about our teams and chances are you folk feel the same way about the Vikes as I do about the Pack.

Haha, believe it or not, I hope the Packers can nab Gerhart whenever his contract is up, I doubt it would happen but it be nice to take one your players for a change rather than vice versa! :D He may not be much to you guys, but to a team with the rushing woes like the Packers, he'd be money. Maybe not an every down guy but a pounder none the less.
RandallioCobb18
Starter

NextQuestion wrote:Do you have a stinger loss? I mean 4th & 26th was epic but not nearly as epic as 41-0.

That same group of people at the bar said "Eli Manning is lucky every time he has played the Packers recently and he's not elite". Does the GB nation hate Eli? I mean...I guess he's been pretty successful vs GB in important games but I credit Giants D for shutting down the offense the last two times
I honestly dont hold much resentment towards the Giants, they were the better team both of those games, I actually find myself cheering for the Giants on multiple occasions, although that may have something to do with their proximity to where I live, and the fact that 50% of my buddies are Giants fans, and the other 50% are Steelers fans. :lol:

Although,youd be suprised at the amount of resentment Giants fans held for the Packers after we essentially took their playoff spot in 2010 after that #### whuppin we put on them, hopefully we'll do the same this year! :twisted:
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

You guys can thank the Lions for beating Tampa in OT too!

and....the overturned Shiancoe TD
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Skoltastic_Voyage »

If the Packers kept Flynn and Rogers went down I could see them doing okay...

Ponder's in a tough spot, he has to feed the beast and then looks weak for it... WTF kinda logic is that? That's like scolding Stafford for lobbing too many to Megatron.
When Percy came out of the game I knew he would find some receivers and he did. If Peterson went out and Toby is still there we wouldn't be hopeless but again this schedule blows goats and any hiccup would have me worried let alone something as catastrophically horrible as loosing Purple Jesus.

I believe in Christian Ponder... Now prove me right or I burn your #### in effigy.
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
big deli Vike
Backup

Post by big deli Vike »

NextQuestion wrote:You guys can thank the Lions for beating Tampa in OT too!

and....the overturned Shiancoe TD
i will never forget that CATCH.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

^ one of the turning points where I knew GB was going all the way. Big Ben "didn't lose a fumble" at the goal line that same day too.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

RandallioCobb18 wrote: LOL, dude, come to the smack forum and Ill tear your silly little illusions asunder.
I have no illusions about my team. I know it's strengths and weakness's.
RandallioCobb18 wrote: Newsflash, that is HOW we improve, seriously, how many free agents helped the Packers win the SB? Pickett, Woodson......... Figure out dude, that #### that your team constantly trys to play with that win now crap never works, it just handicaps you for the future, we dont need big name free agents, we draft and develop our own players and we got a SB win for it, so check the crap your spewing.
This last time maybe. Back in '96, Yup, Packers drafted and developed Favre, Reggie White, Gilbert Brown, Keith Jackson, Don Bebe.
RandallioCobb18 wrote:Can you imagine how unbelievably awful you would be without AP?
Can you imagine how unbelievably awful you would be without Rodgers?
RandallioCobb18 wrote: LOL, The only one here playing that "MY team improved your team stagnated crap is YOU. My teams D is young, ascending, and still learning the system in fact, but Vikings fans cling to the only thing they can cling to claiming everyday how awful the Packers Defense is, even though its better than yours, and only getttng better as they learn.
My teams D is just as young as yours. Maybe you should look at the stats from last year and compare how the two defenses stack up against each other.
RandallioCobb18 wrote: Our run blocking is not great, but our backs have been pure garbage for a long time, running into the backs of Linemen, tripping over Aarons feet on the exchange, etc. etc. Lacy and Franklin are the most talented backs we have had without a doubt in years, thats not to say they will be fantastic, but they cant be any worse than Starks and Green.
And who's fault is that? The coach and GM who apparently can draft every position except RB and O-line.
RandallioCobb18 wrote: It took the greatest season by an RB ever for you to squeak into the playoffs, congrats but that wont happen again, dont delude yourself. At leats, our defense is improving and full of young players, your QB is a joke dude, yea, he has the greatest game of his life in week 17, an Alex Smith like game that your boys barely came out of alive, now seriously think, If AP goes off and your QB has the best game of his life, that should be nothing less then a blow out, you won on a last second field goal, if some bum like Starks had the greatest game of his life and A-Rod went off you guys would get wrecked.
What difference does it make how you get to the playoffs? Good RB or good QB. Why does it matter? The team is in the playoffs. BTW, didn't Ponder have that great game against your young and improving top Defense? Oh yeah, the Packers concentrated on holding Peterson to under 200 yards.
RandallioCobb18 wrote: Ill take our ascending young D, HOF QB, and young RBs, over your pretty good D, HOF RB, and terrible QB any day.
Yup our D is aging, our QB will never improve, out WR's will do nothing. So AP better have a good year.
RandallioCobb18 wrote: Seriously do you have a clue how bad Ponder sucks? yea, have fun trying to win a SB with him.
You know I would compare Ponders first two years to Rodgers first two year in the NFL here, but alas, Rodgers had the advantage of siting on the bench for 3 years. If Ponder improves by 10% it's a huge jump. I don't expect him to be the next Rodgers, Brady or Brees. He doesn't have to. He just has to be better than what he was.

Tell you what, let's re-visit this thread at the end of the year. We can talk about illusions.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

^ :appl:
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

mrc44 wrote: FYI. Rogers is probably not very thing you think he is. He is a jack #### to his fans and to his hometown. I live an hour from Chico where he grew up and played before Cal. He comes home every offseason and stays in Chico. I have family that grew up in Chico and knew him. The run into him every once in a while in town and many people obviously want to ask for a picture or sign something. He doesn't even say a word! I know a guy and a beautiful girl that both work at restaurants in Chico where Rogers goes when he comes home. HE NEVER LEAVES A TIP,NOT EVEN A PENNY!! That's what I call a dick. These are people that put up a sign that says "welcome to Chico, the home of Aaron Rogers", treat him like a king... In return he won't take a picture with a 8 year old kid who is wearing his jersey and idolizes him. Dude is a sell out and a piece of trash. I can't stand players that don't respect the people that basically pay them. Think about it, how would you feel if your beloved AR jut walked by you and did t say a word after you asked him for a pic, autograph, or even a hand shake? Pretty sad.. I have no respect for him or anything he does anymore.
He does not call himself Cobb for nothing. If Rogers walked by he would have his head soooo deep in Roger's butt he wouldn't even notice.
:lol: :lol:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

mrc44 wrote: FYI. Rogers is probably not very thing you think he is. He is a jack #### to his fans and to his hometown. I live an hour from Chico where he grew up and played before Cal. He comes home every offseason and stays in Chico. I have family that grew up in Chico and knew him. The run into him every once in a while in town and many people obviously want to ask for a picture or sign something. He doesn't even say a word! I know a guy and a beautiful girl that both work at restaurants in Chico where Rogers goes when he comes home. HE NEVER LEAVES A TIP,NOT EVEN A PENNY!! That's what I call a dick. These are people that put up a sign that says "welcome to Chico, the home of Aaron Rogers", treat him like a king... In return he won't take a picture with a 8 year old kid who is wearing his jersey and idolizes him. Dude is a sell out and a piece of trash. I can't stand players that don't respect the people that basically pay them. Think about it, how would you feel if your beloved AR jut walked by you and did t say a word after you asked him for a pic, autograph, or even a hand shake? Pretty sad.. I have no respect for him or anything he does anymore.
every interview aaron Rodgers sounds like an arrogant, sarcastic jerk. still bitter about teams passing on him in the draft.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

I'll tell you this, if Rodgers came into a bar where I bar tended at and did not tip...I would have zero problem calling him out on his sh** publicly.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

NextQuestion wrote:I'll tell you this, if Rodgers came into a bar where I bar tended at and did not tip...I would have zero problem calling him out on his sh** publicly.
:thumbsup:
moss and Rodgers are both arrogant. bitter about being passed up in the draft. that's probably what drove them and made them future hall of famers however. i'm sure they are both generous with there $$$ and give to the needy, but they are both jerks also imo.
RandallioCobb18
Starter

Raptorman wrote: I have no illusions about my team. I know it's strengths and weakness's. This last time maybe. Back in '96, Yup, Packers drafted and developed Favre, Reggie White, Gilbert Brown, Keith Jackson, Don Bebe.
Can you imagine how unbelievably awful you would be without Rodgers? My teams D is just as young as yours. Maybe you should look at the stats from last year and compare how the two defenses stack up against each other. And who's fault is that? The coach and GM who apparently can draft every position except RB and O-line. What difference does it make how you get to the playoffs? Good RB or good QB. Why does it matter? The team is in the playoffs. BTW, didn't Ponder have that great game against your young and improving top Defense? Oh yeah, the Packers concentrated on holding Peterson to under 200 yards. Yup our D is aging, our QB will never improve, out WR's will do nothing. So AP better have a good year. You know I would compare Ponders first two years to Rodgers first two year in the NFL here, but alas, Rodgers had the advantage of siting on the bench for 3 years. If Ponder improves by 10% it's a huge jump. I don't expect him to be the next Rodgers, Brady or Brees. He doesn't have to. He just has to be better than what he was.

Tell you what, let's re-visit this thread at the end of the year. We can talk about illusions.
Free agency in the early 90's was different then it is today, teams weren't even really sure how the cap worked at the time, if Reggie White played now days, he would most likely have never gotten away from Philly.

Did I say that the team management was perfect and without flaw? Yes, you are right, we are terrible at drafting RBs, and also not so great at drafting O-line but I dont think its as bad as you think, Sitton, Bulaga, Lang, those guys are some good players. (Granted, Bulaga got SMOKED in the first half of that Seattle game.

You seem to keep accusing me of "My team gets better, your team gets worse.' kind of thing, but you are really the only one here at all who insinuated such a thought, I never said Ponder couldn't improve, but ill take my chances on two rookie RBs bringing more to the Packers run game over what a developing Ponder would bring to the Vikings pass game, but alas, we will see.

I would be completely fine with bringing this back up at the end of the year, in fact, I couldnt agree more.