What RB from the past most reminds you of AD?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: What RB from the past most reminds you of AD?

Post by Eli »

Like truly great musicians, the truly great players in any sport find their own voice and style that tends to be unlike any other. Who did Michael Jordan remind you of? Nobody that I can recall.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

IIRC, Adrian drew a lot of comparisons to Eric Dickerson coming into the NFL
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:I was looking up footage of Night Train Lane to post in another thread and started watching videos of old NFL highlights.

After watching some of Earl Campbell, I couldn't think of another RB who combined speed and power the way he did other than AD. I could definitely kind of see some similarities, more than with guys like Sanders or Emmitt Smith.

Here's a good video of his highlights. That run at 1:25 is maybe the most amazing run I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxugRBWN8gw

And this short video is pretty good too! WOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWKkYwdVLO4

Anybody else have a good comparison?
Walter Payton. AD finishes his runs like Payton and he has the kind of nimble feet and quick cutting ability Payton possessed. He may be a little faster than Payton but the way they run seems similar to me.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I agree with Payton as far as how he runs...but AD is way faster through the line.

The longer I watch AD the more unique I find him to be. Looking forward to watching him for years to come.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Nobody...