Harvin traded

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Harvin traded

Post by dead_poet »

Source says Percy Harvin is on his way to Seattle for physical right now. Deal is done. Percy is a Seahawk.
Tom Pelissero on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
UltraNasty850
Backup

Re: Harvin traded

Post by UltraNasty850 »

compensation?
Twitter - @Andy_FA_

Bleed Purple
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

:wallbang: :steamed: :wallbang: :steamed: :wallbang:

Even given that Harvin wants Megatron money we'd better come out with at LEAST pick #25 or my head might explode.

As of now, the Minnesota Vikings have THE WORST wide receivers in the league. I hope a lot changes between now and opening day. We just traded away our second/only offensive weapon not named AD.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

:steamed:
We'll have to see what the #Vikings got and how they use the picks, but right now, the Bears, Packers and Lions have to be thrilled.
Mark Craig on Twitter
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hey, I hear Green Bay is in the market for a running back. Why not trade AD? And Jared Allen is getting super old, so might as well trade him away too. Harrison Smith is a hothead and already was ejected from a game. We should probably trade him away for a third-rounder. Kalil allowed like three sacks last season (worthless), we should be able to unload him for a fourth and conditional fifth.

If we can't win the Super Bowl, maybe we can win the Draft Pick Bowl.

#superhappyrightnow
Harvin also gets his new contract in Seattle, source said. Terms not known.
Tom Pelissero on Twitter
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

After Harvin trade, Vikings WRs under control for the 2013 season: 1) Jarius Wright 2) Greg Childs* 3) Stephen Burton 4) Chris Summers

Super Bowl!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I don't like this either ... but if the option were to watch Harvin hold out for money all year and they become a FA next year it's probably the best option the team had.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Jim! Demi! Talk me down from this ledge!
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

this is a move they had to make. if he didn't want to be in minnesota, why keep him around? its just frustrating to read "undisclosed picks," what the hell does that mean exactly? we trade our second best player and yet nobody knows what for.
:
smoothoperator
Transition Player

Post by smoothoperator »

im really hoping they got the deal done today so we can make a run at wallace. our WRs are a complete joke and 2 rookies will not be the answer we need
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

smoothoperator wrote:im really hoping they got the deal done today so we can make a run at wallace. our WRs are a complete joke and 2 rookies will not be the answer we need
Eh. After careful consideration I'm not excited about Wallace. He has a limited skill tree and was really the beneficiary of Roethlisberger's ability to buy time and improvise. Case-in-point: in the four weeks Ben missed with his injury, guess the numbers Wallace put up? 13 receptions for 93 yards and 1 TD. If you're going to pay someone, pay Harvin. I wouldn't pay Wallace $10+ million/year.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Jim! Demi! Talk me down from this ledge!
LOL!

I don't know I can help with that but the only reason I see for this to happen is that Harvin essentially forced the Vikings hand. As Cliff said, if Harvin was determined to hold out, be a PITA, and walk in as a free agent in 2014, that wouldn't be good for the Vikes either. They could franchise him in 2014 but if he's a negative force in the locker room and would react poorly to being tagged, that's not a very inviting scenario.

This trade suggests the Vikings are trying to make the best of an unfortunate situation. Consequently, the only person I'm frustrated with is Harvin because I see no way the Vikes would let a player with his talent, who they drafted and developed, get away unless he was too much of a pain to keep.

I'm hearing the Vikes are getting Seattle's first round pick (and perhaps more) in return. They'll need to make the most of their picks (and free agency).
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

guys, make no mistake about it wallace is way overrated. i live outside of pittsburgh and the fans couldn't wait to see him go. all he has is speed, his hands are horrible. no way in a million years is he worth 50 mil. i hope he does go to miami, for anyone who has actually watched him knows hes totally one dimensional.
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

dead_poet wrote:Jim! Demi! Talk me down from this ledge!
Let me talk you down... I gotta change my name now thats number one! But I saw from Schefter that we are getting atleast a 1st rounder to go along with more picks so this isnt as bad as it looks, at least we are going to be going after a wide receiver in the 1st round I loved Percy and im actually ok with this trade Look at my name :shock: :yawn:
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
smoothoperator
Transition Player

Post by smoothoperator »

i hear ya both. but we were looking for a deep threat. id be fine with someone like denario alexander and someone fast, but who else is out there that can offer that sort of speed?