PFF Free Agency Tracker

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

PFF Free Agency Tracker

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: PFF Free Agency Tracker

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Wow.

Jasper Brinkley graded at a -18.0.

Ouch. I knew he wasn't spectacular, but that's pretty awful.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

All I had to see was Aromashodu at +3 to close my browser.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:All I had to see was Aromashodu at +3 to close my browser.
Lol..

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

S197 wrote:All I had to see was Aromashodu at +3 to close my browser.
No kidding. :point:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Guess it's going to be positive when you get six snaps and catch a ball or two. :lol:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Huh.

Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Jets will "explore" Darrelle Revis' trade market.

According to La Canfora, owner Woody Johnson has "strong reservations" about the team's ability to extend Revis beyond the final year of his contract next season, and wants to "attempt to land value for Revis now, rather than risk losing him" in free agency. It's a sign the Jets are dead serious about rebuilding and addressing their cap issues, but it would be strange timing to trade Revis, as he's coming off a torn ACL. Selling low on your best player isn't recommended in any sport. However, a clause in Revis' contract bars the Jets from using the franchise tag, so the danger of losing him next winter is real. Even coming off a major knee injury, interest in Revis should be robust if he's truly made available.
Source: CBSSports.com
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

dead_poet wrote:Huh.

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Jets will "explore" Darrelle Revis' trade market.

According to La Canfora, owner Woody Johnson has "strong reservations" about the team's ability to extend Revis beyond the final year of his contract next season, and wants to "attempt to land value for Revis now, rather than risk losing him" in free agency. It's a sign the Jets are dead serious about rebuilding and addressing their cap issues, but it would be strange timing to trade Revis, as he's coming off a torn ACL. Selling low on your best player isn't recommended in any sport. However, a clause in Revis' contract bars the Jets from using the franchise tag, so the danger of losing him next winter is real. Even coming off a major knee injury, interest in Revis should be robust if he's truly made available.
Source: CBSSports.com
I know I might killed for this but, I make a play for Revis. His value is low and I'd give up a 3rd for him. Anything more than that, and the Jets could take a hike...
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Angels Wings wrote: I know I might killed for this but, I make a play for Revis. His value is low and I'd give up a 3rd for him. Anything more than that, and the Jets could take a hike...
He'll be 28 this season. Contract is relatively manageable ($3 million + $3 million roster bonus) but is up after 2013 and franchising is not an option. If he recovers and plays well this season he'll be looking for another pretty substantial contract. It'd be a tricky situation to navigate. Doesn't "feel" like the right fit to me but if we can swing it and he's fully recovered and if we can re-sign him for another 3-4 years given our cap...
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

^That, I can live with. Like I said, it depends on what the Jets want. But, if we can get Revis and he comes healthy, he shuts down one side of the field.
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:The Vikings aren't trading picks for anyone unless it's to move up during the draft.

So don't go getting your hopes up.
Thanks for being so positive :cry:

But, at least they gotta look at it...
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

SI's Peter King says the Jets would "at least" want a first-round pick in exchange for Darrelle Revis.

The Jets are exploring their options with Revis, but a trade this offseason seems highly unlikely. Not only would a team have to give up a first-round pick for a player rehabbing an ACL tear, but they'd also have to pay him like a franchise quarterback. As King says, "good luck with that." If Gang Green really wants to deal Revis before he becomes an unrestricted free agent in the spring of 2014, showcasing him at 100 percent next season and then dangling him to a contender makes the most sense.
Source: Peter King on Twitter
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

1st round pick? Pass...
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Brinkley was far from good this year, but -18? They have Henderson at +1.6 of whatever and I don't think he was even that much better than Brinkley this year.
I feel the same way. I don't know, maybe I'm not seeing it, but I'm still not convinced that Henderson is all that. Too inconsistent.
sdranger
Rookie

Post by sdranger »

I don't know any of the cap implications but Harvin for Revis straight up would not be a bad trade.