EVERSON GRIFFEN.....

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

losperros
Commissioner

Re: EVERSON GRIFFEN.....

Post by losperros »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Name the issues, the fines, etc. How is he a cancer? Because he yelled at a coach?

Exactly. There are few if any issues, no fines, and Harvin isn't a cancer. That's all confabulation coming from those that hated Harvin the moment he arrived in Minnesota. I'm not sure why they really feel that way.

You're also right about Harvin hitting his stride. I hope he gets a big extended contract from the Vikings. If they go to the Super Bowl within the near future, you can bet Harvin will be one of the reasons they get there. He's that good.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Exactly. There are few if any issues, no fines, and Harvin isn't a cancer. That's all confabulation coming from those that hated Harvin the moment he arrived in Minnesota. I'm not sure why they really feel that way.
:roll:

Because they don't. I find it weird on people just ignore all the reports that come out (well, no I don't, hard to read with all that purple in the way), and defend the guy with almost a decade of garbage that never ends. No one "hated" Harvin the moment he arrived. Plenty of us desperately wanted them to take him. And gave him years, but it's been years and he's still pulling the same garbage. Garbage that hurts a team overall, undermines coaches, and is FAR more damaging to this team short and long term than any amount of production is able to overcome.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Demi wrote: :roll:

Because they don't. I find it weird on people just ignore all the reports that come out (well, no I don't, hard to read with all that purple in the way), and defend the guy with almost a decade of garbage that never ends. No one "hated" Harvin the moment he arrived. Plenty of us desperately wanted them to take him. And gave him years, but it's been years and he's still pulling the same garbage. Garbage that hurts a team overall, undermines coaches, and is FAR more damaging to this team short and long term than any amount of production is able to overcome.
What garbage? He wants the ball, like AD does, like Moss did, etc. Good players always want the ball in their hands, and complain when they dont get it enough. Hes had a few outbursts, what else has he done? Stabbed someone? Got caught doping, any illegele drugs? Punching people in the locker room? Chocking his GF? What has he done? What reports? Hes a deava(sp?). So what. With a PoS like Ponder at the helm we need more weapons, not less.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mrc44 wrote:I have to admit that Percy Harvin is the last guy I want to see leave this team, and cancer is a STRONG word, but you can not deny that he has issues.
I didn't. :)

However, I think his current issues have been blown way out of proportion. I doubt the coaches were ever all that worried about getting Harvin reps to satisfy him. I believe they were putting the ball in his hands so frequently because he was far and away the best option they had in the passing game and because Peterson wasn't 100% earlier in the season. By the time Harvin was injured, AD was running phenomenally well and that fueled the offense. Harvin's injury also got Wright on the field and while he was no Harvin, he helped.
Last edited by Mothman on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Demi wrote:Because they don't. I find it weird on people just ignore all the reports that come out (well, no I don't, hard to read with all that purple in the way), and defend the guy with almost a decade of garbage that never ends. No one "hated" Harvin the moment he arrived. Plenty of us desperately wanted them to take him. And gave him years, but it's been years and he's still pulling the same garbage. Garbage that hurts a team overall, undermines coaches, and is FAR more damaging to this team short and long term than any amount of production is able to overcome.
Maybe some of us just don't know about all of Harvin's garbage because we don't know what happens privately behind closed doors with the Vikings the way you do. Some of us watch Harvin make big plays, score TDs, contribute to the Vikings winning games, and we actually think that helps, not damage, the team.
PurpleJarl
Starter

Post by PurpleJarl »

losperros wrote: Maybe some of us just don't know about all of Harvin's garbage because we don't know what happens privately behind closed doors with the Vikings the way you do. Some of us watch Harvin make big plays, score TDs, contribute to the Vikings winning games, and we actually think that helps, not damage, the team.

To press this further. Since when is it required for a team to sing "kum-biya" in the locker room together and braid eachothers hair? IF he was truly toxic you have to think someone who matters, IE a coach or a player would have said something. Lets say that you are right Demi and He is disliked by XYZ and dislikes in return. As long as everyone stays professional I don't see the problem. For everyones talking about him doing this and that; I can not think of a time that he has cost us a single solitary point by his attitude let alone a game. As long as he gets it done on game day and players and coaches aren't affected by him in terms of quality of product. I couldn't care less if he spends his down plays throwing darts at pictures of AP, Lez, and Ponder.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

IF he was truly toxic you have to think someone who matters, IE a coach or a player would have said something.
You mean like a team getting sick of his crap and putting him on IR? :lol:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Demi wrote: You mean like a team getting sick of his crap and putting him on IR? :lol:
Speculation...

He was injured. We know that and consequently, injury is the most likely reason they placed him on IR. Maybe his attitude was a contributing factor and maybe it wasn't. Logically, his injury and the way the Vikings wanted to handle it seem a likely spark for the heated argument Harvin reportedly had with Frazier.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Logically, his injury and the way the Vikings wanted to handle it seem a likely spark for the heated argument Harvin reportedly had with Frazier.
Logically, the Vikings wanted him to come back for the playoff push. And Harvin was more worried about his upcoming contract year.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Demi wrote: Logically, the Vikings wanted him to come back for the playoff push. And Harvin was more worried about his upcoming contract year.

I hope Everson Griffen never comes to this board... he would be so sad to see tat the thread with his name on it turned into a Percy Harvin argument. :?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Demi wrote: Logically, the Vikings wanted him to come back for the playoff push. And Harvin was more worried about his upcoming contract year.
That's logical? It's closer to paranoid. Do you really think Harvin engineered his way onto IR because he was concerned about a new contract? Behavior like that wouldn't exactly help him get a great new deal and why would the Vikings comply? Wait, let me guess: Harvin wanted to go on IR so he could be healthy for his contract year and the Vikings went along with it because it would make him look less troublesome and maximize his trade value. Is that about right?

I've posted this before but shortly before the game at GB (after which Harvin was placed on IR) Kevin Siefert reported:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... -green-bay
Based on the way Harvin was moving in practice this week, there wasn't much doubt about whether he would play against the Packers. I realize some of you are growing suspicious about an ankle sprain that has now sidelined Harvin for three games (and counting). I've got nothing for you on that. When I was at practice on Thursday, Harvin was laboring to move faster than a walk. And for those of you who would like to see Harvin play at 50 or 60 percent in a crucial game, I'm not sure there is much of anything he can do to help the team at this point.
That doesn't sound like a description of a player nearing full health who was placed on IR because he "was more worried about his upcoming contract year".
PurpleMustReign wrote:I hope Everson Griffen never comes to this board... he would be so sad to see tat the thread with his name on it turned into a Percy Harvin argument. :?
You know forums work. Threads veer off in different directions all the time. It's the nature of discussion.

If Everson Griffin checks in, this is just for him: Everson, you did a fantastic job this season. Your INT against the Rams was one of 2012's best moments for this Vikings fan and many of us sincerely enjoy and appreciate what you bring to the defense. You had a great year and I hope you have an even better season in 2013!

:)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:You know forums work. Threads veer off in different directions all the time. It's the nature of discussion.

I know.

Has anyoneseen any good movies lately? 8)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I know.

Has anyoneseen any good movies lately? 8)
:rofl:

I've seen 3: Argo, Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty! They were all very good but of the three, I think Argo was my favorite.

What's your favorite color? ;)
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Mothman wrote:
What's your favorite color? ;)
Blue. No yel-- Auuuuuuuugh!

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Back to topic

I think he should be allowed to compete with Brian Robison for a starting role ..

The guy has crazy talent you just can't teach if nothing else . Jarad Allen should
get more rest and Griffen should come in more .. Allen can play more in the second
ha;f when guys are getting tired..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!