Vikings screwed by refs

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Vikings screwed by refs

Post by Orion »

Is it me or do the Vikings always seem to end up getting screwed by the refs one way or another, especially in the playoffs? This game was just awful: blatant holds and a push off. Not to mention what happened in our last nfc championship game.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings screwed by refs

Post by Just Me »

Orion wrote:Is it me or do the Vikings always seem to end up getting screwed by the refs one way or another, especially in the playoffs? This game was just awful: blatant holds and a push off. Not to mention what happened in our last nfc championship game.
While I think there were some missed calls (that would have worked in our favor had they been called) I think we played badly enough to negate any advantages we might have had even if the refs had called a perfect game.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

Just Me wrote: While I think there were some missed calls (that would have worked in our favor had they been called) I think we played badly enough to negate any advantages we might have had even if the refs had called a perfect game.
Certainly and I agree, but that's not the point. It hurts, regardless, when the refs aren't playing fair and making penalties on both teams on the appropriate plays. And it wasn't just 1 sole incident either.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

Orion wrote:Is it me or do the Vikings always seem to end up getting screwed by the refs one way or another, especially in the playoffs? This game was just awful: blatant holds and a push off. Not to mention what happened in our last nfc championship game.
Even if the refs had fixed this game in the Vikes favor, we still would have lost. Webb isn't a professional quarterback -- not even a backup.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Really? We're blaming the refs? :wallbang: :wallbang:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Really? We're blaming the refs? :wallbang: :wallbang:

Noooooooo I already said that that's not the point and it didn't matter what the score is.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Well I saw a lot of what looked like holds on the Packers, but I could be wrong. And really? One penalty the whole game? Right.

Although I don't think it would have helped. Refs were not the problem.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I saw holds on Robo, Kwill and JA. But its the Packers. And no one on earth can say, with a straight face, that Packers dont get the majority of the calls (or no calls). Period. Its a fact, its has nothing to do with being a homer. Personallly, I feel the Refs are overerlly harsh on the Vikes, calling the penalties closer then they do for other teams, home or away. And I watch just about every game thats on TV.
yesmanfan
Backup

Post by yesmanfan »

joe webb and the passing game was horrible, so was musgrave so the refs didnt cost a loss. but that was one of the most one sided game ive ever seen. what a joke, constant blatant holding by the offensive line, they would wrap their hands around our d linemen and hug them over and over. matthews leg whip no call. push off by jared nelson was a huge no call. what a joke!
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

Ref's we're obviously cold and didn't want to be there! Wanted the game to be done quicker
johnpf12345
Starter

Post by johnpf12345 »

I thought it was a definate push off by Jordy Nelson on that first touchdown, which resulted in a lot of seperation. it does seem to me that the Packers do get a lot of calls no matter who they are playing. That is also why I was tickled pink when the Seattle call went against them. It also seems to me that their dbacks are constantly making contact after five yards and VERY rarely getting called, Woodson in particular. I do think there is bias by the refs and that Rodgers sucks up to them. He got tons of personal foul penalties when getting hit all year when replays clearly showed they should not have been penalties or were marginal at best. Of course I might be biased myself because I hate the packers more than any team or anything on this earth (and their pig headed fans). Did you see the huge banner at that Green Bay bar, which said "hey Adrian, this is what nine yards looks like" - thing was about fifty feet long if an inch (may have seen it on Green Bay paper website)? It never helped that I lived (recently moved to AZ) in a bordertown and had hundreds of their fans working where I did as the place employed about 1700 total. And I hate to say but I cannot wait for Rodgers to be injured, does he have to be just like ironman Favre?
rogers 12
Waterboy

Post by rogers 12 »

Last week I posted congratulating the vikes on their win, I did not blame the refs for the packers losing the game. Remember the catch that hit the ground and wasn't a catch, tramon williams causing a penaltly that game vikings a first down that was called. I even hate packer fans that blame that game on the refs, I was mad about Seattle game but I told other guys we shouldn't have even been in that situation in the first place. My point is the packers get called for penalties also. Their where times last night some fans where yelling the vikes where holding on the offensive line and where never called. It goes both ways in the game. The guy that wishes Rodgers to get hurt is a sick fan, I hate it when the pack plays agains peterson but he is awesome and never want him to get hurt. I thought some fans where better then that.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

rogers 12 wrote:Last week I posted congratulating the vikes on their win, I did not blame the refs for the packers losing the game. Remember the catch that hit the ground and wasn't a catch, tramon williams causing a penaltly that game vikings a first down that was called. I even hate packer fans that blame that game on the refs, I was mad about Seattle game but I told other guys we shouldn't have even been in that situation in the first place. My point is the packers get called for penalties also. Their where times last night some fans where yelling the vikes where holding on the offensive line and where never called. It goes both ways in the game. The guy that wishes Rodgers to get hurt is a sick fan, I hate it when the pack plays agains peterson but he is awesome and never want him to get hurt. I thought some fans where better then that.
I agree, and when you lose like the Vikings did yesterday, the last thing that should be mentioned is the officiating. Had it been a three point loss, then that may make a little sense.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

I watched the game in stadium. Officiating was no issue. The Packers had 2 penalties to the Vikings 4. The refs let the teams play. 12 men on the field on a FG attempt, that's a failure on so many levels as not to require further explanation.
PurplePPLEater
Rookie

Post by PurplePPLEater »

I'm completely biased, but I agree the refs didn't help at all last night. I don't think every ref in the NFL is out to get the Vikings. I just think that's how 90% of refs in all sports officiate games- they'll usually give favorable calls to the team that's favorited in the game. I'm not into conspiracy theories but am just pointing out that can be human nature. You expect a certain team to win the game going into it so you give them the benefit of the doubt on a lot of calls. Not saying this is ok but I think it's a rational excuse. Anyone who's a fan of a college team that's not in one of the major conferences, you should understand where I'm coming from. For example, I go to UNC Charlotte and when we played FSU this year in basketball, every call went to the "better" ACC team.

With that said, I was really upset with the calls last night. I'm not going to use it as an excuse because after the 1st quarter the game just had the feeling that it would end in a Vikings loss. But if they called the Jordy Nelson push-off, a few holding calls (OL and WRs were holding all night), then it could have turned into a completely different game. I still think the Packers were the better team last night, and that's why it hurt so bad to watch, but the refs didn't help our situation much at all.