Question on win streaks?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleJarl
Starter

Question on win streaks?

Post by PurpleJarl »

Just because I haven't even found the first place to try and look;

What is the average win streak from the regular season that Superbowl winners take into the playoffs (since you need a win streak to win obviously.)?
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Question on win streaks?

Post by Eliot »

Couldn't find it on the internet. But because I have nothing better to do and also would like to see what it is I will do the math for you.

Packers- 5
Packers- 0
Jets- 4
Chiefs- 0
Colts- 4
Cowgirls- 7
Dolphins- 14
Dolphins- 1
Steelers- 2
Steelers- 0
Raiders- 10
Cowgirls- 4
Steelers- 5
Steelers- 1
Raiders- 2
49ers- 5
Redskins- 4
Raiders- 1
49ers- 9
Bears- 3
Giants- 9
Redskins- 1
49ers- 0
49ers- 5
Giants- 2
Redskins-0
Cowgirls- 2
Cowgirls- 5
49ers- 0
Cowgirls- 2
Packers- 5
Broncos- 1
Broncos- 1
Rams- 0
Ravens- 7
Pats- 6
Bucs- 1
Pats- 12
Pats- 2
Steelers- 4
Colts- 1
Giants- 0
Steelers- 1
Aint's- 0
Packers- 2
Giants- 2
152 wins in a row. 46 super bowls
Average of 3 wins a row.
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
PurpleJarl
Starter

Post by PurpleJarl »

sweet, Thanks a lot. I spent most of the day at work so thank you very much!
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Of the 6th seeds that won the bowl in recent years, the '05 Steelers won their final 4 games, the '07 Giants lost 2 of their final 3, and the '10 Packers won their final 2 to get in.

Just to elaborate on the 0's in Eliots list. The Saints had the longest losing streak (3) to finish a season of eventual bowl winners and they never rested their starters. The bounty program apparently helped them get back on track for their playoff run haha. The '67 Packers lost their final 2, and of the handful of teams that lost their final regular season game, it was possibly due to resting starters.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

Reignman wrote:Of the 6th seeds that won the bowl in recent years, the '05 Steelers won their final 4 games, the '07 Giants lost 2 of their final 3, and the '10 Packers won their final 2 to get in.

Just to elaborate on the 0's in Eliots list. The Saints had the longest losing streak (3) to finish a season of eventual bowl winners and they never rested their starters. The bounty program apparently helped them get back on track for their playoff run haha. The '67 Packers lost their final 2, and of the handful of teams that lost their final regular season game, it was possibly due to resting starters.
Yea I was thinking that too. I was going to go back and do it without the 0's counting but I'm pretty lazy :smilevike:
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!