Vikes vs. Packers playoff predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikes vs. Packers playoff predictions

Post by NextQuestion »

Skip Bayless says Vikings will win and Ponder will make one more "big play" than Rodgers.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

put a 100 on the vikes to win the superbowl. :shock:

they do it and i win 3 grand however....

:rock:
i'm ready for a beer.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple Domination wrote: Not a single pick for the Vikings on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
I'm not surprised. Nearly everyone at that network belongs to the Cult of the Quarterback (although I just heard Teddy Bruschi pick the Vikings on ESPN Radio). Green Bay is at home and they have Aaron Rodgers so they're obviously going to win, right?

I'm actually feeling better and better about the Vikings chances. They're a confident team and I think they have the advantage at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. They can win this game.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

no....just dumb. :oops:

actually that's just the tip of the iceberg. i also put a hundred on them to win it all in july like i always do. odds were 250:1. so if the vikes win the whole damn thing i'm pocketing $28,000!

i've been doing this for about 15 years though and been a vikes fan for more than 30 so as you can imagine i never get my hopes too high! :lol:
i'm ready for a beer.
MDviking
Starter

Post by MDviking »

NextQuestion wrote:Skip Bayless says Vikings will win and Ponder will make one more "big play" than Rodgers.
Coming from Bayless, I think I hate this more than everyone picking against the Vikings.
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

MDviking wrote: Coming from Bayless, I think I hate this more than everyone picking against the Vikings.
Skip being Skip. Even if he's right, he's still an idiot. All he does is disagree with the general public. It's brilliant, actually. It's how he became famous. I doubt he actually thinks we'll win.
VikingFan50
Starter

Post by VikingFan50 »

I'm predicting a very close game. If Minnesota gets the ball first, they have a much better chance of winning imo. They will be able to control the clock and score at will if Ponder plays like he did last week. The Defense just needs to step up every week to the plate and do whatever they can to keep the other team out of the endzone. I honestly think that the Packers will be playing pissed off and the Weather has potential to screw that up for them and their passing game.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it.
John F. Kennedy
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Oddly enough, Bayless, is quite the Packer hater. This might have to do with Stephen A. Smith's gushing man crush on Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

Ponder is listed as "questionable" which isn't good at all and he'll most likely start but won't be 100%. There is a chance that Webb will enter the game. That may not be so terrible since Webb usually does at least decent against teams unfamiliar with him.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Another thing that I see as a huge factor is the Viking DL. The Vikes can't play to contain Rodgers and beat him at his own game. They have to take them out of their game and take it to Rodgers. And when the Packers adjust the Vikes need to mix it up and bring for the whole game.

I really believe the Vikes defense,lots of pressure on Rodgers, is what this game hinges on.(assuming Ponder can stay free of TOs)
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

acousticrock wrote:Someone should show AD this picture: https://twitter.com/KeithLeventhal/stat ... 76/photo/1
Get him even more fired up for the game.

How can the Packers be proud that he was 9 yards short after running for 409 yards on them in two games?
I'm from Wisconsin and I don't understand the fanbase.
That's why I've been saying GO VIKES for 28 years.
Karma is all I have to say.

I am glad no one is picking the Vikes to win. Well Florio did. But who cares. Look they are 7.5-8 point underdogs playing in Lambeau, in the cold against last years MVP. No one is giving them a chance to win. Don't think the players haven't seen it or heard it the last few days. They have nothing to lose. If they win great, we go to the next game. If they lose, well no one expected them to get this far anyway.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

NextQuestion wrote:Skip Bayless says Vikings will win and Ponder will make one more "big play" than Rodgers.
We're... doomed...

We've been endorsed by Satan.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
Viva la Vikings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Viva la Vikings »

Orion wrote:Ponder is listed as "questionable" which isn't good at all and he'll most likely start but won't be 100%. There is a chance that Webb will enter the game. That may not be so terrible since Webb usually does at least decent against teams unfamiliar with him.
That would make the offense quite interesting in the cold weather with Webb at the helm. Not that I'm saying I prefer him over Ponder but with the weather making a difference and how mobile he is, I think Webb could have that surprise factor like he did a couple of years ago when we had the big upset over the Eagles.
Meet at the Quarterback. -Purple People Eaters
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Packers fans should be less worried about 9 yards and should think more about 1 foot, the one foot Peterson has put up their backsides.

In 4 of Peterson's last 6 games he has rushed for at least 125 yards against them and he has 421 yards rushing and receiving against them in 2 games.
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Hunter Morrow wrote:I want the Vikings to win so I can make the merchandise shirt of purple shirt with 2 yellow middle fingers saying TWO WINS IN LAMBEAU.

The background should be a 'Moss' Moon :rock:
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant