Next Season

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Next Season

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Vick is an injury prone, INT machine. No thanks.
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: LOL when has he been playing 'well'? 100 yards passing and only 1 turnover isnt playing well. Some QBs can throw for 300-400 yards, even with our receivers. We had another QB that when he didnt lose the game for us, some thought he had a good game. His name was Tjoke.
I think since we have struggled with the qb position the past several years (except the Favre year), people have low expectations. So when our QB does bad, people praise him like god.
ADMVP & CCHOF
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: LOL when has he been playing 'well'? 100 yards passing and only 1 turnover isnt playing well. Some QBs can throw for 300-400 yards, even with our receivers. We had another QB that when he didnt lose the game for us, some thought he had a good game. His name was Tjoke.
Starting you negative crap already :roll:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Answer the question the question instead of trying to insult people. :o
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Answer the question the question instead of trying to insult people. :o
Save it for the game at least :roll:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Puddin'Taine
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Puddin'Taine »

Sorry if this has been beaten to death already this season, I've been off the board for a bit.

Any Ideas as to why in the H-LL have we not transitioned and activated Joe Webb as the WR We drafted him as to give Ponder some help down the field when Harvin was grounded and sent to his room!!??

That very well could be decent help next year as well.
"He kept getting pies in the face and everyone thought it was so funny.I didn't think it was so funny.They should have eaten the pies instead of throwing them at each other If they were mad,why didn't they just knock the crap out of each other?"
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Puddin'Taine wrote:Any Ideas as to why in the H-LL have we not transitioned and activated Joe Webb as the WR We drafted him as to give Ponder some help down the field when Harvin was grounded and sent to his room!!??
Because they've said that Webb is a QB and that's how they're handling him going forward. It's his natural position, the only reason he was ever considered a WR is because his agent figured it was an easier way to get him into the league. If Webb had any potential as a WR then he would be out there but apparently he doesn't so that's why he's a backup QB instead of a WR4 or WR5.

As far as next season and comparing the Vikes to the Packers and Lions...I think it will be like it's always been. The Lions will be promising but inconsistent and undisciplined, the Vikings will be talented but flawed contenders, and the Packers will be the class of the division. The Bears will be the same too: strong D but an inconsistent and frustrating offense.
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

Puddin'Taine wrote:Sorry if this has been beaten to death already this season, I've been off the board for a bit.

Any Ideas as to why in the H-LL have we not transitioned and activated Joe Webb as the WR We drafted him as to give Ponder some help down the field when Harvin was grounded and sent to his room!!??

That very well could be decent help next year as well.
That is a good point. Personally I always thought we should use him in trick plays or something.
ADMVP & CCHOF
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Sorry I contributed to sidetracking this thread by stepping into a big pile of "smurf"...
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Mothman wrote:Sorry I contributed to sidetracking this thread by stepping into a big pile of "smurf"...
:lol:

Good thing there's plenty of snow out there to wipe that crap off.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

He's probably not a very good receiver. They tried him there for a while, maybe they moved him back to QB because of how he looked at that position.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Answer the question the question instead of trying to insult people. :o
DID YOU GET YOUR QUESTIONED ANSWERED :?: YOU AND LAUGHING BOY :rofl:

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Purple bruise wrote: DID YOU GET YOUR QUESTIONED ANSWERED :?: YOU AND LAUGHING BOY :rofl:
When you posted that, you had no idea, he hadnt even played today. YOU WERE BASING IT OFF PREVIOUS GAMES! BTW what does typing in caps mean? And no I didnt get my question answered. AD once again saved the day, and Ponder didnt ruin it. He may have actually improved a little, which wouldnt be hard. :point: :nono: :confused: :steamed: :yawn: :smilevike: :flamed:
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Seriously, can you guys just foe each other and keep this idiocy off the boards... sheesh.

Or at the very least can one of you be the bigger person. Nothing kills a buzz like "nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah".
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa