Powers: Vikings defy logic, history. Is it karma? Finally?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Powers: Vikings defy logic, history. Is it karma? Finally?

Post by Mothman »

This was an entertaining read any Vikings fan should be able to appreciate:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_222 ... source=rss
There may be forces at work here that are beyond our comprehension.

Remember Gary Anderson's missed field goal in the 1998 season NFC championship game? Twelve men in the huddle near the end of the 2009 season NFC championship game? Darrin Nelson failing to hold onto a pass at the goal line during the 1987 season NFC championship game?

It's supposed to be a given that, over time, the breaks always even out. And we've all heard the saying, "What goes around comes around."

Well, it might be coming around in Minnesota.

"The Karma Train! All aboard!" said punter Chris Kluwe.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Powers: Vikings defy logic, history. Is it karma? Finall

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Yes, that's a fair trade....multiple trips to the Super Bowl for an over-achieving 9-6 team with a chance to go 1 and done in the playoffs!! :)

Ha, funny article, thanks for sharing, Jim.

GO VIKINGS and Happy New Year!
sdranger
Rookie

Post by sdranger »

We as fans are a impatient bunch. Ponder needs more time is all. He doesn't have to improve to a Brady level (although I'll take it) heck even Eli was damn near ran out of NY. Give him a real number one, get PH back, continue with the run first offense and keep upgrading the D. We'll be fine. What Ponder needs is to learn how to sell the play action, but having said that he needs someone that can stretch the field and actually catch it. But he is not very good at selling it now.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Karma will be when Christian Ponder hoists the Lombardi Trophy after a 100 yard passing performance results in the first-ever Vikings Superbowl win...
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

VikingLord wrote:Karma will be when Christian Ponder hoists the Lombardi Trophy after a 100 yard passing performance results in the first-ever Vikings Superbowl win...
That might allow me to hang up my fandom.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Not anymore Mr. Powers. Not anymore.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Remember Gary Anderson's missed field goal in the 1998 season NFC championship game? Twelve men in the huddle near the end of the 2009 season NFC championship game? Darrin Nelson failing to hold onto a pass at the goal line during the 1987 season NFC championship game?

It's supposed to be a given that, over time, the breaks always even out. And we've all heard the saying, "What goes around comes around."
Missing field goals and dropping passes aren't "breaks" that are going to some day even out. They're chokes. And the Vikings have a very long and storied history of choking.
Xqed
Franchise Player

Post by Xqed »

Eli wrote:Missing field goals and dropping passes aren't "breaks" that are going to some day even out. They're chokes. And the Vikings have a very long and storied history of choking.
Which is the best part about being the #6 seed - we can't choke! Even if we lose, we did way better than expected.
mossbutt
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mossbutt »

Xqed wrote: Which is the best part about being the #6 seed - we can't choke! Even if we lose, we did way better than expected.
Stay tuned, i think it gets better.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

i can't believe i'm still seeing so much negativity in regards to this team. they won 3 games last year. 90% of this board were convinced this was going to be a terrible season. people were bashing every aspect of the team from the front office down. they exceeded every possible expectation anyone had for them. they are one of 12 playoff teams in the nfl and won 7 more games than they did last year. even if we lose next week does that mean they suck?! we play a very good team in one of the best stadiums in sports. if we win i'm ecstatic. but i for one am VERY happy that this team did what i thought they could do. i was told i was wearing purple shades and maybe i was. but this is a good football team and we have an opportunity to do something that 20 other teams only wish they could.

SKOL!!! :smilevike: :smilevike: :smilevike:
i'm ready for a beer.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

vikeinmontana wrote:i can't believe i'm still seeing so much negativity in regards to this team. they won 3 games last year. 90% of this board were convinced this was going to be a terrible season. people were bashing every aspect of the team from the front office down. they exceeded every possible expectation anyone had for them. they are one of 12 playoff teams in the nfl and won 7 more games than they did last year. even if we lose next week does that mean they suck?! we play a very good team in one of the best stadiums in sports. if we win i'm ecstatic. but i for one am VERY happy that this team did what i thought they could do. i was told i was wearing purple shades and maybe i was. but this is a good football team and we have an opportunity to do something that 20 other teams only wish they could.

SKOL!!! :smilevike: :smilevike: :smilevike:
Before the season, I said I would be happy if the Vikes finished 8-8, Peterson had fully recovered from his injury and Ponder showed real growth as an NFL QB. I would say the Vikes have exceeded my expectations. SKOL
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

soflavike wrote: Before the season, I said I would be happy if the Vikes finished 8-8, Peterson had fully recovered from his injury and Ponder showed real growth as an NFL QB. I would say the Vikes have exceeded my expectations. SKOL
to be clear....i was not trying to call anyone out. i admit i had to quit the board for a bit because everytime i said anything positive about this team i was basically labled a homer and told my purple glasses were on too tight. and even if they were....who cares? i'm a vikes fan. i think they can win every game. sometimes i'm right....sometimes i'm wrong. as an avid sports better i almost never bet a vikes game because my loyalties run deep. but in situations like these i feel great knowing i stuck by a team that I thought could make a playoff push. i admit that a month ago i wouldn't have bet the farm on it. but i saw three games i knew the vikes could win....and they did. i love the vikes more than almost anything. but with all the ups and downs i've seen....i don't recall being more proud of a team than i am of this one. and call me dumb. say my glasses are too purple. but i don't think we've seen the end of the vikes yet. i like them to wina game or two. :shock:

skol vikes nation. great night!

and yes......i'm likely about one or two grey gooses too deep. :beerock:
i'm ready for a beer.