Vikings rush offense/AD

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings rush offense/AD

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Blah, first off he is a Manning. Second he is a QB. That alone clintches it for him even if the press wont say that. AD singlehandedly took a 3-13 team to whatever we end up this year. Thats MVP if I ever heard of one.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Blah, first off he is a Manning. Second he is a QB. That alone clintches it for him even if the press wont say that. AD singlehandedly took a 3-13 team to whatever we end up this year. Thats MVP if I ever heard of one.
That pisses me off too, they should just name it the MVQ, if no other position gets a look anymore. Whats worse, is, it's based off inflated stats, in an era, where QBs play under rules that guarantee huge numbers.
This space available for rent.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

PurpleHalo wrote:Whats worse, is, it's based off inflated stats, in an era, where QBs play under rules that guarantee huge numbers.
Apparently Ponder didn't get the memo. :confused:

- AD has out gained Ponder 1313 to 1093 in the last 8 games.

- AD also has 7 of our 8 longest plays from scrimmage, all of them runs.

- In the last 8 games AD is averaging 7.46 yards per carry. In the same span Ponder is averaging 5.08 yards per pass attempt.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

Reignman wrote:Apparently Ponder didn't get the memo. :confused:

- AD has out gained Ponder 1313 to 1093 in the last 8 games.

- AD also has 7 of our 8 longest plays from scrimmage, all of them runs.

- In the last 8 games AD is averaging 7.46 yards per carry. In the same span Ponder is averaging 5.08 yards per pass attempt.
Remember, we have the worst QB and best RB in the league. That's bound to happen...
ADMVP & CCHOF
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Dark wrote: Remember, we have the worst QB and best RB in the league. That's bound to happen...
I know haha. I'm just amazed every time I see these stats comparing AD and Ponder. I've never seen a RB have a higher average than his QB and I've poured over the stats looking. The closest I can find in the last 25 years was in 2009 when Matt Cassel had a 5.93 avg while Jamaal Charles averaged 5.89. I guess I'll have to go farther back to see if it has ever happened. I'm sure it happened way back in the 50's or something.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh