Which role player would you like to have back?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Which role player would you like to have back?

Post by Purple bruise »

Raptorman wrote:Paul Krause in his prime.
I think that this topic is asking for role players that you would like to see back on the team. . Krause was definately a full time starter, who was absolutely great but not a role player. But if that is what you are talking about I would say Randy Moss in his prime :D

The Viking role player I would like to have back and of course he is too old now, would Jimmy K. who played TE, H-Back and even filled in once or twice at tackle.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

We NEVER should have cut Chester Taylor, either. Should have kept him another 2 years or so, firmly believe it.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Purple Jesus wrote: David Palmer?
Good answer, or even Amp Lee.
This space available for rent.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

I'm going to take this question to mean which person who played a role on the team would we like back. And my answer would be Bud Grant. He was a "role player" as the coach. Got us to the playoffs 12 years out of 18 and the Super Bowl 4 times. Under Grant we made the playoffs 66% of the time and once we made the playoffs he got us to the Super Bowl 33% of the time. Overall he got us to the Super Bowl 22% of the time. I think he would be role player I want back.

Edit: whoops just read the OP. This doesn't work. But I'll stick with my alternate definition of a role player.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Al Newman ... woooops, wrong sport :oops: ummmm there have been some pretty good choices listed already, but I'd have to go with Chester or the Sauce.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

Chris Doleman. That man was a beast.
ADMVP & CCHOF
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Role players, huh?

Chris Walsh, maybe? Since we need all the help we can get at receiver, especially the kind with good hands. Also a great special teams guy.

How about Leroy Hoard? If you need a yard he'll get you three... if you need five yards, he'll get you three. :lol:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Asking for Chris Doleman back isn't asking for a role player, IMO.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Reignman wrote:Al Newman ... woooops, wrong sport :oops: ummmm there have been some pretty good choices listed already, but I'd have to go with Chester or the Sauce.
Hah I loved Al Newman too. And Sauce was great for MN and the team. He still is I hope.