Vikings @ Rams Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Dark
Transition Player

Re: Vikings @ Rams Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

Post by Dark »

S197 wrote: He also gave his shoes to some kid after the game.

I think if you add AD's class and personality to his on field performance, I would say he is probably the best RB ever.
ADMVP & CCHOF
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings @ Rams Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

Post by John_Viveiros »

Texas Vike wrote: Nice post. I especially agree with the part I've bolded above. I used to question Frazier's ability as HC, but over the course of this season I've become convinced that he has what it takes. Most importantly, his players play hard for him, even in situations that are typical for NFL players to pack it in.
I didn't get to see many of the games last year, but I was always impressed that a three win team would play as hard as the Vikes played (they had only two wins when they went into Washington, lost their starting RB and starting QB, and still pulled out the game). And this year, despite some, "ahem", issues at the offensive skill positions, he has the team headed in all likelihood to an 8-8 season.

Compare to the Lions situation. That team doesn't have a guy like Frasier as coach, and they look to have just called it a season a few weeks back. Can you imagine - being blown out by a Cardinals team that had lost nine straight, and was playing a QB whose name we don't even know (Lindley? Lindsey? first name? Bueller?). We'll see whether the offense improves (players? playcalling?) as Frasier moves forward, but for now, we have avoided the dreaded third losing year.

The Vikings are the only team in the league that has a losing streak shorter than three seasons in a row, since the merger. We are always in contention. No "Bay of Pigs" (when the Packers and Bucs stunk for a decade) for us. Thanks, Leslie (and AD), for keeping that going.