Halfway point Video

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Halfway point Video

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Found this video a while ago. Its pretty awesome. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwMEVm8d ... pQ&index=2
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
UKViking
Backup

Re: Halfway point Video

Post by UKViking »

Awesome video, I forgot how dominant the Vikings D was against the Cardinals, that was fun to watch. Thanks! :thumbsup:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Thanks for the link! That was awesome. :)
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Fantastic video! It was great seeing some of the big moments from the first half of the season.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Found this video a while ago. Its pretty awesome. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwMEVm8d ... pQ&index=2

Great Video, thanks for posting it.

It serves as a reminder that we have three major weapons on offense (AD, PH and Rudolph) if only we could get average production from our other positions on O we'd be very tough to beat.

First three rounds of next draft: OL, LB and WR (not necessarily in that order).
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:
Great Video, thanks for posting it.

It serves as a reminder that we have three major weapons on offense (AD, PH and Rudolph) if only we could get average production from our other positions on O we'd be very tough to beat.
Indeed.
First three rounds of next draft: OL, LB and WR (not necessarily in that order).
That would work or I'd be happy if they just took the 3 best players they could get at almost any position that isn't a strength right now (which means almost any position but RB). What they need more than anything is players that create matchup issues for the other team, players that really impact games. Hopefully, they can get a difference-maker at WR...
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Mothman wrote: Indeed.
That would work or I'd be happy if they just took the 3 best players they could get at almost any position that isn't a strength right now (which means almost any position but RB). What they need more than anything is players that create matchup issues for the other team, players that really impact games. Hopefully, they can get a difference-maker at WR...
Yeah, 3 best players not RB or LT. (unless they can play RT) We're still not good enough across the board to really say no to anything else if they're the BPA.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

BPA - RB / LT.

I would add to that: minus TE as well.

From what I've read this is a draft class deep with DL talent.

Is it worth taking one in the first, even though it's a (relative) strength? I guess the Giants have shown that it's not a bad idea to have an abundance of pass rushers and JA isn't getting any younger. A huge run stuffer in the middle would be nice too.

I really want some WR help though. Just don't want to repeat the Troy Williamson debacle.

***I loved seeing Harrison Smith's play in this video: that was a sweet draft pick that many questioned.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:BPA - RB / LT.

I would add to that: minus TE as well.
I thought about that but a TE with a different skill set than Rudolph (ie: speedier, more athletic) could fit in nicely and enable them to do some of the things they apparently haven't been able to do with Carlson.
From what I've read this is a draft class deep with DL talent.

Is it worth taking one in the first, even though it's a (relative) strength? I guess the Giants have shown that it's not a bad idea to have an abundance of pass rushers and JA isn't getting any younger. A huge run stuffer in the middle would be nice too.
I think you answered your own question. :) I feel it would be worth it, especially for a tackle.
I really want some WR help though. Just don't want to repeat the Troy Williamson debacle.
Amen to that. WR is the position I'd most like to see upgraded and since I think the Vikes will probably cause an outrage by not signing Bowe (assuming he will hit the market), drafting the best WR available might be a good choice.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote: Amen to that. WR is the position I'd most like to see upgraded and since I think the Vikes will probably cause an outrage by not signing Bowe (assuming he will hit the market), drafting the best WR available might be a good choice.
Troy Williamson's stock rose because of his incredible combine performance. I mean, the guy was an amazing athlete but not much of a receiver.

However, there are WRs that will be available in the next draft within the first two rounds, maybe even through R3, who have proved more than Williamson did as pure receivers in college ball. Unlike Williamson, some of these guys are seniors and aren't coming out early, which means more on-field experience too.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Drafting the best any specific position is never a good choice...hopefully Ponder taught them that lesson...

If there's a higher rated defensive tackle, take him. Don't take a wide receiver just because right now this year we could use a wide receiver. Most likely it means in 3 years we'll still need a wide receiver because the guy you reached for based on position didn't have the talent to fill the need anyway.